Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm afraid its,fairly obvious you don't really understand. That's ok. You may know a lot about the bible, but you don't understand.

I did say by the way that we are advised to try and reason with people just like Paul did. Just like we are doing now. Did all the Greeks understand? No and neither will everyone we talk to. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try. There are things you will not understand without the spirit. Your complaint about the rich man verses are a prime example.

If, as an atheist, I had no chance of understanding the dialogue between Jesus and the rich young ruler, then why did you try to walk me through it and help me understand?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You do ignore it because you don't want to sell your stuff. If instead of that, Jesus said that you would get riches in heaven if you eat a muffin every day then I think that nearly 100% of all Christians would eat a muffin every day.

If you think this does not apply to all believers, then please explain what is applicable to whom. You can explain each verse of the Bible exhaustively or perhaps devise an algorithm for this. Why has no one done this in 2000 years?

Maybe John 3:16 doesn't apply to me and I'm going to heaven no matter what because God likes the cut of my jib.

The only thing noteworthy about the person asking was that he was rich. Westerners are quite rich by worldly standards. I don't think Jesus wants you to watch TV when you could sell the TV and feed starving children for a month.

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-have-give-to-the-poor-and-follow-me.7940452/

Why did Paul reason with the Greeks if it all has to be discerned spiritually?
Thanks for the link. Its interesting to,note that you got your answer to your question there, but still ignore the answers. It isnt that your not getting an answer your not getting the one you want or like it approve of. I have a sneaking suspicion I could talk to you all day and you still won't accept the answer.

• Agree
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know the Bible better than 95% of the people on this site and 99% of the people in any given church any given Sunday.

Nihilist Virus,

You're full of yourself. You might try 5% and 1% for the numbers above. You don't have the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-16.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If, as an atheist, I had no chance of understanding the dialogue between Jesus and the rich young ruler, then why did you try to walk me through it and help me understand?

One of our jobs is to try and help you understand. I don't know You at all and I was hoping we could have a discussion and you would be open to understanding. That's why we try and reason with you. But after reading the thread you linked to, it became obvious to me that you weren't really interested in understanding. I thought maybe you were really seeking truth and thus open to the spirit to help you grasp the truth. But it appears you are not open to that. Since you are completely adverse to that it makes sense not to try and convince you of the truth. I can still try I guess, but you have to be open to let the,spirit help. Otherwise it will still remain foolishness to you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Ethics aside, true ideas need only be perpetuated via indoctrination if they cannot be demonstrated as true. And if something cannot be demonstrated to be true, then what is the justification for believing it?

And of course as we all know, atheist opinions don't count.
When it comes to the word,of God and what it tells us to do with teaching our children then,no it doesn't count.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the link. Its interesting to,note that you got your answer to your question there, but still ignore the answers. It isnt that your not getting an answer your not getting the one you want or like it approve of. I have a sneaking suspicion I could talk to you all day and you still won't accept the answer.

I got my answer? Why not provide the explanation on the thread then? Or at least point it out here. Or somewhere. Anywhere.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When it comes to the word,of God and what it tells us to do with teaching our children then,no it doesn't count.

When it comes to the word of God and how you should handle children, the death penalty is one solution that is put forward. You do not have the right to execute your children, even if the Bible endorses it, and atheists will prevent you through the use of force. If the lawmakers eventually determine that indoctrination is unlawful, then there will be atheists knocking on your door.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where does the bible say to execute your children? o_O

760d3efdf2.png

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand and agree with your point, but at the same time that view of China could use some updating. The Bible and Christianity are both quite popular in China, though of course Christianity remains a small minority religion there.

It's pretty interesting...looking at intentional homicide rates by country, you have to get pretty far down into the list before you get to any country that is not majority-Christian (the first such country is the aforementioned Myanmar, which is ranked 28th in the world with 15.2 homicides/1,000; by comparison, the very Christian Honduras is #1, with 84.6). The United States (~70% Christian) ranks 108th with 3.9, which is the same rate as Iran (a Shia-majority Islamic Republic), Thailand (a Buddhist-majority kingdom), and the Maldives (a Sunni-majority republic).
Jesus did not murder, nor did he ask his followers to murder. Jesus taught murder is a sin and getting angry is a sin. How can you attribute murder to "Christian nations"? Jesus advised his disciples to be harmless as doves. What foul doctrine tries to accuse Christians of murders they did not commit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.