Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do define fornication as premarital sex. The action in itself does nothing to enlighten me as to the participant's intentions.
It seems to me that premarital sex is dishonoring to ones' partner, as well as to ones' own body. Therefore, no matter what other considerations there may be, it would be unloving (dishonoring). Real love is sacrificial and is willing to give up what it wants for the betterment of the beloved.

Rachel

Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that premarital sex is dishonoring to ones' partner, as well as to ones' own body. Therefore, no matter what other considerations there may be, it would be unloving (dishonoring). Real love is sacrificial and is willing to give up what it wants for the betterment of the beloved.

Rachel
Why would it be dishonoring?
Why couldn't it be unselfish?
I see no logical reason to make this leep.

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would it be dishonoring?
Why couldn't it be unselfish?
I see no logical reason to make this leep.
Having sex w/o commitment is dishonoring. Scripture tells us that sexual sin is sin against ones' own body. It's selfish because you just can't wait until after the commitment's been made and both parties can feel secure and loved within that commitment.

How do you see premarital sex as honoring ones' partner (or body) or as unselfish?

Rachel

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

Would you have any problem with your fiance having consentual sex with another person?
Right now? Yes I would. I ask very little of people that I love but loyalty and honesty is very very high on that small list.

If this is so, then it should have no affect on your health in anyway, shape, or form----if done naturally.
It doesnt if you use basic common sense.

I would also say that children without a father or a mother are at a disadvantage. Yet, such behavior creates just such an environment.
Ive had a number of sexual partners through my life (Im no Don Juan but Ive been around) and I dont have any children. So obviously you CAN have an active sex life and NOT get people pregnant or get pregnant.

Key thing is common sense, which I realize can be a problem

Upvote 0

repentandbelieve

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
✟2,742.00
Faith
Christian
Right now? Yes I would. I ask very little of people that I love but loyalty and honesty is very very high on that small list.

It doesnt if you use basic common sense.

Ive had a number of sexual partners through my life (Im no Don Juan but Ive been around) and I dont have any children. So obviously you CAN have an active sex life and NOT get people pregnant or get pregnant.

Key thing is common sense, which I realize can be a problem
Steezie, do you think that there is a sense of morality that could be called "common sense" morality??.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are such considered to be a "bad person" the way those who are sexually active are labelled? Do any of the above have the degree of negative connotation of the s-word given to sexually active women?

Tell that to a little boy who sits alone at the school lunch table because he shows open concern for lost souls and believes his Bible is the Word of GOD. Tell that to the child who is not invited to a party because he is not part of the "in" crowd. I have found that CHRISTIANS who practice their faith are far more understanding of people who sin then contented sinners are of CHRISTIANS.

Reactions: gengwall
Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having sex w/o commitment is dishonoring.
So you keep saying but you have yet to explain why or how.

Scripture tells us that sexual sin is sin against ones' own body. It's selfish because you just can't wait until after the commitment's been made and both parties can feel secure and loved within that commitment.
Why is it selfish not to wait?
That's like saying it's selfish to have a snack before dinner. What purpose is there in waiting that would make someone who doesn't wait selfish? And besides how do you know a committment of some sort hasn't been made?

How do you see premarital sex as honoring ones' partner (or body) or as unselfish?

Rachel
Because the institution of marriage doesn't automatically grant any relationship special virtue over another.
Entering into marriage doesn't neccessarily change the meaning behind physical actions between two people.

Upvote 0

Mrs.Sidhe

Jan 11, 2005
East Central Georgia
✟5,040.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And how do you do that when you've been saying such things to so many for so long? True love is not some CHEAP gift , though many seem to treat it that way. The divorce rate seems proof of that. I could never marry a girl who thinks as you do in this matter.... I would always imagine that I was being measured up against someone else.

True love does not equal sex and who the heck do you think you are to tell me that what I have with my husband has been cheapened because I had sex before I met him. Oh..and btw, it wasn't "that many" and I'll admit I didn't love some of them, but to love and to have sex are two completely different things. Our marriage is going just fine thank you and seems highly unlikely we would ever think of divorce. That's because our marriage is based on love. Not making sure the other was a virgin beforehand to ensure we wouldn't have anyone to be compared to which is honestly stupid.

Sounds like you have issues with insecurity and women which luckily for me, my husband doesn't.

Reactions: levi501
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So you keep saying but you have yet to explain why or how.

Why is it selfish not to wait?
That's like saying it's selfish to have a snack before dinner. What purpose is there in waiting that would make someone who doesn't wait selfish? And besides how do you know a committment of some sort hasn't been made?

Because the institution of marriage doesn't automatically grant any relationship special virtue over another.
Entering into marriage doesn't neccessarily change the meaning behind physical actions between two people.

Sex is more likely to cause pain than eating-is that true or false? Is being an animal about your desires, satisfying yourself at the expense or without regard for the feelings of others-is that what you promote as leading to a happy life?

Upvote 0

faster_jackrabbit

IPU Stable Hand
Mar 10, 2006
Houston Texas vicinity
✟22,566.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Tell that to a little boy who sits alone at the school lunch table because he shows open concern for lost souls and believes his Bible is the Word of GOD. Tell that to the child who is not invited to a party because he is not part of the "in" crowd. I have found that CHRISTIANS who practice their faith are far more understanding of people who sin then contented sinners are of CHRISTIANS.
IF THEY ARE IN PEOPLE'S FACE ABOUT IT, THEN YES, THEY WILL BE AVOIDED.

If they keep it to themselves, perhaps they won't be.

It doesn't matter what people believe. It matters what they yammer on about.

Back when I worked for a company, I got along with christians for 18 years. Why? Because they never mentioned anything about religion.

Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sex is more likely to cause pain than eating-is that true or false? Is being an animal about your desires, satisfying yourself at the expense or without regard for the feelings of others-is that what you promote as leading to a happy life?
How does premarital sex = being an animal and satisfying your desires at the expense of others?

Say your in a relationship with someone you love...
How is the meaning behind sex magically changed at the moment of matrimony?
By your posts before Elman I know you qualify right and wrong by whether or not your acting loving or unloving towards another. Do you believe sex can only be a loving act between two people after marriage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How does premarital sex = being an animal and satisfying your desires at the expense of others?

Say your in a relationship with someone you love...
How is the meaning behind sex magically changed at the moment of matrimony?
By your posts before Elman I know you qualify right and wrong by whether or not your acting loving or unloving towards another. Do you believe sex can only be a loving act between two people after marriage?
Yes I think sex can only be a loving act between two people who are commited to each other and their relationship. Sex is not the same as having lunch or not. There are too many potential ways of creating pain for people through indescriminate sex to call it completely harmless or equal to eating a meal.

Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0

faster_jackrabbit

IPU Stable Hand
Mar 10, 2006
Houston Texas vicinity
✟22,566.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of course it is up to the parties involved. Why would it be up to somebody not involved?
I don't know. You seem to want to be involved with it. You seem to want the people who are involved to feel dishonored because their partner has had sex with someone else. Maybe they don't feel dishonored and don't want to.

Go ahead and be dishonored and don't marry someone who has had sex before. Don't expect everyone else to care.

I personally would have no respect for a woman thirty years old who had never had sex before. I would find her comical, and would expect to find some flaw, some reason why nobody wanted her.

Upvote 0