Why is everybody so afraid of Islam/Muslims?

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Other religions like Islam and Sikhism don't advocate violence or revenge, but they don't condemn them as strongly either. The majority of them do not actively go around looking for people to kill like the Aztecs did, but violence is still regarded as acceptable under many circumstances.

I wouldn't go that far. The Qu'ran is basically like the Old Testament. It's not inherently violent, but it does have violent passages here and there. The only difference is the Qu'ran DOES have more exhortations toward peace.

So I would say, if we're comparing on a violence level, that the OT is more violent than the Qu'ran.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah they are mainstream Islam... now explain how people of all colours and persuasions are travelling throughout the Middle East and South East Asia completely unmolested.

And why large numbers of Americans are happily and freely converting to Islam without any coercion or persuasion.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

On the contrary. It's more like pretending I know what Christianity teaches without ever referencing the New Testament. Sure, you use the Old Testament too...but the New Testament is the big kahoona.

It's the same with Islam. The Hadith and Sira may be 86% of Islamic texts, but to Muslims the Qu'ran is the big kahoona. It's comparable to throwing the NT out of the Christian Bible.

Now, are you going to stop obfuscating and start quoting the violent passages in the Qu'ran, or not?
I don't dispute that the Qur'an is #1.
But the bible is in chronological order, the Qur'an is not. Many of Muhammad's followers asked for clarification on many issues and thoses are found in the Hadith. Like: "Keep us on the right path. The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not the path of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray." 1:6-7

The charification is in Bukhari 56:662 when asked if those words pertained to Jews and Christians he responded "Whom else?"

Upvote 0
C

conamer

I wouldn't go that far. The Qu'ran is basically like the Old Testament. It's not inherently violent, but it does have violent passages here and there. The only difference is the Qu'ran DOES have more exhortations toward peace.

So I would say, if we're comparing on a violence level, that the OT is more violent than the Qu'ran.
The peaceful (Meccan) verse are abrogated/canceled out(Qur'an)2:106, by the Medinian later verse (violent) because Muhammad was rejected. Muhamm-er, Allah changed his mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

conamer

Ever notice the Qur'an starts out peaceful and ends violently- the oposite of the bible?

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ever notice the Qur'an starts out peaceful and ends violently- the oposite of the bible?

Revelations is based on a very violent ending for mankind. There is peace only after most of the world is destroyed.

Your comment was weak.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

Revelations is based on a very violent ending for mankind. There is peace only after most of the world is destroyed.

Your comment was weak.
No, there is peace only when sin is removed from the world, His return. You are wrong. The peace you speak of is a worldy definition. That is end times, not the end of the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, there is peace only when sin is removed from the world, His return. You are wrong. The peace you speak of is a worldy definition. That is end times, not the end of the bible.

Thank you for agreeing that there is much violence to come according to the Bible. We all know that one cannot sin when one is dead. There is peace only when man is removed from the world, after all the claim is that ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The peaceful (Meccan) verse are abrogated/canceled out(Qur'an)2:106, by the Medinian later verse (violent) because Muhammad was rejected. Muhamm-er, Allah changed his mind.

Prove it.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't dispute that the Qur'an is #1.
But the bible is in chronological order, the Qur'an is not. Many of Muhammad's followers asked for clarification on many issues and thoses are found in the Hadith. Like: "Keep us on the right path. The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not the path of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray." 1:6-7

The charification is in Bukhari 56:662 when asked if those words pertained to Jews and Christians he responded "Whom else?"

Well, since most Muslims don't hold the Hadith and Sira as valuable as the Qu'ran, they are irrelevant.

So come on. Qu'ran verses. Stop obfuscating and dodging and start showing some Qu'rannic verses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,856.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0