U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Recently, I was hit with the worst betrayal I had ever experienced from another Christian. When I asked "Why?", my loved one who hurt me told me, "I just didn't fear God." This person was a Christian and had been active in outreaches for years.

In the past, we'd always disagree about whether God punishes, whether it was okay to be mad at God, whether it was possible for God to be angry with any of His children, and whether God punishes.

Why do so many churches rationalize God's character? As if we're trying to help Him to be the good God He is, we make unBiblical statements like "God doesn't punish" (even though Hebrews 12 tells us otherwise) and "We don't have to fear God" (even though Proverbs tells us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom/knowledge.) Jesus told us to not fear him who can kill only the body, but to instead fear Him who can kill the body and cast the soul into hell.

Why have we come to a place of prettying the Bible up? I'm asking because I'm hurting by someone who never took it seriously until now that he's lost practically everything as a result of his sin.

I believe most all of our "correction" comes from our Co-Heirs in the Body that makes up Christ's body 2 Timothy 3:10-17 and through the Holy Spirit as He talks to our heart/mind in a spiritual way (This just now suddenly came into my head). Remember what Jesus said about little children? Why in the world would he want anyone to come in fear? Matthew 19:14. Although I firmly believe some have hardened their hearts like the Pharisees/Pharoah where fear is the only thing that may have saved them. That is why it is written: Proverbs 9:10 but for those in Christ, this was destined for US. 1 John 4:18. How can we love our neighbor by instilling fear into them? Would it be well received? No. Use good judgement from Gods Word.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe most all of our "correction" comes from our Co-Heirs in the Body that makes up Christ's body 2 Timothy 3:10-17 and through the Holy Spirit as He talks to our heart/mind in a spiritual way (This just now suddenly came into my head). Remember what Jesus said about little children? Why in the world would he want anyone to come in fear? Matthew 19:14. Although I firmly believe some have hardened their hearts like the Pharisees/Pharoah where fear is the only thing that may have saved them. That is why it is written: Proverbs 9:10 but for those in Christ, this was destined for US. 1 John 4:18. How can we love our neighbor by instilling fear into them? Would it be well received? No. Use good judgement from Gods Word.
Psalm 111 is a very wholesome passage about the reverential fear of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he may correct me. but i believe he was speaking about teaching it to the body .. not the world .
and there is no greater love displayed by man to god then to both fear him and love him ,knowing that he who has the right and the power to cast into hell fire .. also loves . love compels us towards God and when perfected ,ever being perfected causes us to fear him all the more , in love .
those who do not fear god , do nit love him either .
for those who do not fear him , continue in their sin saying with their mouth they love him but showing by their deeds they do not . thus showing they do not fear him who is able to save or damn the soul ,nor love him.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
he may correct me. but i believe he was speaking about teaching it to the body .. not the world .
and there is no greater love displayed by man to god then to both fear him and love him ,knowing that he who has the right and the power to cast into hell fire .. also loves . love compels us towards God and when perfected ,ever being perfected causes us to fear him all the more , in love .
those who do not fear god , do nit love him either .
for those who do not fear him , continue in their sin saying with their mouth they love him but showing by their deeds they do not . thus showing they do not fear him who is able to save or damn the soul ,nor love him.

There is still an element of "fear" we keep for our Father in heaven. I was reminded of it in a revelation. It's NOT the same definition of "fear" that we feel for anything in this world. Completely different. It gradually becomes familiar and loving.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is still an element of "fear" we keep for our Father in heaven. I was reminded of it in a revelation. It's NOT the same definition of "fear" that we feel for anything in this world. Completely different. It gradually becomes familiar and loving.
sure , i know what you mean. :) sometimes its difficult to word it out .

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Recently, I was hit with the worst betrayal I had ever experienced from another Christian. When I asked "Why?", my loved one who hurt me told me, "I just didn't fear God." This person was a Christian and had been active in outreaches for years.

In the past, we'd always disagree about whether God punishes, whether it was okay to be mad at God, whether it was possible for God to be angry with any of His children, and whether God punishes.

Why do so many churches rationalize God's character? As if we're trying to help Him to be the good God He is, we make unBiblical statements like "God doesn't punish" (even though Hebrews 12 tells us otherwise) and "We don't have to fear God" (even though Proverbs tells us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom/knowledge.) Jesus told us to not fear him who can kill only the body, but to instead fear Him who can kill the body and cast the soul into hell.

Why have we come to a place of prettying the Bible up? I'm asking because I'm hurting by someone who never took it seriously until now that he's lost practically everything as a result of his sin.

Adam feared God & hid. What caused fear? Knowledge of good & evil (kge).

God closed the tree of life (tol) as they chose kge.

In revel 2:7 God has opened access to tol. Is it possible without setting us free from kge?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Adam feared God & hid. What caused fear? Knowledge of good & evil (kge).

God closed the tree of life (tol) as they chose kge.

In revel 2:7 God has opened access to tol. Is it possible without setting us free from kge?

I believe it was the guilt and shame of his sin that caused him to hide.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yup

and sure , perfect love cast out fear .. when we are reconciled to god through the blood of the lamb of god his love is shed abroad in our hearts and we no longer feel the need to "hide" .. thus we are not afraid of his judgment .. but we are still very aware that al that that is made available by his grace and he still has the right to cast any one of us out from his presence ,thus we fear the one who is able to throw us into fire .. rather then fearing man ..we also work out our own salvation with fear and trembling remembering that we are saved .. this way (in Christ) ONLY .. a very narrow road back onto the path of life indeed ,and as long as we stay on it .. a path as sure as anything ever was sure . but if we stray from it ,we should fear greatly .for there is no more sacrifice for sin...
our reverence, respect and fear of god remains and thus wisdom remains .

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Guilt, fear & shame does not come without a cause. Why not admit kge caused it & made them lose both God & tree of life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
of course it doesnt come without a cause .. the cause is SIN disobedience rebellion ... and wore to those who refuse to turn away .. we should indeed fear God .
you need to get some scriptures going because what your presenting is too abstract and disjointed (not i did not say wrong )

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Guilt, fear & shame does not come without a cause. Why not admit kge caused it & made them lose both God & tree of life.

Sin was the cause of the guilt and shame.

Also, KGE is not what you think it is.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"my loved one who hurt me told me"

Forgive I pray. They dont sin against you.

To many think "fear of GOD" is mans kind of fear. It is not. Its what YOU think of this FEAR that matters. If one was to simply ask GOD.. should I fear you? NO! God never wants us to fear Him yet this is who so many think. To many that things of this world and apply them to God. Think..just what is this FEAR of God to you? I know Jesus as lord and I am in right standing with Him.

Yet you do have a truth. We do not fear Him. Again not talking mans fear. Fear for me would to never be in his presence ever again. For me a fear would be "I do now know you" BUT Praise GOD He does. How did Jesus talk to the 7 Churches? What did He talk about? Lets not try to LUMP so many Churches into one. Well did they talk about it last week? Last month? Yeah.. listen to all of them are we? No. Cant just pick a few weeks or vidoes and they say.. MOST CHURCHES ARE NOT..

Love ya..

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Sin was the cause of the guilt and shame.

Also, KGE is not what you think it is.

Did God say,"Do not sin" or "Do not eat the fruit of the kge"?

Kge brought curses & death. Sin is violating kge. Sin follows not precedes kge.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Did God say,"Do not sin" or "Do not eat the fruit of the kge"?

Kge brought curses & death. Sin is violating kge. Sin follows not precedes kge.

Did God say do not commit adultery or do not sin?

God said do not eat. They ate. That was the sin.

The text says that they ate, and "then" there eyes were opened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You're trying to convince a doorknob. We've already pointed that out. He doesn't care.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm genuinely sorry. He has one issue, and he ignores all reason and scripture that shows him wrong, and just keeps posting the same thing over and over and over again.

Having looked into the idea of the, "knowledge of good and evil", I think that the translation is not the best. The meaning is lost. Both Adam and Eve already knew what good and evil were. God gave them a command, and He also walked and talked with them, so it's not as simplistic as them not being aware of what good or evil were.

Through some study, and good teachers, I have come to understand that the sin in eating of the tree was in the determining of what is good and evil for one's self. In the garden, what Adam knew as good or evil was external. It came from God. God determined for them what was good and what was evil. Adam's sin (and ours) is that he wanted to determine for himself what was good or evil. He didn't want God telling him what to do. He wanted to be God. That's what happened in the Garden that day. Adam's temptation was, "you shall be like God".

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

God said neither.

Secondly the issue was not eating but rather choosing the kge which told them what it was to sin.

Kge says that even nakedness which was good, as evil. Thus kge created guilt & separated them from God.

Kge comes from the law (roma3:20). Jesus set us free from the moral law.

Upvote 0