Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are working from a faulty premise. God did not "make it so", man did.

I don't think you are writing from a necessarily Christian perspective, and I understand that. I can give you the "Christian" answer, maybe some others can provide other ideas.

From the Genesis account, man was originally created in full fellowship with God. We left Him, He did not leave us.

Sin has created a rift between God and man which resulted in death. Death properly understood is not cessation of being, it's separation. Physically, separation of the body and soul. Spiritually, separation from the presence of God.

What you want, I think, is for God to show up and say, "I'm back, and I'm not mad any more." I'd like that as well. It would be super cool. But it's not going to happen.

God did, in a sense, show up once and make Himself known. We hammered him to a tree.
You know God was never invisible in the beginning, he walked around with people. Then soonish God became transparent, angels became transparent too.

God is harder to catch than a Pokemon.

• Prayers
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone with the Old Testament can write the New Testament to fit the prophesies.
Your not trying to think.

Had you investigated you would see Paul and Barnabas presented evidence and argued from premises accepted by their audiences (Acts 13-19). The NT writer record history signed in their own blood. Agreed to by secular non-christian scholars.

Your "free thinking" seems to be of the quality represented in the movie Zeightgeist! Fallacious and focused on rhetorical appeal rather than any attempt to do the smallest amount of research.

If you have made up your mind then reject the hypothesis as false and move on and live out another religious inference such as atheism. If you plan on taking this investigation seriously then demonstrate a rudimentary knowledge of the Christian world view.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why did God make it so we would have to believe in him with no evidence?
He didn't. "Believing something without evidence" isn't the definition of faith, never has been and never will be.

If you just say that "God has made himself known through what he has created" I would have to say, does nature prove that your particular God was it's designer?
It proves that there is a self-existant, eternal First Cause that exists outside of space and time. That alone is a pretty good start.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul tells us why in 1 Corinthians 1.
For the message of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”

Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. 22For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26For consider your calling, brothers:
not many of you were wise according to worldly standards,
not many were powerful,
not many were of noble birth. 27

But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise;
God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
28God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,

so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 30And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Christ will not be revealed to those who seek Him as the Jews or the Greeks do. Knowledge of God's existence does not bring salvation. The nature of God is revealed to those who seek it, and Christ becomes true wisdom, that no man may boast except in the Lord.

Upvote 0

UnseenSaviour

Mar 9, 2018
DUBLIN
✟9,856.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Private
Why did God make it so we would have to believe in him with no evidence? Why did he make it so we would have to believe in him unseen?

If you just say that "God has made himself known through what he has created" I would have to say, does nature prove that your particular God was it's designer?

I'm after the designer.

Having Doubt is normal - the whole concept of God & then God sending his son Jesus is mind blowing.
What helped me was not looking at quotes about Jesus from the Bible (which is a book) but rather
Cornelius Tacitus a Roman Historian wrote that a man called Jesus did exist and was crucified.
From this I could believe without doubt that a man called Jesus was here on this Earth and was crucified.

Now comes the hard part - You have a choice that only you can make.... and it's either to believe in who Jesus says he is or to choose Not believe in him.
Goodluck in deciding.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why did God make it so we would have to believe in him with no evidence? Why did he make it so we would have to believe in him unseen?

I'm after the designer.
Personally I believe the evidence is all around us. I also believe our endowed reason also points us to God. However, it sounds like you believe God needs to somehow provide us with more convincing proofs in order to for you to believe that He is. Clearly the God of the Bible desires us to walk by faith not by sight and He has good and just reasons to do so.
Rom 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
Gal 3:11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”
Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

Hab 2:4 “Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by faith

An analogy of this position of need physical empirical proofs for God might be akin to someone that rejects the existence of "love" because they don't see it. Let's see what can be gleaned from a hypothetical conversation between a supporter or believer in love and a rejector or protagonist that denies its existence:

• Supporter: "Surely you believe that love exists my friend, do you not?"
Protagonist: "Why should I? I have never seen love", says the unbeliever.
  • Supporter: "But sir the evidence of love is all around you. Do you not see it with parents and children, husbands and wives, and in those willing to sacrifice their lives for others?
Protagonist: "The actions and motivations of others are highly complex and do not prove there is such a thing called love".
  • Supporter: "There is self motivation in human nature to be sure but I think you are short sighted not to see that there exists outwardly unselfish giving and sacrificial love in people from the heart.
Protagonist: "If love exists what does its physical substance then look like?"
  • Supporter: "Love has an invisible quality. It has no color or substance and yet manifests itself in every color and shade of the rainbow. It is unseeable yet more beautiful than any vision of the physical senses.
Protagonist: "I believe that you believe in Love but why should I believe in what I have not seen. Why should I believe in this invisible quality of love?"
  • Supporter: "Well I could make inferences out of my own experience my friend that I believe show you are missing out in happiness of life by not knowing love. However, to your own detriment I fear that may not be the way to convince you of love's existence. Perhaps the only way for you to know love is to experience it directly for yourself. I believe we all have the capacity to love, even if we have not experienced it or are blind to it. I would therefore recommend that you attempt to fall in love my friend. Why don't you try to love another and then come back to finish our discussion after your attempt to see if you can discover love."
We must be able to sense the spiritual beyond the physical and the invisible that points to all that is visible to the senses. I once was lost but now I'm found; was blind but now I see.

As Christians we are told to give testimony to the hope within us
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

But most in the world didn't listen to Jesus and so I also believe most are not going to listen to His followers either, since the servant is not greater than the Master. However, my personal joy, which I share with Jesus, is that some from every nation or ethne "will" embrace the Gospel and become partakers in the body of Christ by falling deeply in love with Jesus! I have no illusions that many will never know Him and so this journey is bittersweet to us. Despite this love demands the telling for Christ's sake. It's the sacred heart that propels us in the cause of Jesus, no matter how many time we are despised and rejected, or suffer persecution for the Name.
Mat 11:15 "He who has ears to hear, let him hear! "But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their companions, "and saying:'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
we mourned to you, and you did not lament.'

Upvote 0