Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why did God make it so we would have to believe in him with no evidence? Why did he make it so we would have to believe in him unseen?

If you just say that "God has made himself known through what he has created" I would have to say, does nature prove that your particular God was it's designer?

I'm after the designer.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why did God make it so we would have to believe in him with no evidence? Why did he make it so we would have to believe in him unseen?

If you just say that "God has made himself known through what he has created" I would have to say, does nature prove that your particular God was it's designer?

I'm after the designer.
He's given us the evidence, His Son, Jesus of Nazareth :).

Upvote 0

theanticrash

Jan 30, 2018
Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
I covered that answer, personally I do not suppress the truth.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is something I have to believe, it's not like I have ever proven Jesus is or was Gods son.
One doesn't have to prove Jesus. Jesus proved Himself. We may not have seen Him, but others have. His indwelling Holy Spirit in me is the proof that He's real :).

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I'm after the designer.
We do have evidence, that around 500 people witnessed the bodily resurrection of Jesus. Naturally it's the kind of evidence people can find reasons to object to, but so far it's still around for people of future generations to examine and come to their own conclusion.

Upvote 0

theanticrash

Jan 30, 2018
Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
One doesn't have to prove Jesus. Jesus proved Himself. We may not have seen Him, but others have. His indwelling Holy Spirit in me is the proof that He's real :).
I remember when I first became a Christian I felt a lot of different feelings. One day I was walking up a long dusty road and I was very depressed, I was thinking of my daughter who I had not seen for years.
I called out to God "Lord, Lord!" I need you, and then I felt a burning love enter my heart.

I said to myself "Thank you Lord, I know you are with me."

But the feeling didn't stay for long, and I called out to God again, it did not come back. Many times I felt this love here and there, but it was inconstant.

I now know what and why I felt those feeling's all those years, I know it wasn't a spirit.

Can you guess who it was?

Upvote 0

iEye

Captain
Feb 7, 2018
the Southwest
✟1,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ABCC0F7B-6C9E-45E8-9B4D-217E7F62F57A.jpeg

“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”
“There was a thing called Heaven; but all the same they used to drink enormous quantities of alcohol."
"There was a thing called the soul and a thing called immortality."
"But they used to take morphia and cocaine."
"Two thousand pharmacologists and biochemists were subsidized in A.F. 178."
"Six years later it was being produced commercially. The perfect drug."
"Euphoric, narcotic, pleasantly hallucinant."
"All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."
"Take a holiday from reality whenever you like, and come back without so much as a headache or a mythology."
"Stability was practically assured.”
Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why did God make it so we would have to believe in him with no evidence?
No evidence??
How is someone supposed to get convinced when there is no evidence?
Why did he make it so we would have to believe in him unseen?
Ah, you mean "proof" rather than evidence.
I think it is quite obvious that there was a creator at the time of the emergence of our common reality, including living nature.
As for a personal signature of God (the one from the Bible), "the heavens declare the glory of God".
Here's an interesting podcast:
it's a bit long though..

I'm after the designer.
Well, there are a few claims to fame in religion land.
The perhaps oldest, biggest and outspoken claim is to be found in the Old Testament.
This was confirmed in the New Testament, because Jesus affirmed the Old Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theanticrash

Jan 30, 2018
Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
View attachment 221311
“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”
“There was a thing called Heaven; but all the same they used to drink enormous quantities of alcohol."
"There was a thing called the soul and a thing called immortality."
"But they used to take morphia and cocaine."
"Two thousand pharmacologists and biochemists were subsidized in A.F. 178."
"Six years later it was being produced commercially. The perfect drug."
"Euphoric, narcotic, pleasantly hallucinant."
"All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."
"Take a holiday from reality whenever you like, and come back without so much as a headache or a mythology."
"Stability was practically assured.”
Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm after the designer.

Just from what I've studied regarding Epistemology in general, as well as what I call the "Epistemic Indices" within the Bible itself, it doesn't seem that faith is anything easy to come by. However, even if it is difficult to arrive at, this doesn't mean that there is 'no' evidence or that God won't help you to see the truth He's given that resides in the existence in which we all live.

If you feel somewhere in your mind that you'd really like to have faith in Christ if at all possible, then you might do two things: 1) Pray and ask God for further enlightenment, and 2) Challenge your own preconceived notions about how you 'think' any beliefs and/or claims of knowledge are justified; i.e. challenge your own epistemology.

Upvote 0

iEye

Captain
Feb 7, 2018
the Southwest
✟1,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
0C42A52F-B24C-4FAC-814C-B4353B4C837C.jpeg

DBAFEF3C-71AD-4DC0-8979-39B55FF35527.jpeg

"Just paint your face" the shadows smile
Slipping me away from you
"Oh it doesn't matter how you hide
Find you if we're wanting to
So slide back down and close your eyes
Sleep a while
You must be tired..."

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm after the designer.

You are working from a faulty premise. God did not "make it so", man did.

I don't think you are writing from a necessarily Christian perspective, and I understand that. I can give you the "Christian" answer, maybe some others can provide other ideas.

From the Genesis account, man was originally created in full fellowship with God. We left Him, He did not leave us.

Sin has created a rift between God and man which resulted in death. Death properly understood is not cessation of being, it's separation. Physically, separation of the body and soul. Spiritually, separation from the presence of God.

What you want, I think, is for God to show up and say, "I'm back, and I'm not mad any more." I'd like that as well. It would be super cool. But it's not going to happen.

God did, in a sense, show up once and make Himself known. We hammered him to a tree.

Upvote 0

Thomas1987

Feb 4, 2018
Ivano-Frankivsk
✟10,352.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm after the designer.

What do you mean by no evidence ? He told Jews exactly the date when Messiah will be proclaimed on donkey .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Firstly creation. I can not believe for one second the magnificent variation and beauty all around us happened randomly. It's impossible.

Then the Bible gives plenty of accounts of eyewitness and fulfilled prophecy.

The Holy Spirit prompts us to discover the Truth.

Answered prayer.

Had far too many coincidences backing up my reading, far too often for it not to be God leading the Way. It is statistically impossiblr to not be God's hand at work.

Upvote 0

theanticrash

Jan 30, 2018
Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Firstly creation. I can not believe for one second the magnificent variation and beauty all around us happened randomly. It's impossible.

Then the Bible gives plenty of accounts of eyewitness and fulfilled prophecy.

The Holy Spirit prompts us to discover the Truth.

Answered prayer.

Had far too many coincidences backing up my reading, far too often for it not to be God leading the Way. It is statistically impossiblr to not be God's hand at work.
If that's true the Bible should full of fundamental law's that explain nature.
Not full of fundamental law's that require the killing of animals to appease an angry God.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If that's true the Bible should full of fundamental law's that explain nature.
Not full of fundamental law's that require the killing of animals to appease an angry God.
Are you vegan?

Upvote 0