Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
But their grammar is (not are) terrible.
At least you can almost figure out what billy joe is saying even if he ain't got his grammer down to a science. Educated people may get their grammer right, but they may as well be talking another language when it comes to trying to figure out what they are talking about. Then you wonder why no one believe them, when you can not figure out what they are saying.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
w81minit said:
I understand that. But science shouldn't check their Creator at the door. I have heard it said that science will ultimately prove that God exists and that he is the Creator. we observe his workmanship each day. When we see a beautiful sunset that calls colors beautiful beyond imagination we can say that it is simply the product of the gases in the atmosphere and the properties of light refracting off vapors. That we can explain it to our own satisfaction doesn't in any way negate who designed it.

This is all fine-and-dandy, but it's philosophical/theological in nature and not scientific. Like I said, in order for science to work and scientific theories to have any validity whatsoever, one cannot arbitrarily invoke an arbitrarily defined divine being. Because then all you'd end up with is a mess of competing theories full of invocations of divine beings with no way to tell them apart.

While it may make you sleep better at night knowing that a pretty sunset is the result of God's work, it doesn't negate the physical properties behind it. Likewise, just because you think that God ultimately created all life on Earth, doesn't negate biological evolution as an explanation for life's diversity.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
luckynugget said:
I have studied alot on evolution actually.
No you haven't and so I think you are bearing false witness.

Just because I am 16 doesn't mean I am dumb.
No but it seems to help.

I have not heard any proof whatsoever from any of you that evulotion is true.
Science isn't about proof. Are you sure you have studied? Remember that false witness thing?

I have disproved one of your theories about the speck of dirt spinning and then exploding and how the planets spin in different directions.
The Law of Thermodynamics also disproves evolution.
The odds you know anything about thermodynamics are truly mind boggling.

The Law of Thermodynamics states that everything gradually decays and gets worse. For example, a house that is left uninhabited will eventually fall apart.
Heard of Gibbs Free Energy? Thought not.

Now evolution states that everything is getting better, speices evolving into the higher speices, man getting smarter (which man is not if you look at the earliest civilizations they had a written language and in early Egypt in about 3000 B.C they had very complex sewage systems and even forced air heat to heat their homes) and so on. This goes against the Law of Thermodynamics.
What the heck definition of evolution is this. Do you have parents? Ask them for help, quick!
This has nothing to do with thermodynamics.

On the other hand this does not cause a conflict with creationist because creationist believe that everything was created perfect and is gradually wearing down.
Well at least you have one cartoon down pat.

I am using science to disprove what you call "science".
You wouldn't know science if it knocked on your front door in the next 10 seconds.

Some may think this reply is unkind, well you have to be cruel to be kind.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
There are so many wrong things I don't even know where to begin.

The short list,
•Evolution says nothing about the big bang. Its a seperate theory.
•The big bang doesn't say we came from a speck of dust
•The big bang doesn't say everything was spinning
•Retrograde motion of the planets doesn't contradict angular momentum
•Thermodynamics does not contradict evolution or say "things are degrading"*
•You are using bad science and pretending its working.

If you want to learn I would stop listening to Drdino and start asking questions here, there are quite a few scientists that would be willing to help you, if you are willing to learn.

*The star was there because I have a question for you,
Do you think all scientists for the last 150 years are morons, or is there a giant conspiracy?
Those are the only two options I can think of if the 2nd law of thermodynamics (something that is taught in high school) disproved evolution.

luckynugget said:
I have studied alot on evolution actually. Just because I am 16 doesn't mean I am dumb. I have not heard any proof whatsoever from any of you that evulotion is true. I have disproved one of your theories about the speck of dirt spinning and then exploding and how the planets spin in different directions. The Law of Thermodynamics also disproves evolution. The Law of Thermodynamics states that everything gradually decays and gets worse. For example, a house that is left uninhabited will eventually fall apart. Now evolution states that everything is getting better, speices evolving into the higher speices, man getting smarter (which man is not if you look at the earliest civilizations they had a written language and in early Egypt in about 3000 B.C they had very complex sewage systems and even forced air heat to heat their homes) and so on. This goes against the Law of Thermodynamics. On the other hand this does not cause a conflict with creationist because creationist believe that everything was created perfect and is gradually wearing down. I am using science to disprove what you call "science".

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
They do not! C'mon John, show us the source for this silly claim.
You have never seen a gallop poll?

According to a 1993 Gallup poll, 47% of the American public adopted the young earth creationist view that humans were created by God around 10,000 years ago. Another 35% were theistic evolutionists, and only 11% believe the universe has evolved naturally. This makes evolutionists who try to portray young-earth creationists as a small fringe group look a bit silly.

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
At least you can almost figure out what billy joe is saying even if he ain't got his grammer down to a science. Educated people may get their grammer right, but they may as well be talking another language when it comes to trying to figure out what they are talking about. Then you wonder why no one believe them, when you can not figure out what they are saying.
So, according to you, educated people are stupid, because they can't make their points understood by people who aren't equipped with the education to understand the points in the first place. I know you are insecure about the educated, but you'd better re-think this silly position of yours.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:

And yet people have little trouble utilizing the fruits of educated people's knowledge. It's an odd paradox, anti-intellectualism and the adoption of technology by the masses. For example, I bet all these people who complain about evolutionary theory probably have no problem with (or no idea for that matter) that they may be enjoying medical or agricultural advancements as a result of said theory.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
luckynugget said:
I have studied alot on evolution actually. Just because I am 16 doesn't mean I am dumb.

Then you won't have any trouble reading through this to find out why your 2LoT argument is wrong.

And while you're at it, you might want to check out this Introduction to Evolutionary Biology so you'll have a better idea what evolution actually *is*.

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
You have never seen a gallop poll?
That's Gallup poll, John, and yes I've seen them. So by your eleven year old poll, 47% were YEC, and 46% believed otherwise. You said that the largest group STILL (implying NOW, even though you use an eleven year old poll) believes in young earth. These seem evenly matched to me, and if you factor in the missing 7%, I think it's pretty clear that you're wrong.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
luckynugget said:
I have studied alot on evolution actually. Just because I am 16 doesn't mean I am dumb.
It would be a good idea to study a bit more.

I have not heard any proof whatsoever from any of you that evulotion is true.
There are plenty of threads displaying evidence for evolution. Perphaps you should search for them.

I have disproved one of your theories about the speck of dirt spinning and then exploding and how the planets spin in different directions.
You disproved a strawman. Congradulations. Maybe you should look into what the Big Bang theory actually proposes.

The Law of Thermodynamics also disproves evolution. The Law of Thermodynamics states that everything gradually decays and gets worse.
No, it doesn't. http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CF/CF001.html

Now evolution states that everything is getting better, speices evolving into the higher speices, man getting smarter (which man is not if you look at the earliest civilizations they had a written language and in early Egypt in about 3000 B.C they had very complex sewage systems and even forced air heat to heat their homes) and so on.
Evolution is not necessarily progress (less complex ---> more complex), it is "change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species." - dictionary definition

"Evolution is not progress. Populations simply adapt to their current surroundings. They do not necessarily become better in any absolute sense over time. A trait or strategy that is successful at one time may be unsuccessful at another." - talk origins

This goes against the Law of Thermodynamics. On the other hand this does not cause a conflict with creationist because creationist believe that everything was created perfect and is gradually wearing down. I am using science to disprove what you call "science".
Actually, here you are using theology to try to disprove science. It is about as effective an argument as saying that the Earth doesn't revolve around the sun because the Bible says it doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

luckynugget

Aug 31, 2004
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Dude all you did was talk smack. You still have not given me any proof. Oh and the definition of science is- knowledge made up of an orderly system of facts that have been learned from study, observation, and experiments. YOu have to be able to study and observe something for it to be science. Did you see the monkey evolving into the man? I don't think so. Don't say well did you see God create the earth? That's not my point i admitt that God making the earth is not sciene and that it is a religion. What I am trying to say is that evolution is not science it's a religion. Science goes against evolution. Stop talking smack and give me some evidence. If you are so smart.

Upvote 0

Physics_guy

Dec 11, 2003
✟1,687.00
I have studied alot on evolution actually. Just because I am 16 doesn't mean I am dumb. I have not heard any proof whatsoever from any of you that evulotion is true. I have disproved one of your theories about the speck of dirt spinning and then exploding and how the planets spin in different directions. The Law of Thermodynamics also disproves evolution. The Law of Thermodynamics states that everything gradually decays and gets worse. For example, a house that is left uninhabited will eventually fall apart. Now evolution states that everything is getting better, speices evolving into the higher speices, man getting smarter (which man is not if you look at the earliest civilizations they had a written language and in early Egypt in about 3000 B.C they had very complex sewage systems and even forced air heat to heat their homes) and so on. This goes against the Law of Thermodynamics. On the other hand this does not cause a conflict with creationist because creationist believe that everything was created perfect and is gradually wearing down. I am using science to disprove what you call "science".
Oh dear Lord - make it stop - please make it stop!

I cannot believe how misguided some people are - this is direct from Hovind, to even try to correct would be a waste of time.

By the way, are you fibbing when you say "have studied alot on evolution actually." I am pretty sure you are incapable of defining the term evolution - much less actually understand what the Theory of Evolution states.

If you are interested in learning - ask. If you are interested in spreading stuff you got from some Hovind video, don't get offended when people call you out.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
So, according to you, educated people are stupid,
Well, not all of them, just most of them. But that is not the point. The point is that uneducated people often realize how stupid so called educated people are, but the educated do not always realize they are a few frys short of a full happy meal.

Upvote 0

Physics_guy

Dec 11, 2003
✟1,687.00
Dude all you did was talk smack. You still have not given me any proof. Oh and the definition of science is- knowledge made up of an orderly system of facts that have been learned from study, observation, and experiments. YOu have to be able to study and observe something for it to be science. Did you see the monkey evolving into the man? I don't think so. Don't say well did you see God create the earth? That's not my point i admitt that God making the earth is not sciene and that it is a religion. What I am trying to say is that evolution is not science it's a religion. Science goes against evolution. Stop talking smack and give me some evidence. If you are so smart.
And all you did was misrepresentations about topics you do not understand (Big Bang Cosmology, the Theory of Evolution, Thermodynamics, Conversation of Angular Momentum, etc.) If you really think you have any understanding of these topics whatsoever, I ask you to simply define them. Your posts have so far been meaningless, recited from Hovind videos and other creationist tracts (and not even from the reputable ones!).

Suffice it to say, it is quite simple to show that the Theory of Evolution has nothing to do with a "spinning speck of dirt," does not violate any of the Laws of Thermodynamics, and is not a religion. The fact that you use such amazingly poor arguments show that you will likely not listen to any of the answers. It is a shame you show no interest in learning anything about science so early in life.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Physics_guy said:
I am pretty sure you are incapable of defining the term evolution - much less actually understand what the Theory of Evolution states.
I doubt if you could define the term "evolution" and even if you could by the time you went to post it, the theory would have changed and your definition would be obsolute and outdated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
luckynugget said:
You are just parotting stuff you read on a crank website or your pastor trotted out during a sermon.

You don't know any science, heck you don't even know what science is and I'll bet $1,000,000 (if I had it) you never shall.

Why are many scientists Christians?
Why do scientists much smarter than you accept evolutionary theory?
Why don't you know any science?
Is your school lacking?

Upvote 0

Physics_guy

Dec 11, 2003
✟1,687.00
Well, not all of them, just most of them. But that is not the point. The point is that uneducated people often realize how stupid so called educated people are, but the educated do not always realize they are a few frys short of a full happy meal.

I love John's arguments to justify his own lack of education. That is not something you see every day - people defending their ignorance as a virtue.

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
Let me provide you with the my full sentence, since you don't have the intellectual honesty to even quote correctly:
Ish said:
So, according to you, educated people are stupid, because they can't make their points understood by people who aren't equipped with the education to understand the points in the first place.
Now, how about answering my point, instead of the one you made up for me?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Physics_guy said:
I love John's arguments to justify his own lack of education. That is not something you see every day - people defending their ignorance as a virtue.
Just because somone is uneducated, does not make them ignorant, unaware or uninformed. What is a virture is being able to see how ignorant educated people really are.

I remember an old guy once that was about 80 years old and he was a sign painter. He had something wrong with him and his hands shook all of the time. I use to watch him paint signs and it amazed me. He would somehow get a hold of the brush, and he would put it in the paint all the time his hand was shaking like crazy. Then as soon as the brush touches the sign, his hand quit shaking and he would draw a pretty good looking letter on the sign. Then his hand would start to shake again as soon as the brush left the sign.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by: Ish
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif

So, according to you, educated people are stupid, because they can't make their points understood by people who aren't equipped with the education to understand the points in the first place.
Now, how about answering my point, instead of the one you made up for me?
We live in a day and an age when people specialize in something. Many educated people today lack a well rounded education. They just know a lot about their area of study. Also, I run into so called educated people who lack Bible knowledge. Even on these boards I see people who fail to be able to demonstrate even a third grade level understanding of their Bible.

Upvote 0