Why evolutionary theory is doomed to failure

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
Lucky, So can you provide evidence to support your claims?
If you don't bother to support your claims, why should we bother to repost evidence that can be found on this very forum by the use of the search function? Or by just reading a bit before posting.

I guess the moon is made out of green cheese (until you can provide evidence that it isn't).

Upvote 0

luckynugget

Aug 31, 2004
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Hovin is right. It amazes me that you still have not given any proof. Just hit me with some proof come on I dare ya. Yes it is a religion. If you new anything about evolution you see that they do say that a speck of dirt spun around and exploded. Do you really think that something so complex like a cell could happen by chance? Oh and evolution says that everything evolved from a simple organism like a cell. Well if you would know anything about biology you would know that a cell is quiet complex. The more we cut it up the more it gets complex. Please don't be so stupid to say that a cell came from nothing. It isn't logical at all. You just don't want to admit that there is a God that is in control of you and that you have to submit to him. Who is the inmature one here? Man are you going to be surprised when you die and find out that this world didn't come together by chance. Think of it this way: if you die believing that there is a God and you find out that there isn't then no big deal. However if you find out that there is a God then you're in there. Or you can die believing that there isn't a God and find out that there isn't not big deal but if there is, then you are in big trouble. Why make such a big deal about there not being a God, because you don't want there to be one. Oh and even Isaac Newton said after all of his studying that there had to be a God that made what you see.

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
Just because somone is uneducated, does not make them ignorant, unaware or uninformed.
Actually, that is why a person is ignorant, unaware, or uninformed. Of course, uneducated does not equal stupid. You may be ignorant of the difference between ignorance and stupidity and not be stupid. Education would remedy this ignorance.

What is a virture is being able to see how ignorant educated people really are.
You don't know what you're talking about. A PhD in molecular biology is likely to be ignorant of many of the principles of Navajo weaving, unless educated in them. But how can you tell if he's ignorant about Navajo weaving unless you know something about it? Your entire premise makes no sense.

I remember an old guy once that was about 80 years old and he was a sign painter. He had something wrong with him and his hands shook all of the time. I use to watch him paint signs and it amazed me. He would somehow get a hold of the brush, and he would put it in the paint all the time his hand was shaking like crazy. Then as soon as the brush touches the sign, his hand quit shaking and he would draw a pretty good looking letter on the sign. Then his hand would start to shake again as soon as the brush left the sign.
Heart-warming, but utterly irrelevant to this discussion.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
What is the law of thermodynamics?
Provide a source as well. (preferably a respected source).

You never answered my question,
Do you think scientists are morons or is it all a giant conspiracy?

I would also recomend searching the forum, as the Law of thermodynamics disproves evolution fallacy is old news. Often based on a missunderstanding of the law.

If we showed you that the Law of thermodynamics is not evidence against evolution, would you believe us?

luckynugget said:
Um....Arikay I used the Law of Thermodynamics as evidence against evolution.

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
We live in a day and an age when people specialize in something. Many educated people today lack a well rounded education. They just know a lot about their area of study.
Most universities require a well rounded study plan for undergraduates. Where do you see problems?

Also, I run into so called educated people who lack Bible knowledge. Even on these boards I see people who fail to be able to demonstrate even a third grade level understanding of their Bible.
And you lack even a nursery-school understanding of Olmec religion, I bet. So what? Does it make you stupid?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
luckynugget said:
Hovin is right. It amazes me that you still have not given any proof. Just hit me with some proof come on I dare ya.
They are just playing with you. They know if they actually offered you proof, you would take off running and be gone. But lets start off with this. Amerian consumes about 24 million barrels of oil a day. It takes about 5000 pounds of animal vegetable material to make one barrel of oil. Where did all of that organic material come from to create the oil we burn up every day?

Proof number two. If you dig a tunnel under the great lakes you will fine large deposits of salt up to 300 feet thick. It was formed in layers. How do you think all of that salt got there? While your at it, tell us where all of the lime stone deposts came from that we crush and cover our driveways with.

Ask Dr. Dino, I know he has answers for these questions.

Upvote 0
T

The Bellman

luckynugget said:
I have studied alot on evolution actually.
Sorry, but the rest of this post shows this statement to be false.

luckynugget said:
Just because I am 16 doesn't mean I am dumb.
Not at issue. Nobody is saying you're dumb; they're saying that on this issue, you are ignorant - which you are proving to be true.

luckynugget said:
I have not heard any proof whatsoever from any of you that evulotion is true.
If you HAD actually studied evolution, you would have.

luckynugget said:
I have disproved one of your theories about the speck of dirt spinning and then exploding and how the planets spin in different directions.
No, you haven't.

luckynugget said:
The Law of Thermodynamics also disproves evolution.
No, it doesn't.

luckynugget said:
The Law of Thermodynamics states that everything gradually decays and gets worse.
No, it doesn't.

luckynugget said:
For example, a house that is left uninhabited will eventually fall apart.
Poor example.

luckynugget said:
Now evolution states that everything is getting better, speices evolving into the higher speices, man getting smarter
No, it doesn't.

luckynugget said:
(which man is not if you look at the earliest civilizations they had a written language and in early Egypt in about 3000 B.C they had very complex sewage systems and even forced air heat to heat their homes) and so on.
Strawman.

luckynugget said:
This goes against the Law of Thermodynamics.
No, it doesn't.

luckynugget said:
On the other hand this does not cause a conflict with creationist because creationist believe that everything was created perfect and is gradually wearing down.
Who cares whether or not it conflicts with creationism? Creationism has been falsified.

luckynugget said:
I am using science to disprove what you call "science".
No, you're not. You're using your misunderstanding of science to disprove what you (wrongly) call science.

No offense, but this post shows that you know very little indeed about science in general and evolution in particular. Please, go do some actual research on the study - and avoid the creationist websites (that's if you want to actually learn some real science).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
And you lack even a nursery-school understanding of Olmec religion, I bet. So what? Does it make you stupid?
I know as much about it as Time-Life books as to offer. Not that much is known and nothing at all like what we have received from the Hebrew people.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
Since you have obviously looked at all the evidence out there.
Maybe ask questions and you will get answers (amazing thought isn't it).

And no, Hovind isn't right about many things.
The tip of the iceberg,
http://www.christianforums.com/t796091

luckynugget said:
Hovin is right. It amazes me that you still have not given any proof.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
Heart-warming, but utterly irrelevant to this discussion.
Not really. It is pretty common for people to come up to me and tell me that my dad saved their son or their daughters life. At first I think that they mean science saved their childs life, or maybe any doctor they had gone to would have gotten the job done. But for them they really personalize it. So then I think, how can someone so stupid get the job done. That is when I think of the old sign painter, who somehow is still able to paint signs, even though his hand shakes so much and it does not look like he can get the job done.

Upvote 0
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
I know as much about it as Time-Life books as to offer. Not that much is known and nothing at all like what we have received from the Hebrew people.
I wasn't trying to evaluate Olmec religion's merits against christianity's, John. I suspect you know that. Your smoke-screen is thinning.

JohnR7 said:
What is a virture is being able to see how ignorant educated people really are.
Maybe we can get back to our discussion. Give me the examples of ignorance in educated people. I mean, I could come up with countless examples, but they are meaningless, as yours would be. Your entire claim is nonsensical.

-Example 1: Michael Behe is ignorant of what I had for breakfast.

-Example 2: Your pastor is ignorant of the complete list of Jefferson descendants

-Example 3: Stephen Hawking doesn't know squat about central Connecticut geography.

Upvote 0

luckynugget

Aug 31, 2004
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Ok there was a thing called Noah's Big Flood. If you study on that a little bit it will answer all your questions. You wont though because you are scared or you will stick your nose up at me and say that I am now talking about stories and that I can't prove itI really don't want to type it all out cause it takes way to much time. Just read it for yourself. Don't say that I am avoiding to answer the question because I don't know the answer, but guess what I do. I am just tired of your ignorance and this isn't going to go any where.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 1 Corinthians 1:25

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"[ 3:19 Job 5:13] ; 1 Corinthians 3:19

Is this the way you repay the LORD , O foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, Deuteronomy 32:6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I

Ishmael Borg

JohnR7 said:
Not really. It is pretty common for people to come up to me and tell me that my dad saved their son or their daughters life. At first I think that they mean science saved their childs life, or maybe any doctor they had gone to would have gotten the job done. But for them they really personalize it. So then I think, how can someone so stupid get the job done. That is when I think of the old sign painter, who somehow is still able to paint signs, even though his hand shakes so much and it does not look like he can get the job done.
And what does your shaky-handed painter have to do with the ignorance of the educated? I'll tell you: NOTHING. It is irrelevant. Quit the hand waving.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
1: Punctuation is your friend

2: Caffiene is not your friend.

luckynugget said:
Hovin is right. It amazes me that you still have not given any proof. Just hit me with some proof come on I dare ya. Yes it is a religion. If you new anything about evolution you see that they do say that a speck of dirt spun around and exploded.
What are you babbling about and what does it have to do with evolution?

Do you really think that something so complex like a cell could happen by chance? Oh and evolution says that everything evolved from a simple organism like a cell.
Mutation +Natural Selection is not chance. Next question?

Well if you would know anything about biology you would know that a cell is quiet complex. The more we cut it up the more it gets complex. Please don't be so stupid to say that a cell came from nothing. It isn't logical at all.
Huh?

You just don't want to admit that there is a God that is in control of you and that you have to submit to him. Who is the inmature one here?
Evolution is not Atheism, so what does this have to do with anything?

Man are you going to be surprised when you die and find out that this world didn't come together by chance. Think of it this way: if you die believing that there is a God and you find out that there isn't then no big deal. However if you find out that there is a God then you're in there. Or you can die believing that there isn't a God and find out that there isn't not big deal but if there is, then you are in big trouble.
Oooo.... Pascal's Wager.

Not only worthless, but utterly irrelevent.

Why make such a big deal about there not being a God, because you don't want there to be one. Oh and even Isaac Newton said after all of his studying that there had to be a God that made what you see.
And the topper: a pointless appeal to authority!

Who wants to field this one?

Upvote 0