Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
can you document this?

Yes. Below the level of species is changes in alleles within a population. Above that level is divergence between two populations. That is speciation. It's right there in the definition.

secondly, I take a more straightforward interpretation of "above the level of species." Namely that "level" is referring to taxonomy.

That level is the population level.

Upvote 0

Naturalism

Skeptic
Jun 17, 2014
✟8,259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
without begging the question, one would have to submit which features "that are midway" between Homo and Afarensis.

Fair enough. Is the pelvis midway? The Jaw?

I would say a decent candidate for an intermediate between Afarensis and Homo would be H. Habilis or even H. Ergaster.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Fair enough. Is the pelvis midway? The Jaw?

I would say a decent candidate for an intermediate between Afarensis and Homo would be H. Habilis or even H. Ergaster.

The pelvis is more like modern humans than other modern ape species.

326_71_Fa.jpg

P. troglodytes is modern chimps, in case anyone was wondering.

In Australopithecines we have a turn in the iliac blade like that in humans, it is shorter and wider like humans, and the pubic symphysis is facing more ventrally like that in the human. When we look elsewhere in Australopithecines we see much more ape-like features such as a smaller cranium, longer arms, conical chest, less flexible wrists, strong brow ridges, prognathus, etc.

We see a mixture of human and basal ape features in Australopithecines, exactly what we should see in a transitional.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A transition between two genra again doesn't necessarily live at the same time as those genra. Plus, sure, there are more recent transitions such as between humans and chimpanzees, but your assumption would lead one to believe humans and cats should be able to reproduce together too, just because we share a mammalian ancestor at some point in the past.

never said they live at the same time, they can be any generation, century, date, etc. As long as the common ancestry is proven.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
never said they live at the same time, they can be any generation, century, date, etc. As long as the common ancestry is proven.

Proven by what? If I have samples of your DNA, your grandmother's DNA and your cousin's DNA, can I prove that you are related and share a common ancestor?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proven by what? If I have samples of your DNA, your grandmother's DNA and your cousin's DNA, can I prove that you are related and share a common ancestor?

yes and no, homologous genetical similarities are very frequent between humans and rats, flies, dogs, cats and you name it. So it depends on what genetic study is done.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes and no, homologous genetical similarities are very frequent between humans and rats, flies, dogs, cats and you name it. So it depends on what genetic study is done.

In other words, yes when it supports your belief system and no when it doesn't. So, you say that we are genetically similar to chimps because of a common designer, correct?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Hybrid: the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, especially as produced through human manipulation for specific genetic characteristics.
Hybrid | Define Hybrid at Dictionary.com

How does a human mate with an Australopithecine that lived 3 million years ago? How do they produce an offspring?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

We share a common ancestor with all of those species groups, so of course we share genetic similarities. What is it about universal common descent that you are having a tough time with?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The pelvis is more like modern humans than other modern ape species.

326_71_Fa.jpg

P. troglodytes is modern chimps, in case anyone was wondering.

In Australopithecines we have a turn in the iliac blade like that in humans, it is shorter and wider like humans, and the pubic symphysis is facing more ventrally like that in the human. When we look elsewhere in Australopithecines we see much more ape-like features such as a smaller cranium, longer arms, conical chest, less flexible wrists, strong brow ridges, prognathus, etc.

We see a mixture of human and basal ape features in Australopithecines, exactly what we should see in a transitional.

thanks for the post however, there are problems with this picture for example they look fake, too clean to be originals. Do you have CT scans? I have found some pictures (next best thing)

now prove your point
here is some actual replicas of fossils (blue means reconstruction)

here is LUCY

Australopithecus afarensis: AL 288-1 | eFossils Resources

even here:

http://www.efossils.org/page/bonevie...sis/AL 288-1

note how Lucy is forward facing on the lobes of the hip

and note below how a human like hip wraps around for 360 degree balance for walking upright (not knuckle dragging)

News/Media Center

do you see the same bone configuration of the ilium (specifically) in actual photos of fossils, or CT scans?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
thanks for the post however, there are problems with this picture for example they look fake,

It's from a peer reviewed scientific paper in one of the most respected scientific journals in the world.

Author Summary

If your only recourse is "scientists are faking the data" then you have already lost.

note how Lucy is forward facing on the lobes of the hip

Ilia are on the side, just like in humans. Quit lying.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Common ancestry is shown, but we aren't going to make some ridiculous hybrids with transitional a which are extinct.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Common ancestry is shown, but we aren't going to make some ridiculous hybrids with transitional a which are extinct.

how is common ancestry proven. not merely implied. and if the observations cannot be verified why do my tax dollars fund their pseudo-non-science.?

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
how is common ancestry proven. not merely implied. and if the observations cannot be verified why do my tax dollars fund their pseudo-non-science.?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Common ancestry is determined using the very same methods that are accepted in court to determine human ancestry. Are you ready to throw those out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

You know by your logic, Argon and Neon would have to be capable of forming bonds to prove both were atoms.

You act as if there is only one way to demonstrate common ancestry, and pick the most ridiculous one

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's from a peer reviewed scientific paper in one of the most respected scientific journals in the world.

Author Summary

If your only recourse is "scientists are faking the data" then you have already lost.

Ilia are on the side, just like in humans. Quit lying.

like I said ...find ct scans of side facing ilia , or pictures of it. I did
btw. its not a lie. because that entails you proving myself to have willful intent to deceive. at worst I am missinformed not lying. so you again are wrong once more. thirdly yours is an appeal to authority as well. , and so thats three strikes. should I proceed to analyze you post?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know by your logic, Argon and Neon would have to be capable of forming bonds to prove both were atoms.

You act as if there is only one way to demonstrate common ancestry, and pick the most ridiculous one

at least I through out lucy as a possibility
to date you have given no links, no sources, no observations, and no conclusive evidence. should I proceed?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
at least I through out lucy as a possibility
to date you have given no links, no sources, no observations, and no conclusive evidence. should I proceed?

I don't need to repeat the sources and information given to you countless times by other people. Plus, I would rather not copy paste.

You thought Lucy was the produce of humans having sex with chimps, sorry, but not sound, seeing as neither humans nor chimps existed at the same time Lucy and others of her species were alive

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.