Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been seeing some raise fossils like Tiktaallik, as support for evolution. I agree, I see no reason why many creatures are not evolved. The only question is whether hyper evolution was in place, meaning the different state, of course as well. If so, creationists need not fear or fight evolution, but embrace it as part of their arguments. That is what I do.

So, now all that remains opposed to the bible, is not evolution, but the depths of same state abiogenesis, where they imagine some start for the evolving other than the created kinds of Eden. Created by God, exactly as the bible says.

On a related note, I was reading a bit about Malachi Martin, and how he claimed that the occult, and direct Satan worship was rife within the very core and halls of the vatican.

That reminded me of how evolution (and from all I can understand, the old fashioned concept of evolution, where old ages, and first lifeforms other than Adam and Eve are involved) has been widely accepted in the church I was raised in. Chilling thought.

"The Catholic Church teaches "theistic evolution," a stand that accepts evolution as a scientific theory and sees no reason why God could not have used a natural evolutionary process in the forming of the human species."
Evolution fine but no apology to Darwin: Vatican | Science | Reuters

"...
As examples of passages not to be taken literally, the bishops cite the early chapters of Genesis, comparing them with early creation legends from other cultures, especially from the ancient East. The bishops say it is clear that the primary purpose of these chapters was to provide religious teaching and that they could not be described as historical writing.
Similarly, they refute the apocalyptic prophecies of Revelation, the last book of the Christian Bible"
Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible - Times Online

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, now all that remains opposed to the bible, is not evolution, but the depths of same state abiogenesis, where they imagine some start for the evolving other than the created kinds of Eden. Created by God, exactly as the bible says.
I agree with this, dad.

I think the real culprits behind evolution are:

1. abiogenesis
  2. deep time
  3. Linnaeus' classification system
To put [biological] evolution in its proper perspective, it is a parenthetical series of events between Genesis & Revelation -- not the other way around.

That is, Genesis to Revelation are not parenthetical to the timeline.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with this, dad.

1. abiogenesis
  2. deep time
To put [biological] evolution in its proper perspective, it is a parenthetical series of events between Genesis & Revelation -- not the other way around.

I don't remember this thread, it must be old....

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
tumblr_lp1acdp9mY1qdxkj9o1_500.jpg

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with this, dad.

1. abiogenesis
  2. deep time

:thumbsup: Good posts.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree with this, dad.

1. abiogenesis
  2. deep time

1. Evolutionary theory predates abiogenesis by decades
2. I'm guessing this is talking about the earth being older than thousands of years.
3. Linnaeus was doing what he considered to be "godly work", he thought his actions would be helpful and support the bible. Despite his own system turning out to be great for evolutionary theory, Linnaeus was never an evolution supporter and probably rolls in his grave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You may have something there. Perhaps spending time trying to reason with atheists and evos ages one a little faster.

Perhaps going into a conversation in which you expect to be able to just remove ideas supported by decades of evidence without giving any actual evidence yourself is unrealistic

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps going into a conversation in which you expect to be able to just remove ideas supported by decades of evidence without giving any actual evidence yourself is unrealistic
Right, so if anyone tries to remove the time tested truth from the word of God, we will be on guard. That happened to be one reason I do not suffer the foolishness of so called science easily.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right, so if anyone tries to remove the time tested truth from the word of God, we will be on guard. That happened to be one reason I do not suffer the foolishness of so called science easily.

Time has not been good to the bible. The bible has centuries of people trying to find evidence and failing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Time has not been good to the bible. The bible has centuries of people trying to find evidence and failing.
People don't know when to quit ... and that's "not good to the Bible"?

LOL

That's like saying they're still searching for Enoch, and it's the fault of he being raptured.

When are you scientists going to wake up and stop looking/asking for evidence?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible is time tested. The bible actually will continue when time is no more here! Last time I checked, there really was a Peter and Paul etc. They claimed to be eyewitnesses to the events and life of Christ. You should be careful about calling them liars, when you are ignorant and seem to think that using a megaphone will help hide the fact. No. You cannot wave away the captivity, the fall of Jerusalem, the temple being destroyed not one stone on another left, Bethlehem, the cross, the sequence of kingdoms that ruled in the area, all prophesied in advance, etc etc etc. Hundred upon hundreds and more hundreds of prophesies all fulfilled. Most prophesies are not history actually. Why do you think Scripture stood through the ages??

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible is time tested. The bible actually will continue when time is no more here! Last time I checked, there really was a Peter and Paul etc. They claimed to be eyewitnesses to the events and life of Christ. You should be careful about calling them liars, when you are ignorant and seem to think that using a megaphone will help hide the fact. No. You cannot wave away the captivity, the fall of Jerusalem, the temple being destroyed not one stone on another left, Bethlehem, the cross, the sequence of kingdoms that ruled in the area, all prophesied in advance, etc etc etc. Hundred upon hundreds and more hundreds of prophesies all fulfilled. Most prophesies are not history actually. Why do you think Scripture stood through the ages??

I think it stood through the ages because those who questioned it openly were often killed up until about perhaps 300 years ago, when asking questions began to slowly be more accepted.

But unfortunately for the bible, it doesn't have the accuracy you claim it does. Considering how few events in the bible have any support with other documentation, that only 1 book out of them all has any hope of being anywhere near a first hand account, and the general fulfillment of prophecies which are exclusive to the bible and fulfilled without any outside documentation, I can comfortably say that most of the prophecies, and all which aren't super vague, are likely just made up either after the events occurred, or just fake in entirety.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it stood through the ages because those who questioned it openly were often killed up until about perhaps 300 years ago, when asking questions began to slowly be more accepted.

No. Peter was killed for believed it as were millions of martyrs. Believers were persecuted in the Inquisition for asking questions about the religious rule. Salvation and the gospel of Christ was never under force of arms. Those who question state religion (godless evolution and etc) are often killed.

But unfortunately for the bible, it doesn't have the accuracy you claim it does. Considering how few events in the bible have any support with other documentation, that only 1 book out of them all has any hope of being anywhere near a first hand account, and the general fulfillment of prophecies which are exclusive to the bible and fulfilled without any outside documentation,
Nope. One cannot measure truth of Scripture by 'denominations', I would consider denominationalism more as evidence of a disease.

I can comfortably say that most of the prophecies, and all which aren't super vague, are likely just made up either after the events occurred, or just fake in entirety.

Then you truly do not know what you are talking about. Find something you can talk about with some authenticity. (if you must talk at all woman)

Upvote 0
M

MuchWiser

Then you truly do not know what you are talking about. Find something you can talk about with some authenticity. (if you must talk at all woman)
It must get right up your nose when you find out a woman knows more than you, news flash.... because you were held back to be a creationist it means that most women who are not creationists know more than you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.