Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fossils obviously are not enough for him, you have to have a book saying that it is the case, and that book has to be faithfully followed by billions. Forget evidence.

I have seen this before. Nothing will be good enough and he will continue to play games trying to muddy the waters with frivolous garbage.

It is a waste of time.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have seen this before. Nothing will be good enough and he will continue to play games trying to muddy the waters with frivolous garbage.

It is a waste of time.

I know, what is really amazing is that he provides his own definitions, asks for evidence, we provide it, and then he quickly changes the definitions. If he won't ever accept what we say, why provide a definition and ask for evidence in the first place?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know, what is really amazing is that he provides his own definitions, asks for evidence, we provide it, and then he quickly changes the definitions. If he won't ever accept what we say, why provide a definition and ask for evidence in the first place?

please provide evidence of these claims

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
the only qualifications for macroevolution (per the definition) is to have a hybrid link two genras and also create fertile offspring, as this is what would be required to share common ancestry on a macro level. So please provide your "many more" hybrids. Most of what I have seen is infertile and thus the evolution failed.

Hybreds are not the way evolution works. Successful hybrids are, however, a demonstration that the two separate species share a common ancestry, and despite considerable genetic drifting can still produce . . . hybrid offspring.

Since this is the case, the fact that the offspring are infertile is not a "failure" of evolution. Instead, the limited success of the breeding is cited as evidence for evolution that has happened in the past.

You speak as if getting hybrids to come along is an attempt to make evolution happen!

Please achieve a better understanding of what evolution proponents are trying to share. It does no good to present nonsense as arguments against evolution.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It would appear, he thinks he is actually accomplishing something, or at least, really needs to convince himself of the same.

Again, it is a waste of time.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hybreds are not the way evolution works. Successful hybrids are, however, a demonstration that the two separate species share a common ancestry, and despite considerable genetic drifting can still produce . . . hybrid offspring.

Since this is the case, the fact that the offspring are infertile is not a "failure" of evolution. Instead, the limited success of the breeding is cited as evidence for evolution that has happened in the past.

You speak as if getting hybrids to come along is an attempt to make evolution happen!

Please achieve a better understanding of what evolution proponents are trying to share. It does no good to present nonsense as arguments against evolution.

I never said that hybidization is the only form of evolution. it proves my point nicely. namely that when push comes to shove there are no missing links.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would appear, he thinks he is actually accomplishing something, or at least, really needs to convince himself of the same.

I just found this gem now, apparently plant evolution is accepted by everyone and is a non-topic:

we were talking about vertebrates, and you bring up plant life? Do plants have backbones? I jest, but..

thats not changing the bars?

secondly, most people do not question the evolution of plant life. Thats a nontopic.

I guess flies evolve too, it's just vertebrates that don't, because, you know, backbones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I gave you what you want. more leniency. this is how you repay?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just found this gem now, apparently plant evolution is accepted by everyone and is a non-topic:

I guess flies evolve too, it's just vertebrates that don't, because, you know, backbones.

One of the many clues as to what is going on.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
please provide evidence of these claims

What claims? Of your definition of macroevolution? Here is your answer to what a species is, right after saying that macroevolution is evolution above the species level:

inter breed ability, reproduction of fertile offspring

obviously, not all species can interbreed with all other species but more commonly species within a genus may interbreed although there are exceptions as taxonomy is not a perfect science.

Of course, if I find a species that was formed by reproductive isolation in our lifetime, that doesn't count because these cases are of plants or flies, you know, things with no backbones. For those, evolution is accepted and a non-issue, right?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

you got two different things here. first plant evolution is another topic. which we could migrate to if you want to change the bars. secondly flies do evolve. fruit flies are still flies regardless of how their eyes evolve. thirdly, you can migrate to plants as soon as you own the fact that you dont think vertebrates share common ancestry. are you willing to do that?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What claims? Of your definition of macroevolution? Here is your answer to what a species is, right after saying that macroevolution is evolution above the species level:

Of course, if I find a species that was formed by reproductive isolation in our lifetime, that doesn't count because these cases are of plants or flies, you know, things with no backbones. For those, evolution is accepted and a non-issue, right?
again lets move on to flies or plants. but will you accept the fact that vertebrates do not evolve?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.