why dont you go to church

Zandy12

Life is like a rollarcoaster, just enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2015
Iowa
✟19,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think people who don't go to church should attempt at going at least twice a month (two Sundays). I love the church I go to and the people there because it's small. However, I avoid going often or do any volunteer work. At least for the holidays, you should try to go. The longer you avoid going, the harder it gets to maintain the habit of going and interacting with fellow Christians in person. Maybe you could share ideas with them?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would love to find a comfortable church in which to worship God. I have been searching for one in my area for a few years. There are so many houses of worship nowadays that I struggle to find one that is actually doing God's work. Like all the banks in the area, it seems profits are the common motivation. Or the political bent of some churches is simply too much to accept. This prevents me from returning to those churches.

And if I'm honest, I can say I get discouraged from trying new churches from my previous unsuccessful searching. Like rturner76, I think laziness has become a factor now in my decreasing searches. I don't feel like a detached limb from the body of believers tho.I have friends and family with whom I worship and praise God. And when two or more are gathered in God's name, He is present with us.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why don't I go.
Primarily because my Wife has Alzheimer's, so trying to get her ready with a time limit so we're not late causes anxiety attacks with her that makes her memory and delusions worse throughout the rest of the day. Tend to be easier to get her up and watch the streaming service instead.
Oh but you can go by yourself.
Yea, that doesn't really work either, Did that a few years ago when I was working evening services, started getting too many calls from her having panic attacks about being alone.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why don't I go.
Primarily because my Wife has Alzheimer's, so trying to get her ready with a time limit so we're not late causes anxiety attacks with her that makes her memory and delusions worse throughout the rest of the day. Tend to be easier to get her up and watch the streaming service instead.
Oh but you can go by yourself.
Yea, that doesn't really work either, Did that a few years ago when I was working evening services, started getting too many calls from her having panic attacks about being alone.

We should always make the distinction between unable to attend because of life circumstances, and being unwilling to attend.

My grandparents, before they passed, were in a situation where they couldn't attend. My grandfather could drive, but he was paralyzed in one half of his body due to a stroke he had back in 1985, and my grandmother couldn't drive at all. My grandmother devoted much of her energy to taking care of my grandfather. One of the assistant pastors from their church took it upon himself to visit them once a week.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0