Why don't preppers ever use sprouting for carbs? No energy needed and can be eaten raw.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just tell me one! Just give me one instance where Jesus told people to be preppers! You don't have one, do you?
A case for prepping 8

Noah "Prepped" An Ark!

Hebrews 11:7 KJV
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith

Look at the phrases:
  1. Noah...
  2. Warned of God of things not seen as yet...
  3. Moved with fear...
  4. Prepared (prepped) and ark...
  5. To the saving of his house...

His act of preparation in building an ark was a testimony to the world of what was coming. God counted his work of preparation as faith and righteousness. Believing God and acting on that belief is faith. In this case, Noah acted in common sense of fear what was coming. He knew the dam was about to burst, and he acted like anyone with sense would act. He prepared! This was not a fear born of doubt. This was a fear born of faith. He believed God. His actions saved his house. His wife, his sons, and his sons' wives would have all perished had Noah not acted on his belief about what was coming. He was mocked and ridiculed by the unbelievers. He no doubt was called an alarmist and had it been today he would have been called a fear monger. Yet his actions saved his life and the lives of his family. If he did not have faith to prep and build the ark how would he have faired as the waves overcame him and his family? His faith would not have lifted him up out of the deluge. Will your faith create food out of nothing? Will your faith save you from freezing cold and burning heat? Does it now? Do you have the faith to quit your job and just live on nothing today during relatively good times? If you cannot do it now, what will you do when the truly hard times come?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just tell me one! Just give me one instance where Jesus told people to be preppers! You don't have one, do you?
A case for prepping 9

Jesus told the Disciples to Bug Out!

Matthew 24:
15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand; )
16. Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17. Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18. Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20. But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

There are those today who would say these fleeing Christians are “of little faith.” Bible students suggest that the “bug out” location is Petra, a hidden location in the Judean dessert carved out of stone in the third century AD. If you disobeyed Jesus in this case you would not only be in disobedience, you would be endangering yourself and your family. Would you just sit home and expect angels or some imaginary army to come help you? God gives us the means and ways to survive. Never does He say, “Be faithful by staying home and doing nothing.” If you disobey and remain, you may find yourself in the middle of the greatest tribulation of all time!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A case for prepping 10

Lot Bugged Out!

Genesis 19:14 KJV
14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.

Boy doesn't that sound familiar! Many times preppers are laughed and scorned by those they try to convince. Lot told them to "bug out" of Sodom because He believed what was coming. So cold and hard where his sons-in-law that they thought Lot was a joke. In the end they had to be dragged out of harms way because they simply would not listen.

Genesis 19:15-18 KJV
15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.
17 And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

If I were you I would not count on angels showing up to drag you and your family to safety. If you do not have the faith to prepare for what anyone with common sense can see to be coming, don't count on angels to save you. Lot and company were just stubborn. They, like many today, had their souls vexed by the evil world where they lived. They were so hardened to faith, life, and common sense, that even when angles came to save them they lingered right up to the last moment, and even then had to be dragged away.

2 Peter 2:6-8 KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds; )

I pray that you are not so vexed in your soul with the foolishness of this world that you give in to the mocking and ridicule endured by Christian preppers. I pray that you see what is coming and do what anyone with common sense and who cares for their loved ones would do. It is not difficult nor is it overly expensive. But it crucial that you start soon. On "day one" it will be too late. I pray you do not find yourself in those crushing crowds fighting for the last bottle of water and squashed tomato.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A case for prepping 11

Are You Naïve?

Proverbs 27:12 ISV
12. Those who are prudent see danger and take refuge, but the naïve continue on and suffer the consequences.

Naïve means to be immature and inexperienced. We often see young people launch out in life and suffer due to their inexperience. I recall being young, in my teens and early twenties. Like most young people I thought I knew it all. It did not take long to see this was not the case. As the scripture says, I "suffered the consequences." Only with God's patience and help did I and my young family make it through those times. Yet today we see many "mature" believers failing after this scripture. They are not being "prudent." Prudent means to be sensible and practical. They have fallen prey to a pseudo-spirituality that says we can just sit back and do nothing and expect to be treated like babies. Instead of "taking refuge" from the obvious dangers of the coming storm, we lead our families out into the maelstrom with the presumptuous belief that all will be well. Is that what you do today? Do you take refuge inside when a storm comes or do you just stand out in the road thinking a big hand is going to come out of the sky and cover you up? This is what the naïve do. The verse says they just "continue on" oblivious to the consequences of their actions (or inaction). My father used to say that some people do not have the sense to come in from out of the rain. This apparently is true even today. Unfortunately, in this case, when the rain starts to fall it will be to late. They will be "suffering the consequences" of their inaction. If what I am saying offends you, I am truly sorry. But if my words spur you to action then I praise the Lord! I have no other interest in this other than seeing you and your family survive. I am not asking for you money, your allegiance, or even your thanks. I only ask you to be wise and take some relatively simple steps to save you and your family. Encourage others to do the same. If you never need these preps, then praise the Lord! You can always use them later!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A case for prepping 12

Those who honor God will need barns to store the plenty.

Proverbs 3:9-10 KJV
9. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
10. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

If believers are not to prep, then why are there barns? Barns should have no place in the lives of the faithful. Apparently they do. We have to put our blessings into something! Plenty is nice! Plenty is to be expected. You will need to store this plenty somewhere. Share it with others if you like. Start or contribute it to a food pantry at your church.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.

I read The Three Little Pigs as a child. It doesn’t take a genius to find the moral. People are welcome to prepare or not according to preference. But they don’t have a right to complain or expect others to meet their needs later on if they chose to live in the moment or sit on their hands.

That’s when you’ll hear a melody of messages about brotherly love, Christian charity, and so on. Be foolish if you want. The pandemic was the warning. There was no outpouring. Most had to fend for themselves.

The bible provides numerous teachings on planning and preparedness. Trusting the Lord is no excuse for non adherence.

The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.

For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?

The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty.

Whatever you choose. Make sure you can live with the consequences.

~bella

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,746,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread had a clean up of off topic posts and some responses.

Please read the Statement of Purpose for this forum. This forum is not the place to debate whether or not to prep.

The topic is in the OP.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen
The resistance to preparation has only occurred since the invention of refrigeration, modern transportation, and supermarkets. Go back 150 years and you will see that prepping was the norm and was not called prepping. It was called daily life. It was called survival in the world. Everyone did it because if you did not you would starve by mid-December. People have been prepping for thousands of years. The idea that prepping is something new and was invented by survivalists and doomsdayers is false. Not prepping is what is new.
You do not have to believe that hard times are coming to exercise common sense. If the truth be told, many anti-preppers are not exercising faith in God for their daily needs. They are exercising faith in their jobs, the economy, the supermarkets, the governments, and modern technology. Take away any one of these and you will suddenly be thrust back into the 1800s. Unfortunately, most people are ill prepared for such a scenario. One study suggests that if the US lost electricity, up to 90% of the people would perish. These are people who simply not know what to do, or they would place their hope in the government to come save them. I am not trying to cause undo fear, only stating facts. If electricity ceased today, right now, what would you do? If the gas supply was suddenly cut off, what would you do? If the supply of food at your local markets suddenly ran out, what would you do? Don't say these things could never happen. The events of the last couple years should be a lesson in what could suddenly happen.
Your post echos this.
"The pandemic was the warning. There was no outpouring. Most had to fend for themselves."

Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.

I read The Three Little Pigs as a child. It doesn’t take a genius to find the moral. People are welcome to prepare or not according to preference. But they don’t have a right to complain or expect others to meet their needs later on if they chose to live in the moment or sit on their hands.

That’s when you’ll hear a melody of messages about brotherly love, Christian charity, and so on. Be foolish if you want. The pandemic was the warning. There was no outpouring. Most had to fend for themselves.

The bible provides numerous teachings on planning and preparedness. Trusting the Lord is no excuse for non adherence.

The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.

For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?

The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty.

~bella

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADVISOR HAT

This thread had a clean up of off topic posts and some responses.

Please read the Statement of Purpose for this forum. This forum is not the place to debate whether or not to prep.

The topic is in the OP.

Thank you for your work. We appreciate our mods. Keep us in line.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The resistance to preparation has only occurred since the invention of refrigeration, modern transportation, and supermarkets.

True. Here’s a nice piece on the history of chain stores and supermarkets. I recommend the BBC farm series for a historical snapshot of farming through the ages. PBS produced period reenactments too. A simple viewing would reveal the truth.

Convenience is a modern invention. That isn’t the way we lived. We’ve grown accustomed to ease and availability. The pandemic opened our eyes. We aren’t used to shortages, unavailability, or price spikes. We had it easy.

Lack of support was the number one complaint among Christians. The contact and engagement they expected didn’t occur. When calamity strikes our focus is elsewhere. We tend to loved ones first.

~bella

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tobyjoe

Sep 24, 2020
usa
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sprouting is a good suggestion. Thanks Richard. Quick search showed sprouting seeds have a pretty good shelf life. Will be good to have fresh greens if we have the conditions to grow them. Only downside, as Richard already mentioned, is having the water to do so. Gonna look for some seeds now:wave:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Steve11987

May 17, 2021
Westerville
✟21,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

~bella
Well, whatever. I don't buy it but I'm not going to argue because it's not allowed. Take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, whatever. I don't buy it but I'm not going to argue because it's not allowed. Take care.
Steve,
"The purpose of the Christian Preppers forum is to inform and encourage other believers to consider prepping."
If you do not want to, that is your business. But arguing against those who choose to do so is against the forum rules. There are plenty of other forums to visit and discuss other topics. I think we have noted your opposition, and thanks for your concern.
Have a great day!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, whatever. I don't buy it but I'm not going to argue.

You don’t have to. I’ve dealt with riots, looting, protests, tanks, shortages, and empty shelves. And I live in an affluent area. That was the turning point for us.

I can see what’s up ahead. I was right in the thick of it. Preparedness allowed me to side step a lot of problems. I had alternative sources for everything. I gathered them over the years.

Homesteading is desirable for several reasons:

Land acquisition
Privacy
Food production (meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and bees)
Eco-friendly
Smaller community
Familial residence
Investing in the future

I’m okay if people feel otherwise. We have different priorities. I’m concerned about my household and making sure we’re well fixed. That’s my focus. What others do or don’t do is on them.

~bella

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Steve11987

May 17, 2021
Westerville
✟21,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Steve,
"The purpose of the Christian Preppers forum is to inform and encourage other believers to consider prepping."
If you do not want to, that is your business. But arguing against those who choose to do so is against the forum rules. There are plenty of other forums to visit and discuss other topics. I think we have noted your opposition, and thanks for your concern.
Have a great day!
Then why even argue with me? Why not just say, we aren't allowed to argue here? I didn't know you can't argue anything in this forum. Seems kind of boring if you can't debate and I don't see any reason to stay. Bye!

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

I'm right there with you on a lot of things, but this just seems churlish. Of course we will hear a lot about Christian charity and love when need increases. Its our job.
I also saw a great outpouring of assistance during the pandemic, but maybe it wasn't evident where you were. As SavedbyGrace says, part of the reason we prepare is to help others.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm right there with you on a lot of things, but this just seems churlish. Of course we will hear a lot about Christian charity and love when need increases. Its our job.

A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

I guess that’s churlish too. There’s no biblical support for laziness, procrastination, or inaction. I opened with the nursery rhyme for a reason.

No one has a right to expect others to bail them out because they couldn’t be bothered. The majority don’t prepare for that reason. They don’t want to do the work or spend their money on other things.

~bella

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

I guess that’s churlish too. There’s no biblical support for laziness, procrastination, or inaction. I opened with the nursery rhyme for a reason.

No one has a right to expect others to bail them out because they couldn’t be bothered. The majority don’t prepare for that reason. They don’t want to do the work or spend their money on other things.

~bella

No, there isn't support for laziness and procrastination. These are human inclinations that we are to struggle against. There is, however, an awful lot of support for inaction. Sabbaths are clearly very important to God. The story of Martha and Mary highlights that worldly standards of duty and responsibility are not the same as God's.

I do apologize for using such aggressive language. It was, ironically, rather churlish of me. I was taken aback by the implication that we should not extend mercy and grace, being so beholden to it ourselves, but I should have held my tongue.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is, however, an awful lot of support for inaction. Sabbaths are clearly very important to God. The story of Martha and Mary highlights that worldly standards of duty and responsibility are not the same as God's.

And Ruth’s demonstrates His perspective for the able. Was the grain delivered to her door? No. Were provisions given to Naomi before she gleaned? No. The bible doesn’t say that.

Ruth did her part. She heeded the practice for the poor. She wasn’t depending on others to work on her behalf or meet her needs.

There’s a difference between doing your part and filling in the gap with aid and never lifting a finger. Diligence is a fruit of the spirit. So is self-control.

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children…

~bella

Upvote 0