bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 3:13 NLT - "But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

The Adamic Curse is what separates people from the Lord. The Purpose of Christ is to Redeem us from this Curse. The Purpose of Christ leads us to the logical conclusion that there must be "Work" that He performs in His Redemptive process. The first part is Circumcision of the Heart.

Colossians 2:11, 13 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature." ... 13 "You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

Knowing therefore the Work of Christ, the next logical conclusion is that there is an Effect of Christ's Work. Ezekiel shows us the Promised Blessing of Grace, which is Circumcision of the heart, but this passage set makes it clear that the change of heart produces obedience. This obedience is what Paul called "Transformation" in Romans 12:2.

Below, note the phrase "so that." This directly implies a changed life.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 NLT - "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations."

Curses are not only bad, they are the crux of the human malady. And so this is why I don't feel that I deserve to go to hell. Instead, what I, and all who belong to God deserve, is His Grace. We did nothing wrong to receive the Adamic Curse.
Curses come as a result of sin, but do not cause you to sin.

Curses can be very severe painful discipline, but if Loving discipline is correctly accepted it can draw you closer to God.

Sin is truly tragic, hated by God, but it also can help the sinner in fulfilling his earthly objective.

The prodigal son was cursed in the foreign land, but it did bring him to his senses.

Just as the prodigal son wanted to be rescued away from starving in the pigsty, we want to be rescued away from the curses we are under, hopefully they have done there job.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The party does not represent salvation itself.

The party represents the rejoicing of God at salvation of the sinner (Lk 15:7).
My questions has to do with the Pharisees (as you said) making a free will choice to go or not go to the party. If it is up to them, like you suggested, than can they make other free will choices, to go to other banquets?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My questions has to do with the Pharisees (as you said) making a free will choice to go or not go to the party. If it is up to them, like you suggested, than can they make other free will choices, to go to other banquets?
That depends on what their disposition wants.

If their disposition is against going, they choose not to go.

If their disposition is for going, they choose to go.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That depends on what their disposition wants.

If their disposition is against going, they choose not to go.

If their disposition is for going, they choose to go.
You said the older son (and I quote you) " the older son is not lost, he receives his inheritance,", so how does he have a "choice" to not accept?
You said: "the parable does not indicate whether the father was able to convince the older son to change his mind, just as it was up to the self-centered exclusive Pharisees to decide whether they would change their mind.", but how is that not the free will choice the Pharisees have and if they do not are they not also lost?

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Curses come as a result of sin, but do not cause you to sin.
Have you studied the Adamic Curse?

Romans 11:32 NLT - "For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone."

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
As written, whatever is born of flesh, is flesh, and profits nothing.
For one.

What sin did I commit before I left my mother's womb to be deserving of the Adamic Curse?

Romans 8:20-22 NLT - "Against its will, all creation was subjected to God's curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time."

Has anyone studied the Curse of the Lord? It's pretty important as it lies at the "heart" of our Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In regards to OP: they know they are godless, but think everyone else is too. They think since everyone is godless, everyone will be saved. It's not a "I'm perfect", it's a "I'm not perfect & neither are you so why should God show favor to you & not me."

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You did not have to do anything - you were born like every other human "of the flesh".

Exactly. So why would I, or anyone else, deserve to go to hell for this? Adam and Eve caused this problem that extends to us. If anyone is guilty, it is them, for they were NOT born with the Sinful Nature. They were [not] born into disobedience as all were who came after them.

There is a Mysterious Plan kept hidden . . . by God . . . from the beginning. Are we, as Christians, aware of this Plan? Or, are we satisfied with attending church and hearing "sermons" that amount to nothing?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Exactly. So why would I, or anyone else, deserve to go to hell for this?
Who is the Creator ? Yahweh Elohim. He is Perfect, Perfect in Wisdom. He Created you.
So He get to Say what's what.
No fable of hell nor heaven. No fable of man's ways nor demonic ways on earth.
No fable of men's thoughts. No fable of the life to come nor eternal torture. No fable at all.
What He Says is , Is.
What He Says Goes, Goes.
When He Likes someone, Good for them.
When He Hates someone, Woe to them.
When He Saves someone, Good for them.
When He Curses someone, they are cursed.
When He Blesses someone, they are blessed.
When He Grants someone freedom from sin, they are free from sin, as long as they are willingly towards Him in their heart and mind and soul. If they turn away from Him, to sin, on purpose, by a choice of their will, there they go - doing as they please in the flesh, sinning, lost unless God saves them from themself.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Who is the Creator ? Yahweh Elohim. He is Perfect, Perfect in Wisdom. He Created you.
So He get to Say what's what.
No fable of hell nor heaven. No fable of man's ways nor demonic ways on earth.
No fable of men's thoughts. No fable of the life to come nor eternal torture. No fable at all.
What He Says is , Is.
What He Says Goes, Goes.
When He Likes someone, Good for them.
When He Hates someone, Woe to them.
When He Saves someone, Good for them.
When He Curses someone, they are cursed.
When He Blesses someone, they are blessed.
When He Grants someone freedom from sin, they are free from sin, as long as they are willingly towards Him in their heart and mind and soul. If they turn away from Him, to sin, on purpose, by a choice of their will, there they go - doing as they please in the flesh, sinning, lost unless God saves them from themself.

It is best to offer Scripture as evidence of a belief system.

1 John 3:8 NLT - "But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil."

Without the Work of Christ, there is no Redemption from the Curse. This is the Purpose of Christ, to Redeem. How does He do it and what is the Effect?

This is the core focus of the Gospel. Does the "church" understand the Gospel?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is best to offer Scripture as evidence of a belief system.
It might be deadly, not best, as things are in this world/system.

Those who are seeking truth, seeking Yahweh, His Kingdom, He teaches.

Those who are not, (billions), no amount of Scripture or teaching will help, unless He Determines to draw them to Himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
It might be deadly, not best, as things are in this world/system.

Those who are seeking truth, seeking Yahweh, His Kingdom, He teaches.

Those who are not, (billions), no amount of Scripture or teaching will help, unless He Determines to draw them to Himself.

All right. I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You said the older son (and I quote you) " the older son is not lost, he receives his inheritance,", so how does he have a "choice" to not accept?
He has a choice not to accept going to the banquet.
You said: "the parable does not indicate whether the father was able to convince the older son to change his mind, just as it was up to the self-centered exclusive Pharisees to decide whether they would change their mind.", but how is that not the free will choice the Pharisees have and if they do not are they not also lost?
The issue in the parable is not salvation of the older son (representing the Pharisees).
The issue is his (Pharisees's) objection to the prodigal (Gentile) son's receiving the same inheritance.

And where the parable makes an end to teaching, I make an end to learning.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you studied the Adamic Curse?

Romans 11:32 NLT - "For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone."
Yes, everyone sins, but that is not Aam's fault. Adam sinned with the nature he had and only one way to sin, but his curse was not to make us all sin by providing some new nature to man.
Sin has purpose for sinners. The only way for mature adult humans to fulfill their earthly objective (as shown by Adam and Eve) is to sin need God's forgiveness, humble accept God's forgiveness as pure undeserved charity and thus obtain Godly type Love (Luke 7, He that is forgiven much Loves much).

Upvote 0