• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why don't people accept me for who I am?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I tried that. It was an epic fail and only got worse.

Am very sorry to hear that ... well ... if someone is mean to you then don't have conversation with them and pray for them.

Upvote 0

Snoder

Jul 26, 2019
Seattle
✟10,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Snoder. His insults toward me and Rene were what got him banned and a thread locked.

I had no intention of insulting anyone. If you think I wrote something that was insulting please let me know and I would be happy to correct it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Am very sorry to hear that ... well ... if someone is mean to you then don't have conversation with them and pray for them.

That is easy to do in person, but on a message board, obviously bullies are going to say crap about me in threads even if they are not talking to me directly, so it can't be avoided. I ignored some posters but then their means posts were quoted so I read bullying by them anyway. This circles back to my inability to find people offline who want to be my friends, which is partly caused by the same disabilty that gives me a lot of problems on evil message boards.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
At least you're no longer a part of a forum where people are treating you poorly.

Do other people on the spectrum also mistreat you? someone mentioned finding other people on the spectrum to befriend.

The only reason I don't post on that forum is all the bullies forced me to break the rules while moderators let them get away with murder, always banning the wrong person. If they had treated me with respect so I would not feel like they were bullying me, I never would have been suspended for what CF calls flaming. I joined a Christian forum knowing people who love and follow God are not mean to those with disabilities.

People on the ASD spectrum do not treat me like crapl. Unfortunately there are not enough Aspies to talk to.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
one thing that needs to be said is that mercy, sympathy, and pity are free.

respect...you have to earn that.
But what does God in His Word say ?

"God is NO RESPECTER of persons"
and also
"Jesus did NOT give Himself (did not entrust Himself?) to ANY man, for HE KNOWS what is in man"

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The only reason I don't post on that forum is all the bullies forced me to break the rules while moderators let them get away with murder, always banning the wrong person. If they had treated me with respect so I would not feel like they were bullying me, I never would have been suspended for what CF calls flaming. I joined a Christian forum knowing people who love and follow God are not mean to those with disabilities.

People on the ASD spectrum do not treat me like crapl. Unfortunately there are not enough Aspies to talk to.
I apologize for not realizing you have a disability when I was posting back and forth with you over the last few weeks or so - I posted just as I would with anyone ....

Some time in the future, perhaps we can discuss some things more gently (or sanely) , in a way helpful for everyone ?

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But what does God in His Word say ?

"God is NO RESPECTER of persons"
and also
"Jesus did NOT give Himself (did not entrust Himself?) to ANY man, for HE KNOWS what is in man"
this will work if you're content with only having the LORD's company.

when you would desire to go outside and enter relationships with other human beings, things are a bit different.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
this will work if you're content with only having the LORD's company.

when you would desire to go outside and enter relationships with other human beings, things are a bit different.
I think Jesus trained the permanent disciples , even when going out town to town, city to city, house to house, NOT to trust anyone in the flesh,
NOT even to trust in themselves,
but to trust the heavenly Father in and for all things, no matter who is involved, and no matter what the Father says to do and to say.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think Jesus trained the permanent disciples , even when going out town to town, city to city, house to house, NOT to trust anyone in the flesh,
NOT even to trust in themselves,
but to trust the heavenly Father in and for all things, no matter who is involved, and no matter what the Father says to do and to say.
I think we may be discussing two different things.

Upvote 0

B8t6

Sep 28, 2019
Sheffield
✟2,997.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1 Timothy 3:10 (KJV)

10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

I agree that respect is earned as you even see this in Scripture that people are judged by their works/actions

Revelation 2.23 (KJV)

23And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Upvote 0