Why don't creationists get together and start their own town, or their own state?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Come on, AV, please grow a spine and just admit that you're wrong. You've been argued in circles and you can't defend your position -- you're not an idiot, you should know what that implies.
Well, I can always fall back on our motto, but if you guys don't think I'm doing a very good job, that's too bad. At least I try.

You guys huffing and puffing about it isn't doing your side any good, either. It shows I must have hit a chord.

Upvote 0

MasterOfKrikkit

Feb 1, 2008
USA
✟16,435.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I've pointed out before that that passage is about those who were once worshippers of God, who then turned their back on God, and the result was a descent all the way down into atheism.
Citation needed. Where does it say they became atheists? It says they became worshipers of various things (which is pretty much the definition of not being an atheist). Where does it say they stopped worshiping gods altogether? Is my KJV missing something? Because I don't see that bit.
In other words, once they got their eyes off of the true God, they became polytheists, and eventually some became atheists.

We see that even today with someone who claims he was once saved, and is now an avowed atheist.
Via polytheism and/or nature worship? And what does this have to do with anything anyway? Christians can become atheists -- is this news to anyone? The question at hand is whether atheists worship nature. Not did, not might, but do. And Thaumaturgy (if that's who you're referring to) is pretty adamant that he doesn't.

What if that passage said they became auto mechanics, and Psalm 14:1 says auto mechanics change tires? Would you think these priests-turned-atheists in Romans 1 changed tires?

(I know --- anachronism!)

Anachronism I can cope with. Going over the same faulty logic is less fun. Seriously, AV, come on -- we've been here. This reasoning of yours works only if Psalm 14/53 is interpreted as saying that all fools are atheists (or all auto mechanics change tires). But then other problems arise. (1) why not just use the word "atheist" instead of the ambiguous "fool" which has other meanings in common use? (those 17th century translators were so clever that they knew what God meant even when the original authors didn't, but they didn't think it smart to choose a specific word for these verses?) and (2) other verses make no sense when the same substitutions are made (fool -> atheist). This means there has to be some magic marker that shows us why the substitution is ok in Romans 1 but not anywhere else (or, at least, not everywhere else). But you're yet to provide that info, so the "challenge" remains unanswered: you still haven't shown that the Bible says that atheists worship nature.

Well, I can always fall back on our motto
No, you can't -- that's the point! The very question here is whether the Bible says it or not. And we -- we members of the EAC -- are the ones saying that it doesn't. God loves irony, I guess.

You guys huffing and puffing about it isn't doing your side any good, either. It shows I must have hit a chord.
That we don't like unfounded claims? How is that an indictment against us? Perhaps your metric for "doing any good" is "convincing AV". If so, sorry to break it to you, but that's not mine, nor many others' here.

A neutral observer will have seen that we press home against a perceived weakness while you bluster and dodge, fail to answer the question, then run away or claim to have answered it, thus appearing to demonstrate a complete lack of moral fiber.

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Citation needed. Where does it say they became atheists?
If you're looking for the exact word "atheist," you're not going to find it. That word didn't come into existence until much later.
It says they became worshipers of various things (which is pretty much the definition of not being an atheist).
You don't get it, do you? Biblically, there is no such thing as an atheist; and anyone who even tries to become one will end up doing just the opposite - in spades (i.e. becoming a polytheist, instead of a non-theist).
Where does it say they stopped worshiping gods altogether?
It doesn't --- as I have pointed out --- it does just the opposite.
Is my KJV missing something? Because I don't see that bit.
Look harder.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
If you're looking for the exact word "atheist," you're not going to find it. That word didn't come into existence until much later.

So you've got no business using it.

You don't get it, do you? Biblically, there is no such thing as an atheist; and anyone who even tries to become one will end up doing just the opposite - in spades (i.e. becoming a polytheist, instead of a non-theist).

So, Psalm 14:1 is referring to polytheists?

AV, my days of mocking your Biblical interpretations have officially come to a middle.

It doesn't --- as I have pointed out --- it does just the opposite.Look harder.

If we look too hard for something that isn't there, we just might become theists... :p

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

"And if the federal government doesn't like it, Burnell said he and the other members of the board have not ruled out the possibility of the state seceding from the United States."

Wasn't South Carolina the first state to Secede the last time? Don't the people at ChristianExodus know enough history to recall how that turned out?

Sheesh, just what America needs -- a Sundown State.

Upvote 0
Sheesh, just what America needs -- a Sundown State.

America needs a lot more than that, morals for one, considering it's supposed to be a religious country.

Once America stood for advancement and the future, it now stands for decadence, violence, backwardness,
and depravation, (45 million people have no health insurance) parts of it are more like the third world.

I guess that's what happens when you are a God fearing Christian country.

Upvote 0

MasterOfKrikkit

Feb 1, 2008
USA
✟16,435.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I've pointed out before that that passage is about those who were once worshippers of God, who then turned their back on God, and the result was a descent all the way down into atheism. In other words, once they got their eyes off of the true God, they became polytheists, and eventually some became atheists.

Biblically, there is no such thing as an atheist; and anyone who even tries to become one will end up doing just the opposite - in spades (i.e. becoming a polytheist, instead of a non-theist).

We're used to you making up your own interpretations of Scripture to fit whatever point you want it to, but usually you at least have a consistent abuse of Scripture. This time you don't even have that.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Creationists did create a new land.
it is now called the USA.
This was founded by Puritan Protestant Englishmen with a aggresive intent to live in a very Christian society in morality and intellect. southerners were regular Englishmen.
The y made a superior civilization based on the greater attention to scripture and of coarse creationism was a core doctrine.
Everyone else heard how it was better over here and moved in.
A solid 50% of Yanks are skeptical about evolution and most want creationism in the schools.
Why not make a evolution state and see what happens.
Oh they did it was nazi Germany and Soviet union and cuba.
Jamestown was founded way before the so called "Puritan founding"

Historical revisionism doesn't change facts, it just makes its proponents liars.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
no state would be dumb enough to label theirself 'creationist' or 'evolutionist'.

We're cultures of many peoples' of many beliefs; a meltingpot of everything.

Thats a good thing.

Also, the puritans werent exactly my cup of tea....calvinistic folks who didnt warn the natives on thanksgiving what was soon to happen....

And they thought God was on their side when it comes to moving in on someone's backyard, claiming it as your own and them impressing upon others your dogmas....not to mention plague....

but revisionist history doesnt prove much...

I think God wants us to get along, regardless of whether or not people believe in Him.

Reactions: Cabal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beccs

Jan 11, 2007
✟15,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0