Why doesn't God make His existence more obvious to everyone?

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God is able to arrange an incredibly complex set of circumstances, fitting to each individual.

What if SOME people, in their darkened and rebellious state, might just be provoked to reject God because He was manifestly present? What if those same people, having been tempered by life, or later brought to a state of desperation, might at that time accept God, but only if they were not previously hardened by turning against His presence?

I think perhaps there cannot be one simple, all-encompassing answer to such questions, sort of a "one size fits all" way of God dealing with humanity, such that only those who it favors can be saved.

God is always about drawing people to him - through whatever means and at whatever time are most effective for that person. So perhaps this question falls under that paradigm of what particular way God deals with mankind and why.

Sometimes we even see it as cruel ... but like an animal caught in a trap that might need the trap compressed a bit, causing momentary pain, in order to be ultimately freed and live - such is our life on thus earth compared to our preparation for eternity.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus made His existence extremely obvious, and plenty of people still hated Him. There are people who claim to have seen the Holy Fire on Easter.

The majority of people have never seen Jesus or the Holy Fire. Why doesn't God reveal Himself to everyone and tell us who has the correct interpretation of scripture and so on?

I don’t presume to know the will or plan of God but here is one possibility. If the world had no doubt of God’s existence would we choose to obey out of love or fear? If we obey out of love it is more of a choice if we obey out of fear it is because we have no choice. Perhaps God wants us to choose to love Him instead of being forced to fear Him.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My priest said that if God made His presence more obvious, it would impact our free will decision to follow Him due to His power. God wants us to seek Him and love Him back instead of just being afraid all the time.

that is one of the reasons folks say He doesn't.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,263.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jesus made His existence extremely obvious, and plenty of people still hated Him. There are people who claim to have seen the Holy Fire on Easter.

The majority of people have never seen Jesus or the Holy Fire. Why doesn't God reveal Himself to everyone and tell us who has the correct interpretation of scripture and so on?
You might like this short video. I'm not sure I endorse it 100%, but there may be some truth to it.

Upvote 0