Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
It seems like whenever I don't feel the best and my mind is clouded I start having unwanted thoughts that I could lose my salvation because I think about what if I turned away from Christ and I just didn't care anymore. That thought really scares me because I LOVE Him and I don't ever want to do that!! I love Him SO much!!! :(

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thoughts like this are designed by the devil to try to draw you away from salvation. The devil is just attacking you in your thoughts. You need to ignore these thoughts when they come, or fight back at them with the word of God.

You can not loose your salvation easily. The bible tells us that even if we sin we have a advocate with the father Jesus, who speaks in our defence.

1Jn 2:1-2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And to understand the cross it covers our whole life time of failings, and sins.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

Any time in your life where you seek to turn to God, He will be there for you.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A question that could be asked to yourself is simple as this ' Where does my heart lay ?' A simple contrast of where a heart could lay is either with the darkness of night, or the light of the day.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Thoughts like this are designed by the devil to try to draw you away from salvation. The devil is just attacking you in your thoughts. You need to ignore these thoughts when they come, or fight back at them with the word of God.

You can not loose your salvation easily. The bible tells us that even if we sin we have a advocate with the father Jesus, who speaks in our defence.

1Jn 2:1-2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And to understand the cross it covers our whole life time of failings, and sins.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

Any time in your life where you seek to turn to God, He will be there for you.

I don't actually want to turn away from Jesus though,.. I just keep hearing little voices telling me that it could happen. I could do it anytime I wanted to even though I NEVER want to!!

• Prayers
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
A question that could be asked to yourself is simple as this ' Where does my heart lay ?' A simple contrast of where a heart could lay is either with the darkness of night, or the light of the day.

If my heart didn't lay with Jesus why would I be so scared of losing my eternal salvation with Him? I'm sort of worried that these thoughts I have on and off would cause that to happen. :(

• Prayers
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rose2020, Sometimes our self can be our own worst enemy. Some say it's satan producing these thoughts, but it seems today we all have thoughts in our head that come from our own voice that comes from us.

My only advice would be Rose2020, as long as you are self aware of when the thoughts of losing salvation comes to your mind, the ability to talk back these false ideas because of reassurance that of what you have heard through your life about how believing in God, and Yeshua Christ that brings us salvation is true, should be possible.

• Winner
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Without me being repetitious on similar posts... you gotta trust the Lord by...trusting the Lord. Take a deep breath, he is in your boat, so the boat will float!

[Pro 3:5-6 NIV] 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

[Mat 8:23 NIV] 23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing you can do to make Jesus love you more, and there is nothing you can do to make Him love you less. Every ounce of your being is loved infinitely and perfectly by Him. Even if you turned away from Him, it would not stop Him from loving you.

The love of Christ is extremely long suffering. St Julian of Norwich expressed it beautifully in her book "Revelations of Divine Love".

"How should I not do all that I can for love of you? For doing so does not grieve me, since I would die for love of you so often with no concern for my bitter pain"

Whenever our God sees a child of His on the horizon, His heart is quickened and His tender arms reach out to embrace them with his infinite love and mercy.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It seems like whenever I don't feel the best and my mind is clouded I start having unwanted thoughts that I could lose my salvation because I think about what if I turned away from Christ and I just didn't care anymore. That thought really scares me because I LOVE Him and I don't ever want to do that!! I love Him SO much!!! :(

When you are born again, you literally become a new creation. There's is no new going back to being 'unsaved'. As for your feelings, do your best to take every thought captive, as we are instructed to do.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
There is nothing you can do to make Jesus love you more, and there is nothing you can do to make Him love you less. Every ounce of your being is loved infinitely and perfectly by Him. Even if you turned away from Him, it would not stop Him from loving you.

The love of Christ is extremely long suffering. St Julian of Norwich expressed it beautifully in her book "Revelations of Divine Love".

"How should I not do all that I can for love of you? For doing so does not grieve me, since I would die for love of you so often with no concern for my bitter pain"

Whenever our God sees a child of His on the horizon, His heart is quickened and His tender arms reach out to embrace them with his infinite love and mercy.

Like I said though I don't want to turn away from Him,.. just the thought of it brings tears to my eyes. :'( (The devil is probably just trying to get me upset again though.)

When you are born again, you literally become a new creation. There's is no new going back to being 'unsaved'. As for your feelings, do your best to take every thought captive, as we are instructed to do.

I know what captive means, but I don't know what it means in that context. :/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi Rose2020, it's really hard isn't it, all these thoughts that come at us. The thoughts scare you. But stand on the solid Word.
Jesus is our
strong foundation. The enemy prowls
around. But as you have said you love our Lord Jesus Christ. You do care. You are a new creation. You are hidden in Christ. Simple faith. Keep your eyes fixed on Him. I know it's easy to say all this but when thoughts come it's not easy. But I think it's then resting on the truth of the Word. I've probably repeated similar things to others. But it's so nice how the body can support each other, hopefully encourage you to keep on.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I always eat a candy bar when I feel that way. :D Fixes me right up. Satan loves low blood sugar. :)

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I always eat a candy bar when I feel that way. :D Fixes me right up. Satan loves low blood sugar. :)

Lol thanks for the laugh, but I always feel like I might lose my salvation if I don't think, act, or speak a certain way,.. but that's just ridiculous thoughts since Christ already paid the penalty for me as much as He paid it for everyone else. I certainly don't deserve it and that's probably why I love Him so much. A lot of people turned their backs on me but He never did which is another reason. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Lol thanks for the laugh, but I always feel like I might lose my salvation if I don't think, act, or speak a certain way,.. but that's just ridiculous thoughts since Christ already paid the penalty for me as much as He paid it for everyone else. I certainly don't deserve it and that's probably why I love Him so much. A lot of people turned their backs on me but He never did which is another reason. :)
The Lord did not create you to see you fail. He loves you. Keep trusting in Him, keeping walking with Him, and you will not go wrong.
He has plans to prosper you, not to harm you, and to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
The Lord did not create you to see you fail. He loves you. Keep trusting in Him, keeping walking with Him, and you will not go wrong.
He has plans to prosper you, not to harm you, and to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

I guess that's my own fault for being too hard on myself and trying to be a perfectionist. My answer of why I want to go to Heaven so much is the same every time,.. sure I want to see my dearly departed loved ones,.. but I want to be in the arms of my Savior more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So here is the deal, it's not the thoughts but what you do with them ! Scripture says to take them captive and it says to cast them down. It doesn't say you won't have them. And it takes a decided action, it doesn't happen by itself, you have to literally decide to do that. Of course when we are tired or weak or sick then it takes all the more deliberate input. Our enemy loves to kick us when we are down and he hates Jesus Christ. Satanic spirits are perfectly capable of sending in fiery darts of doubt.

Ok,this may be coming internally from yourself or projections from the enemy. Cast them down in the name of Jesus, remove them. Get deeper into His word, take on a bible study. Your sword of defense is the word of God.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
So here is the deal, it's not the thoughts but what you do with them ! Scripture says to take them captive and it says to cast them down. It doesn't say you won't have them. And it takes a decided action, it doesn't happen by itself, you have to literally decide to do that. Of course when we are tired or weak or sick then it takes all the more deliberate input. Our enemy loves to kick us when we are down and he hates Jesus Christ. Satanic spirits are perfectly capable of sending in fiery darts of doubt.

Ok,this may be coming internally from yourself or projections from the enemy. Cast them down in the name of Jesus, remove them. Get deeper into His word, take on a bible study.

That brings up the question why does Satan hate Jesus so much? He was created to be the most beautiful angel in Heaven,.. does it say in the Bible why he turned bad?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That brings up the question why does Satan hate Jesus so much? He was created to be the most beautiful angel in Heaven,.. does it say in the Bible why he turned bad?
Don't dwell on him, dwell on the Savior from him.

He was cast down because he believed he could do God's job. He hates Jesus because he has one purpose, to rob kill and destroy so he can take anyone he can get to hell with him. He knows he is a goner. That includes you and it includes me that he wants to take with him.. But Jesus derails his efforts coming and offering eternal life with the God he hates. You need to understand that we live in a spiritual battle, it's not metaphor , it's real. So when you're down you're weak. Put on the armor of salvation. Because while Satan and his minions can't have those who came to Christ, the next best thing is to ruin their walk and it all starts with a little thread of doubt .

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like I said though I don't want to turn away from Him,.. just the thought of it brings tears to my eyes. :'( (The devil is probably just trying to get me upset again though.)

I know what captive means, but I don't know what it means in that context. :/

I think it seems to mean in the sense of a battle. Taking the thoughts prisoner in a way, subduing them bringing them under control. I was just checking out the Greek! Then bringing your thoughts in obedience to Christ. Like in submitting to Him. Maybe that means again knowing the truth in the Word. Trust the Word, not your thoughts. Subdue the thoughts I guess?

Upvote 0