Why does it seem Feminism,Lesbianism and Androphobia go hand in hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel_Prix

Oct 22, 2022
Chicago
✟18,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys,
This is a connection that many people fail to account to. Once you start going the Feminist route that leads to an excessive identification with one's own gender. To the point where some women in a feminist society will only interact with women have have relationships with them as opposed to men. Thereby, choosing the "lesbian lifestyle."

Moreover, many of those women have Androphobia, where they see men as bad, and also they don't want to have anything to do with Straight men. This Androphobia is spread out to the rest of society where men are portrayed as evil, dangerous or stupid.

Unlike what some Liberals think that women in such societies would create, "Sexual Abundance" towards them. Its the opposite, those societies have, "Sexual Scarcity" hence the "Incel Phenomenon." Where some women in those "fear men" and it causes many guy/incels to have no relationships..etc.

Now, I'm not identifying with anyone and saying, "Incels are justified" rather I'm pointing it out, that it seems that in such a society where gender relations are poor something along those lines would happen.

What do you guys think?

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hey guys,
This is a connection that many people fail to account to. Once you start going the Feminist route that leads to an excessive identification with one's own gender. To the point where some women in a feminist society will only interact with women have have relationships with them as opposed to men. Thereby, choosing the "lesbian lifestyle."

Moreover, many of those women have Androphobia, where they see men as bad, and also they don't want to have anything to do with Straight men. This Androphobia is spread out to the rest of society where men are portrayed as evil, dangerous or stupid.

Unlike what some Liberals think that women in such societies would create, "Sexual Abundance" towards them. Its the opposite, those societies have, "Sexual Scarcity" hence the "Incel Phenomenon." Where some women in those "fear men" and it causes many guy/incels to have no relationships..etc.

Now, I'm not identifying with anyone and saying, "Incels are justified" rather I'm pointing it out, that it seems that in such a society where gender relations are poor something along those lines would happen.

What do you guys think?
If guys can't attract women and then blame the choices that women make they are idiots and almost always incels or MGTOW losers.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys,

What do you guys think?
I think that men who find themselves without relationships should take a good look at themselves and figure out what women want that they aren’t providing.

Marcel_Prix

Oct 22, 2022
Chicago
✟18,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think guys, that's the problem in American Society. People blame those who are not successful as its entirely their fault for their lack of success. More so men who neither right wingers nor left wingers have any empathy towards. When in fact there are factors at play that make it so. For instance, if you live in a culture that is showered with androphobia, lesbianism and one night stands, then its unsurprising that it'll be very hard for you to succeed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I think guys, that's the problem in American Society. People blame those who are not successful as its entirely their fault for their lack of success.

I'm sorry, but who else's fault would it be? "Society" in general isn't single; individual people are.

More so men who neither right wingers nor left wingers have not empathy towards.

What?

When in fact there are factors at play that make it so. For instance, if you live in a culture that is showered with androphobia, lesbianism and one night stands, then its unsurprising that it'll be very hard for you to succeed.

I'm just one guy, but I don't want to attract man-hating lesbians who are only interested in one-night stands to begin with, so this is no big loss.

This idea of yours needs a few more minutes in the oven, OP.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

What do you guys think?
It's safe to say that lesbianism embraces the feminist movement however , it is not the same to say feminism leads one to lesbianism for the simple fact that there are plenty of men who also support the feminist movement because equal rights is for all.
Blessings.

Feminist
A feminist is someone who supports equal rights for women.
If you believe that women should have the same political, social, and economic rights as men, you are a feminist. It has absolutely nothing to do with putting down men or boys in order to elevate the status of women. The word feminist comes from feminism, which originally meant simply "being feminine," or "being a woman," but gained the meaning "advocacy of women's rights" in the late 1800s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
When in fact there are factors at play that make it so. For instance, if you live in a culture that is showered with androphobia, lesbianism and one night stands, then its unsurprising that it'll be very hard for you to succeed.
I dunno man. Millions of guys grow up in that kind of society and they have no trouble getting on with all kinds of women.

You can't really complain when women don't want you: that's about you and you behaviour.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
...there are plenty of men who also support the feminist movement because equal rights is for all.
In the early 2000's, this definition of men was redefinitioned as "soy boys".
The word feminist comes from feminism, which originally meant simply "being feminine," or "being a woman," but gained the meaning "advocacy of women's rights" in the late 1800s.
Have you ever noticed that, when words gain meaning they lose meaning?
If you were a man I would point out your typo, but I don't want to be accused of mansplaining. In other words, certain women have prohibited me from treating you as an equal.

YahuahSaves
YahuahSaves
Love the statement under your name:
"Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding". It doesn't seem to line up with your response though.

"In other words, certain women have prohibited me from treating you as an equal".

What have certain women got to do with all women? Putting all the eggs in one basket with that comment.
Upvote 0
C
Chesterton
The certain women are the ones whose voices are heard in, and championed by. mass media, and therefore exercise greater control over the culture.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the early 2000's, this definition of men was redefinitioned as "soy boys".

Have you ever noticed that, when words gain meaning they lose meaning?

If you were a man I would point out your typo, but I don't want to be accused of mansplaining. In other words, certain women have prohibited me from treating you as an equal.
Thanks for pointing out my typo! Corrected.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think guys, that's the problem in American Society. People blame those who are not successful as its entirely their fault for their lack of success. More so men who neither right wingers nor left wingers have not empathy towards. When in fact there are factors at play that make it so. For instance, if you live in a culture that is showered with androphobia, lesbianism and one night stands, then its unsurprising that it'll be very hard for you to succeed.
It’s not hard though. Women are more independent but that should not be a roadblock either. Be responsible. Be kind. Be affectionate. Be fun to hang around with. Stay away from the lesbians- they aren’t interested obviously.

Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,545.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It’s not hard though. Women are more independent but that should not be a roadblock either. Be responsible. Be kind. Be affectionate. Be fun to hang around with. Stay away from the lesbians- they aren’t interested obviously.

Why stay away from lesbians? I've known many who are wonderful, caring people who are interested in other decent people. Many are very fun to hang around with.

I'm pretty sure your post is in reference to actively hunting for a sexual relationship. But it still serves to point out that far too many males see women as primarily if not exclusively of value only as sex objects. The vast majority of women to not respond well to being seen that way and frankly I do not blame them in the least for that.

Upvote 0

Marcel_Prix

Oct 22, 2022
Chicago
✟18,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I dunno man. Millions of guys grow up in that kind of society and they have no trouble getting on with all kinds of women.

You can't really complain when women don't want you: that's about you and you behaviour.

If this where true though. Why are there so many groups online who disagree? There's a whole "manosphere" online. If this were just a few odd people, then none of this ideas would carry any weight. Then why so many different groups from PUA, MGTOW, TRP...etc.

I would like to add that I'm not talking about me. But about groups of people. I hope we don't personalize this since it would lead to "ad-hominem"

• Agree
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If this where true though. Why are there so many groups online who disagree? There's a whole "manosphere" online. If this were just a few odd people, then none of this ideas would carry any weight. Then why so many different groups from PUA, MGTOW, TRP...etc.

I would like to add that I'm not talking about me. But about groups of people. I hope we don't personalize this since it would lead to "ad-hominem"
Social spaces like the online “manosphere” exist because the behaviors and beliefs men are encouraged to value in themselves and other men are the same ones stunting their emotional development, causing deep anxiety around the possibility of vulnerability and intimacy. These spaces serve as “comfort food” reassuring lonely men that there’s nothing wrong with the way they think, it’s the women who are evil. Meanwhile a significant percentage of men find themselves physically unable to cry. Men are compliment-starved, touch-starved, and attention-starved, valued only for their immediate usefulness and never for their dignity as a person. And what is their response? Lean further into it. Because the difficult work of unpacking the trauma and isolation inherent to growing up “boy” doesn’t come as easily as what they’ve trained all their lives to do: ignore the pain and keep going.

Their loneliness is a societal failure, yes, but not because the women have decided to stand up against gender norms. It’s because the men haven’t.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

The reason is because it is easier to group ruminate on the internets than it is to actually put a bit of effort into attracting women.

The manospher is a bunch of whiny sad sacs who refuse to learn how to function in a modern social world.

Moaning about a problem never fixed it. As the late 20th Century poet philosopher Martin Gore once wrote in his seminal missive to the masses ‘Judas’: “don’t just stand there and shout it; do something about it”.

Having a sense of humour helps: wearing a fedora and saying m’lady as you struggle to open a door does not.

Reactions: gaara4158
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marcel_Prix

Oct 22, 2022
Chicago
✟18,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Social spaces like the online “manosphere” exist because the behaviors and beliefs men are encouraged to value in themselves and other men are the same ones stunting their emotional development, causing deep anxiety around the possibility of vulnerability and intimacy. These spaces serve as “comfort food” reassuring lonely men that there’s nothing wrong with the way they think, it’s the women who are evil. Meanwhile a significant percentage of men find themselves physically unable to cry. Men are compliment-starved, touch-starved, and attention-starved, valued only for their immediate usefulness and never for their dignity as a person. And what is their response? Lean further into it. Because the difficult work of unpacking the trauma and isolation inherent to growing up “boy” doesn’t come as easily as what they’ve trained all their lives to do: ignore the pain and keep going.

Their loneliness is a societal failure, yes, but not because the women have decided to stand up against gender norms. It’s because the men haven’t.

I do believe it is a Societal Failure. We can both agree with this part.

What I would like to expand however, is a comparison. You have two countries South Korea and America. A "Principle based society" and a "Practical based Society."

South Korea, "Practical based" society: They introduce some feminist laws and ideology into their country. They see its causing Social Conflict between the genders, loneliness in their male population and other ills, they are willing to talk about it, criticize feminism and even a politician gets elected with an anti-feminist platform. Which is voted by men and some women.

America, a "Principle Based" society": They introduce some feminists laws and ideology into their country. They see it causing Social Conflict between the gender, loneliness in their male population and other ills. They won't talk about it and "movements" like "manosphere" they "supress" them underground. If anyone speaks openly about their disagreement with ideas and policies they are tagged "hateful" and its "their fault" even if no one is criticizing individuals but rather ideas, ideologies and policies.

• Winner
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is the assumption that feminism is the cause of male loneliness? If women are increasingly happier not paired with men then there must be something going on with men that is unattractive.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"Feminism stole my girlfriend" doesn't require you to do anything other than claim that.

"I'm probably a woman-repellent for reasons XYZ" means you've got to identify those reasons, admit they're the actual cause of your situation, and do something about them to the extent that you can.

That's why I don't buy all this crying from the 'incels' or the 'manosphere', personally. I can guarantee I'm no matinee idol or lothario, and yet I've never been drawn to any ideology like that because I know from even the admittedly sporadic success I've had with women that it's not impossible to find someone to be with, and when that's not happening it's not the result of some kind of feminist mind control or plot or whatever. It just takes time, patience, and dedication to bettering yourself and actually looking for someone who suits you and who you believe that you suit (and willingness to accept it and move the heck on if it turns out you're wrong about that).

Whether you're dealing with a society with a lot of feminist ideology or not a lot of it, you're still you. I'm sure there are tons of lonely men in South Korea or whatever other "practical-based" society you can think of, OP. It probably has very little to do with a cultural reticence or openness to criticizing feminism. Modern life in many societies is just alienating and atomizing. Heck, that's probably a big reason most of us are on this message board, whether we recognize it or not. That's not something to get mad at feminists in particular for. That's part of the human condition. The first man was alone, too, until God made a partner for him. Granted I don't know anything about the status of feminism in the Garden... :D

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do believe it is a Societal Failure. We can both agree with this part.

What I would like to expand however, is a comparison. You have two countries South Korea and America. A "Principle based society" and a "Practical based Society."

South Korea, "Practical based" society: They introduce some feminist laws and ideology into their country. They see its causing Social Conflict between the genders, loneliness in their male population and other ills, they are willing to talk about it, criticize feminism and even a politician gets elected with an anti-feminist platform. Which is voted by men and some women.

America, a "Principle Based" society": They introduce some feminists laws and ideology into their country. They see it causing Social Conflict between the gender, loneliness in their male population and other ills. They won't talk about it and "movements" like "manosphere" they "supress" them underground. If anyone speaks openly about their disagreement with ideas and policies they are tagged "hateful" and its "their fault" even if no one is criticizing individuals but rather ideas, ideologies and policies.
Social conflict between the genders predates even the first wave feminist movement in the US. I do not see a causal relationship between feminism and the social ills you describe nor do I see a conspiracy to protect feminist “ideology” in the US from criticism. It’s certainly part of the narrative pushed by reactionary and conservative TV pundits, but I don’t see it borne out in reality. Do you have evidence?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys,

I fail to see how feminism leads women into choosing the "lesbian lifestyle". Lesbians might be more drawn to feminism, but I think you're mixing up causal factors.

Androphobia? Misandry? I am someone who has a very negative opinion about feminism, yet I have never taken the idea that feminists actually hate men very seriously. Most feminist women are heterosexual. They like men, they're attracted to men. I do agree with you that the idea that men are dangerous, and evil is very prominent in feminist thought. Still.. I do not see this as coming from a heart of hate, but simply many modern women finding modern men boring.

A lot of negative feminist rhetoric about men in my eyes is largely an attempt by women to find men more psychologically appealing... to spice us up.

Bob from IT who likes to talk about his dog and the latest Call of Duty game, might be a little more interesting with the backdrop in a woman's mind that he might just someday snap and drag her into the employee bathroom against her will.

While statistically unlikely, I do think a lot of feminist women find it fun to toy with these fears. Most diehard feminist women I have interacted with strike me as a particularly masochistic/hyper feminine lot. Who invertedly scare other women into fearing men more than they should. I know a few women who used to be into the feminist lifestyle, who say that it was a healing process to shed away from such thinking. Even worse, some feeling pressured by their female therapists to not heal from things like being raped. That to some extent they should always stay in that traumatized mindset. Like I said before, I harbor very negative opinions about feminism and a real talk about this subject will go into very dark subject matters.

I think a major issue is that women are increasingly becoming more educated than men. A mix of blue-collar men and professional women is not going to mesh well. It is what it is though. As an egalitarian who prefers a woman who works, I certainly don't want to turn back the clock and force women into the kitchen.

What do you guys think?

Like feminism, I think many people in the incel community are phony. I've lurked in those circles in the past, and many of these "incels" actually have sex and women interested in them. Most of the complaints seem to stem from jealousy with the "Chads" who attract a lot of attention from women. Not that they don't actually get any.

Masochism is a theme I've noticed in incel circles as well. There are actual fetishes revolving around being ignored and rejected by women. Judging by some of the memes and discussions in that community, I'd say part of the population there leans that way. While I never identified as an incel myself, I do find it addicting to talk about how women do not like short men (as a short man myself). As someone who has an ignored/rejected kink myself.. I know such mindsets are real, and there is no.. no way a community like inceldom hasn't been infiltrated by such men.

In the past I have claimed and complained that I couldn't get a woman before, it was a flat out lie. I don't view myself as a Chad, but many people think I have very good facial aesthetics, so I've never had an issue getting cute women. I was just drawn to an aspect of me that was a flaw masculinity wise and blew it out of proportion. I've since tried to shy away from such thinking, but I do understand it.. and know it's a factor for at least some "incels".

I've also noticed a lot of racial issues from incel communities. A lot of black male on black female (and vice vera) hate. East Asian men with their high neotenous features, complaining about not being viewed as masculine. As a white man, I cannot relate to my race being a real hinderance, but I do find some of the discussions between those sub-communities interesting and eye opening.

When one talks about incels.. I don't really think of a singular thing... but a hodgepodge of interesting characters and dynamics. I think a lot of what we see about incels in mainstream media is pretty shallow and tainted by their own personal politics.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.