Why does God not respond if I say, "Hi God"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediaeval

baptizatus sum
Sep 24, 2012
✟29,873.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is necessary for man's spiritual development that he should seek God, though He is not far from any of us. To speak directly to us before we were ready might be too overwhelming, equivalent to force. However, God has spoken to us through various means, nature, other people, sacred Scripture, and most of all, through Christ.

"This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟828,082.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On many occasions, I have said, "Hi God" or have attempted to communicate with him in a similar manner. Never have I heard or received any response. Why would a loving god not respond?
Have you ever thought about; what you might think and feel if you unquestionably knew God did respond directly to you?

Why would you feel He responded to you in this way and not anyone else for the last 2000 years in that way?

Would this not make you feel special in a prideful way, could you control your pride?

Would you feel overwhelmed with gratitude that you would become a modern day Paul (read Acts) or would it not have much of an impact on how you would go about trying to change the lives of others?

Would you be upset with this knowledge questioning: “why not earlier in my life”, “why has God not done this for everyone”, “now what does God want”, “Since I know, why not do_______?”

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
On many occasions, I have said, "Hi God" or have attempted to communicate with him in a similar manner. Never have I heard or received any response. Why would a loving god not respond?

Akureyi,
God looks to the heart of every one. He most definitely hears you, and He knows that you are saying, "Hi God". But God says that He will answer the prayers of those who are truly seeking him out of a deep desire to know him. If you are saying 'hi' just to test God and see if He will show you a sign by answering you audibly, then you could yell 'hi God' on the mountaintops, and you will not receive an answer.

God doesn't play games. He is serious about your soul; your salvation; your life, health, and happiness.

He will, however answer you when you truly seek him with meekness, genuineness, and submission - when you are seeking him with your heart and not your mind.

Isaiah 44:3 says, “I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground.”

The heart must be open to the Spirit’s influence, or God’s blessing cannot be received. One cannot pour water into a cup that is already full.

Jeremiah 29:10-14

" . . . I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. 11. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12. In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 14. .I will be found by you,” says the Lord. . .

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 11:6 states that one who wants to draw close to God must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek him.

Upvote 0
A

Akureyri

It is necessary for man's spiritual development that he should seek God, though He is not far from any of us. To speak directly to us before we were ready might be too overwhelming, equivalent to force. However, God has spoken to us through various means, nature, other people, sacred Scripture, and most of all, through Christ.

This sounds like a convenient excuse for the fact that there is no objective evidence of a god.

Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

two thumbs up. nice post, buddy.

Upvote 0
A

Akureyri

Have you ever thought about; what you might think and feel if you unquestionably knew God did respond directly to you?
That would be very interesting. I would do the best I could to document it and verify its authenticity, upon which I would bring this data to scientists.

Why would you feel He responded to you in this way and not anyone else for the last 2000 years in that way?
If he is real, then I'd ask him. Do you not realize how preposterously stupid it would be for someone who wants me to believe he exists to do absolutely nothing to get me to believe he exists - especially when he's capable of doing anything?

Would this not make you feel special in a prideful way, could you control your pride?
Would you feel overwhelmed with gratitude that you would become a modern day Paul (read Acts) or would it not have much of an impact on how you would go about trying to change the lives of others?
Other than my efforts to take this experience to scientists for them to research it, there would probably be little or no impact on my life.

Would you be upset with this knowledge questioning: “why not earlier in my life”, “why has God not done this for everyone”, “now what does God want”, “Since I know, why not do_______?”
Actions speak louder than words. If God is real, can do anything and knows everything, it would follow that since he doesn't show to me that he's real, that he is disinterested in whether or not I believe he exists. Sounds like an apathetic god to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
he wants you to search.. and well you search you'll find what God feels is needed to meet and understand him. You can talk down on God all you want.. but you better know that he's not some joker in the sky. He is firm in his requirements.. there's no ifs ands or buts. he decides how things are.. and once you're living with the Holy Spirit, those things aren't as unconquerable as the unsaved would have you believe. Yes, once you find God you'll be tested.. but once you go hard, once you get going, you'll find his grace unravel. To live under his mercy and under his rule is the situation we're currently under, whether you like it or not.

Upvote 0

MLEN

Aug 4, 2009
✟8,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Akureyri,

The Bible tells us that the way to the Father (God) is through his Son Jesus Christ. If you are truly sincere about wanting to hear God's voice by surrendering your life to him through Jesus Christ, he will answer you. The Bible also tells us that God's ways are so much higher than ours. Therefore, he knows the true intent of your heart, which you cannot hide from him. He wants you to reach out to him with a heart that genuinely wants to be in a relationship with him. If that is truly what you seek in your heart when you call on him, then he will not deny you.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟828,082.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That would be very interesting. I would do the best I could to document it and verify its authenticity, upon which I would bring this data to scientists.

If he is real, then I'd ask him. Do you not realize how preposterously stupid it would be for someone who wants me to believe he exists to do absolutely nothing to get me to believe he exists - especially when he's capable of doing anything?

Other than my efforts to take this experience to scientists for them to research it, there would probably be little or no impact on my life.

Actions speak louder than words. If God is real, can do anything and knows everything, it would follow that since he doesn't show to me that he's real, that he is disinterested in whether or not I believe he exists. Sounds like an apathetic god to me.
God is extremely interest in what you think and do, but God is not interested in your acknowledging His existence with no result, as you say: “no impact on my life”.

God does not “want you to have knowledge of his existence” (God does not have needs like that), but desires you seek His help. God is in the business of unselfishly and unconditionally helping others, but will not force Himself on anyone that does not want God’s help.

From your comments it actually sound like you’re having “knowledge of God’s existence” would upset you more than improve you?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why should He? Yes, He's a loving God, which is why He hasn't burned you to ash for your rebellious and sinful living, but He isn't some dude on the street you can accost at your whim, either. God sits on His heavenly throne either as your wrathful Judge or your gracious Heavenly Father. At the moment, He is your Judge and the only communication He is interested in having with you is one where you humbly admit to Him that you are the sinner He says you are and accept by faith His generous gift of salvation in Christ Jesus. Until you do that, God is deaf to your flip "Hellos":

Isaiah 59:2
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.

If you really want to interact with God, it will only be on His terms, not yours. You are the inferior in a relationship with your Maker and this means that you do not call the shots insofar as relating with Him goes.

And God is not gnawing His nails hoping against hope that you might deign to acknowledge Him. He doesn't need a single one of us. If we all disappeared in the next moment, He would remain wholly undiminished and perfect. So don't go thinking that God's silence is a mark of His impotence or absence. It is the appropriate aloofness of a holy Judge so far beyond your comprehension in knowledge, power and substance that He beggars description. He would be your Friend and Father, and One who "sticks closer than a brother," but only when you have submitted yourself to Him in repentance and acceptance of His Son.

Selah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

because in your heart you're testing him.. think about the big bang and how stupid that sounds.. go to church with that maybe attitude.. open your heart.. when i was saved there was no testing, and he showed up.. BING BADDABOOM. just approach it differently, if you understand that.

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your right that He seemslike an apathetic God as He probably does with a lot of Christians. I often wonder why we don't ask that very question more often to ourselves,as to WHY doesn't He respond in some more tangible way,that might not be attributed to mere good luck or happenstance? Of course there are many examples of this occurring,but only that which the believer notices.
So therein lies the problem,that God has pre-chosen to act in this way with humanity,unfortunately to the detriment of the unbeliever,if he so chooses to remain.
I personally choose to believe that He may speak in a manner/language that I couldn't understand on a human level.

But maybe God is simply waiting for you/me to simply ask Him to "speak" to us in any way He so chooses,that might convince us it can only be Him. I sort of asked this years ago,and to say He responded would be a bit of an understatement..haha!
In fact that "hi" is now in the form of what He shows me everyday in a way so profound no one would or could believe me.(As far as i know?)
Maybe He has chosen me for this,but that doesn't mean He won't do the same to a certain degree for a well-meaning and sincere atheist who is desperate for an answer. Maybe it will come as a sign or omen,but probably something associated only with you personally so there can be no mistake.
I wish you luck,but without the happenstances!

Upvote 0
A

Akureyri

Hello Akureyri,

The Bible tells us that the way to the Father (God) is through his Son Jesus Christ. If you are truly sincere about wanting to hear God's voice by surrendering your life to him through Jesus Christ, he will answer you. The Bible also tells us that God's ways are so much higher than ours. Therefore, he knows the true intent of your heart, which you cannot hide from him. He wants you to reach out to him with a heart that genuinely wants to be in a relationship with him. If that is truly what you seek in your heart when you call on him, then he will not deny you.
Does God ever manifest himself in reality?

Have you ever observed God doing anything quantifiable?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.