Why does God make it so hard to worship?

washedagain

Resting in the Palm of His Hand
Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea. I bet I can guess your going to tell me its Christianity right? :D I'm sorry but to me, they all seem the same. This is a problem. Why does not God fix it?

No, I am not going to tell you that. By your answer, "I have no idea" and then proceed to tell me... "...but to me, they all seem the same." tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

It cannot be both, "I have no idea" and "they all SEEM the same."

I am suggesting that you research. Maybe just maybe God has you in this thread because he wants you to know Him.

By the way, God has fixed it, He had His only begotten Son Die for you.

All these religions that you have presented are the same but one....

All these religions that you presented is man trying to reach God or higher consciousness/nirvana except one.

Only one religion that you have presented is God reaching man.

It isn't a problem at all...... truth is not relative. Truth is absolute. Doesn't it seem interesting that the one religion is not like the others?Why is that?

Good question to examine.

I am enjoying conversing with you.

Have a fantastic day!

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I'f there are a bunch of people eating different fruits, and a new person comes to the market. How can he eat the right one if everyone is telling him theirs is the best? And there is no real way for him to find out before hand, without eating one?
Sorry Birthew, I don't understand the analogy.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey sorry I'll try again :D.

How can someone who doesn't know what to believe decide what to believe without the influence from a religion creating bias.
Excellent question. I don't know that I have the answer to that. I believe that there can only be one truth, but that one truth can probably not be fully comprehended from one vantage point or even by one brain. This is why the Holy Spirit is called "The Spirit of Truth" in Christianity, because when people are speaking in the Holy Spirit, everything they say is considered truth. That is how prophets can make statements about what the future holds because it is the Holy Spirit who is speaking through them.

I would encourage you to begin with Jesus and look at how He split history into those who honor Him and those who don't, maybe investigate the war that happened after His ascension and the war that has been going on ever since to try and blind people to the truth, that is to turn people away from the Holy Spirit.

You might ask "why would someone want to blind us to the truth?", that is an excellent question. It's all about greed. Greed for money and power, to control society. Notice that religion is intended to provide answers to our greatest questions and to fight wars in the name of God. Notice what this is? Brainwashing. Religions are industries for brainwashing the masses! Jesus knew this, but He also saw the hypocrisy of those who taught one thing and did another, you might see that in present day religions who are only interested in controlling people's thoughts.

Well Jesus came to restore the one-on-one relationship we can have with God, that is the same relationship that Abraham and all the priests and prophets have had - The Holy Spirit! That is, free thinking! That is, the opposite of what (most) contemporary religion teaches!

Let's investigate an example:

Matthew 15
The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
Notice that instead of healing her daughter as soon as she asked Him, He forced her to think for herself "why do I deserve His miracle". Jesus has the ability to make us think in ways we never thought before. Take this for another example:
Parable of the Evil Farmers

33 “Now listen to another story. A certain landowner planted a vineyard, built a wall around it, dug a pit for pressing out the grape juice, and built a lookout tower. Then he leased the vineyard to tenant farmers and moved to another country. 34 At the time of the grape harvest, he sent his servants to collect his share of the crop. 35 But the farmers grabbed his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. 36 So the landowner sent a larger group of his servants to collect for him, but the results were the same.
37 “Finally, the owner sent his son, thinking, ‘Surely they will respect my son.’

38 “But when the tenant farmers saw his son coming, they said to one another, ‘Here comes the heir to this estate. Come on, let’s kill him and get the estate for ourselves!’ 39 So they grabbed him, dragged him out of the vineyard, and murdered him.

40 “When the owner of the vineyard returns,” Jesus asked, “what do you think he will do to those farmers?”
Notice Jesus has given them something to think about. That is what He does! Now let's see how the religious leaders were thinking:
41 The religious leaders replied, “He will put the wicked men to a horrible death and lease the vineyard to others who will give him his share of the crop after each harvest.”
Does this sound familiar to some of the prophecy you've heard about Jesus' return? Notice that the religious leaders were all focused on money and profit, they weren't thinking of mercy and justice, they were not thinking like God thinks at all! These religious leaders were evil. Read now what Jesus said in response:
42 Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures?

‘The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord’s doing,
and it is wonderful to see.’

43 I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit. 44 Anyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on.[j]”

He is speaking about the Church that would be built in His name. This was a direct threat against evil leaders that the kingdom of God will be taken from them. Notice their response to this statement:
45 When the leading priests and Pharisees heard this parable, they realized he was telling the story against them—they were the wicked farmers. 46 They wanted to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowds, who considered Jesus to be a prophet.
They wanted to kill Him because of this! Anyone threatening to take a powerful person's position from them is going to come under threat. This is in a nutshell why Jesus was killed. Let me remind you of a verse that you might have overlooked:
38 “But when the tenant farmers saw his son coming, they said to one another, ‘Here comes the heir to this estate. Come on, let’s kill him and get the estate for ourselves!’
Keep in mind that the world has wanted to control the kingdom of God against Jesus' wishes, and the story has been 2,000 years in the making. This might explain why there is not a lot of secular records about Jesus, because people have been murdered and scrolls have been burned in this war over the world. I don't know what other religions have to say about Jesus, you might like to investigate that while you are considering them.

Let me know if this helps or raises more questions.

Upvote 0

Scott1979

Grateful
Jul 12, 2011
USA
✟8,735.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello Birthew. It seems to me that you do think God is real because you could have easily put Why does "ANY RELIGION YOU LISTED IN THE FIRST POST" make it hard to worship. Religion of any kind is based on belief and faith as much as actual evidence. You have to choose what you want to believe. I to am searching for God in my own right. I am learning that faith plays a HUGE part in that. You seem like you want hardcore rock solid evidence that God is it so to speak. Your not going to find it. The Bible tells all you need to know about God if you CHOOSE to belive he existed. It all boils down to you. Some people who respond in this thread firmly believe God exists and that his son walked this earth. They CHOOSE to believe in that. You have to decide because I strongly doubt anyone is going to give you a response that make you just go "bam!!! He is real".

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All you can do is put faith into words that were written centuries ago

I attempted religion with one argument-WAS THE TOMB EMPTY-I came to the conclusion, it was, so Christianity was it for me. I would issue others the same challenge-

It was not hard-but it does take a bit of faith as do all religions-so you were right from the beginning, now where w/you place yours?

Upvote 0

SpiritlMuse

Feb 4, 2011
Newaygo, Michigan
✟8,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Currently this is how I see religion at the moment:

2zs5elu.png

With all these religions, they all have something in common except one.

The commonality of all these religions save one, is that they are all man trying to reach God (or a higher consciousness or nirvana) man striving to attain something.....

There is one religion in that whole list that isn't about that at all... rather it is a religion that is presenting God to man. God SEEKING man and his heart.

Which sounds right to you and please tell me why?

Wow looking at your list of different religions I followed many of them seeking the right one and god. Oh what did I say.. I was seeking God and the right one. There was only one that was different and that is Christianity. I looked into it many different times.. kept thinking I needed to seek God, I was not good enough for God to be reaching out to me, never listening to God because God would not be speaking to me.. I should be speaking to God. I learned to shut my mouth, opened my mind and quietly listened for God after a very simple prayer .. I just asked to be able to here God and what God was saying to me. I also took advise of others to read the four Gospels in the Bible and then said my own little prayer to here him and it took a little time to learn how to quiet myself. This is my suggestion for you, it took me a long time, I pray it will not take you as long of a journey.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2011
✟7,620.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Currently this is how I see religion at the moment:

If there is a god why does he make it so hard for anybody to know which religion is his. There is no hard proof. All you can do is put faith into words that were written centuries ago. This is what I don't get, if God is all loving, caring and powerful why is it so unclear if he is even real. Seeing as all of mankind's eternal sole is at stake here, you think God would make it clear to us all.
I've been reading many posts on this site since joining, and this sums up how I feel. Why has god made it so hard for me to find him? Christians say that yours is the only true faith, and look at how many divisions there are among you! Recently I've felt that I needed to fill this void in my life where god/religion seemed that it would fit, but I must confess that I've been frustrated while browsing the discussions on this website. It seems that everyone has their own version of Christianity, which each person argues to the death is "the truth." I mean in all sincerity to ask, why, if god exists and if the god of Christianity is THE god, hasn't he made it easier to find Him in Christianity? And where is he today? Why isn't he leading mankind as he presumably did in ages past?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading many posts on this site since joining, and this sums up how I feel. Why has god made it so hard for me to find him? Christians say that yours is the only true faith, and look at how many divisions there are among you! Recently I've felt that I needed to fill this void in my life where god/religion seemed that it would fit, but I must confess that I've been frustrated while browsing the discussions on this website. It seems that everyone has their own version of Christianity, which each person argues to the death is "the truth." I mean in all sincerity to ask, why, if god exists and if the god of Christianity is THE god, hasn't he made it easier to find Him in Christianity? And where is he today? Why isn't he leading mankind as he presumably did in ages past?
What I've noticed is that everyone seems to be able to express a perspective of truth in a way that together it might give an overall perspective of the truth, but that's all it can ever be. We are discussing someone who is much more infinite than we can ever perceive. What you get is someone with a question that can't be sufficiently answered except by God Himself, then you get a whole bunch of believers who understand it and we all go about trying to express the aspects that we feel are most important and that fit well in a nice brief forum post. What you get is fragments of the whole truth and for someone who doesn't understand the truth it sometimes seems like we all contradict each other because we say different things. For an insider who understands the truth however, we can all agree pretty much on what each other says, at least that or we don't bother to quarrel over words. Quarrelling is a sin!
Galatians 5:20
idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,
Galatians 5:19-21 (in Context) Galatians 5 (Whole Chapter)
1 Timothy 3:3
He must not be a heavy drinker or be violent. He must be gentle, not quarrelsome, and not love money.
1 Timothy 3:2-4 (in Context) 1 Timothy 3 (Whole Chapter)
2 Timothy 2:24
A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people.
2 Timothy 2:23-25 (in Context) 2 Timothy 2 (Whole Chapter)
Titus 3:2
They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.
Titus 3:1-3 (in Context) Titus 3 (Whole Chapter)
Titus 3:9
Do not get involved in foolish discussions about spiritual pedigrees or in quarrels and fights about obedience to Jewish laws. These things are useless and a waste of time.
Titus 3:8-10 (in Context) Titus 3 (Whole Chapter)
James 4:1
[ Drawing Close to God ] What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you?
What you need is to understand the truth for yourself, then everything you read will make sense and you will identify for yourself the things that are right and wrong.

Upvote 0

washedagain

Resting in the Palm of His Hand
Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow looking at your list of different religions I followed many of them seeking the right one and god. Oh what did I say.. I was seeking God and the right one. There was only one that was different and that is Christianity. I looked into it many different times.. kept thinking I needed to seek God, I was not good enough for God to be reaching out to me, never listening to God because God would not be speaking to me.. I should be speaking to God. I learned to shut my mouth, opened my mind and quietly listened for God after a very simple prayer .. I just asked to be able to here God and what God was saying to me. I also took advise of others to read the four Gospels in the Bible and then said my own little prayer to here him and it took a little time to learn how to quiet myself. This is my suggestion for you, it took me a long time, I pray it will not take you as long of a journey.

I think you misunderstand me. I am a believer and follower in Jesus Christ... I was assisting another poster in thinking it through. Praise God you chose the REAL GOD... the God of the bible, Jesus Christ! May you be richly blessed in your walk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 21, 2011
✟7,620.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What I've noticed is that everyone seems to be able to express a perspective of truth in a way that together it might give an overall perspective of the truth, but that's all it can ever be. We are discussing someone who is much more infinite than we can ever perceive. What you get is someone with a question that can't be sufficiently answered except by God Himself, then you get a whole bunch of believers who understand it and we all go about trying to express the aspects that we feel are most important and that fit well in a nice brief forum post. What you get is fragments of the whole truth and for someone who doesn't understand the truth it sometimes seems like we all contradict each other because we say different things. For an insider who understands the truth however, we can all agree pretty much on what each other says, at least that or we don't bother to quarrel over words. Quarrelling is a sin!
What you need is to understand the truth for yourself, then everything you read will make sense and you will identify for yourself the things that are right and wrong.
I don't think that what I have seen here is people agreeing with what each other says. Sometimes they do. But there also seems to be disagreement about what I would say are fundamental points. That poses a problem for me. According to you, all I really need is to understand the truth, and then things will just fall into place. At the same time you say that only god can answer my questions sufficiently. Well I don't know if god is real! I'm trying to get some direction to find an answer to that question, but it is difficult to sort out what is true and what is not because there is no consensus. It is frustrating. If I take your word as truth, then I'm stuck in a cycle that I'll never get out of.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that what I have seen here is people agreeing with what each other says. Sometimes they do. But there also seems to be disagreement about what I would say are fundamental points. That poses a problem for me. According to you, all I really need is to understand the truth, and then things will just fall into place. At the same time you say that only god can answer my questions sufficiently. Well I don't know if god is real! I'm trying to get some direction to find an answer to that question, but it is difficult to sort out what is true and what is not because there is no consensus. It is frustrating. If I take your word as truth, then I'm stuck in a cycle that I'll never get out of.
That is why I trust Jesus and I'm never afraid to retract a statement I once made if I come to believe it was wrong. We can't really perform much better than that since life is a process of learning. Main thing it seems is to acknowledge that God is the source of wisdom, and with wisdom we can make sense of information to expand our knowledge. You should seek wisdom, ask God to give you wisdom. Even if you are unsure whether God exists, if you make the assumption that He does exist and then pour your heart's desire to Him then He might show mercy and give you the wisdom that will prove your faith. You would need to think about why you want such a thing though.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I may expand on what Antz just said, it is not a question of IF G-d will grant Wisdom to those who sincerely seek Him:

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." (ESV)

Let me frame the context here: you have to believe G-d is, and seek Him diligently. You have to be humble enough to recognize your own lack, and further humble yourself by asking, rather than thinking you're going to work for it or earn it somehow.

What would any of us give Him? In that light consider His will, and be amazed!

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2011
✟7,620.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It sounds as though both of you are saying that I have to accept something that I, as yet, have little or no reason to accept, before god will give me a reason to accept that he is real. Why is it that I have to make an assumption? Certainly there would be some evidence that you could point me to that would say to me that god exists. Isn't there any? And I looked up and read the verse you shared, and right after it the Bible talks about asking in faith. How can I ask in faith if I don't have any faith? This all just seems so cyclical to me. I do recognize my own lack. I know that there is something missing from my life. And I am trying to see if Christianity has what will fill the void. So far it has been frustrating.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem sincere - welcome to CF! :wave:

It sounds as though both of you are saying that I have to accept something that I, as yet, have little or no reason to accept, before god will give me a reason to accept that he is real. Why is it that I have to make an assumption?

I hate assumptions, and think this can be seen consistently within my posts. Apparently this is just my disposition and I adopted it early, as my Mom often called me "unassuming." My point being, that I never made an assumption to find G-d.

My first Pastor was more than a bit of a rogue, and he got to the point in his life where he prayed "God if you're real show me, and if you're not I'm sorry I asked." You can guess he got a moving response? ;)

And yet there is something involved here sometimes called "a step of Faith" that we must be willing to take. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it is not assumption.

Certainly there would be some evidence that you could point me to that would say to me that god exists. Isn't there any?

Truthfully, all of Christianity hangs on Jesus, suffered, died, buried, and rose again. Each of us who know Him have evidence of this, and the first people to hear this message heard it from women! (This is significant because at that time and in that place, they weren't considered as credible as men)

How can I ask in faith if I don't have any faith? This all just seems so cyclical to me.

First, I want to credit you for not completely dismissing everything out of hand as being "circular." Thank you! Most people with "questions" here do that, and it shows a closed mind.

Next, Scripture tells us that G-d gives "a measure of Faith to every man," and also that Jesus "lights every man that comes into the world." No, I don't think these statements are sexist in any way, nor do I think they are meant to be gender-specific.

So I think you do have some amount of faith of some type, or at least you have in the past before the rigors of life stripped it away. (I'm not actually sure that can really happen, but it sure seems like it to me) This is where a point I have often seen Antz make comes into play, that part of our role is to come to agree with Jesus. A great question he has often asked is if you encounter anything Jesus said that you find wrong? And I often point out that while reading the Bible may seem daunting, 3 chapters a day and you'll get through the whole thing in a year, and Jesus' words are a tiny fraction of that. I always recommend starting with John's Gospel, (can be read in a day) and continuing from there right to the end of the Bible.

This process will "put you in touch with" your Faith, and how you react may surprise us both! I also have a word document that depicts the sort of attitude I have learned to adopt when approaching reading the Bible, which made ALL the difference in my own life. If you want I'll serve up the copypasta ...

I do recognize my own lack. I know that there is something missing from my life. And I am trying to see if Christianity has what will fill the void. So far it has been frustrating.

I hear ya! That first step is indeed the hardest part. It took me 3 1/2 years of having the Lord indisputably in my life before He managed to bring me into contact with His people. That was a rough time during which I didn't make any progress on my own that I'm aware of, but no doubt He did some preparation in my heart that was necessary before bringing me into His Church.

I encourage you to stay honest, and be real with G-d. You won't get anywhere any other way; He certainly can't be fooled! This "something missing" feeling you have is a NECESSARY ingredient, and I can point you to relevant Scripture:

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God." (Psalm 42:1) Ponder what that might mean. Read the whole Psalm if you want, to get a better context. No doubt understanding what situation David was in when he wrote it would add further insight, but start by taking it at face value, and recognizing this "heart posture" is something to be consciously developed, as it worked for King David!

There is effort involved in finding G-d, for any of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It sounds as though both of you are saying that I have to accept something that I, as yet, have little or no reason to accept, before god will give me a reason to accept that he is real. Why is it that I have to make an assumption? Certainly there would be some evidence that you could point me to that would say to me that god exists. Isn't there any? And I looked up and read the verse you shared, and right after it the Bible talks about asking in faith. How can I ask in faith if I don't have any faith? This all just seems so cyclical to me. I do recognize my own lack. I know that there is something missing from my life. And I am trying to see if Christianity has what will fill the void. So far it has been frustrating.

The most powerful evidence of the existence of God (Next to the power of the Holy Spirit which you will only receive when you give your heart to him completely) is prophecy. Below is a link to 101 Biblical prophecies about the end times that have either already come to pass or are obviously in the process of coming to pass.

101 Last Days Prophecies

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why isn't he leading mankind as he presumably did in ages past?

He IS! :) I have learned to see that the old testament stories of how he lead Israel through the wilderness, depict His leading today so we can recognize it.

You should be encouraged that each of us has a different POV, because that means we each have something real; not just a carbon copy of what somebody long ago might have had that has been long dead. With the point being that something real is available for YOU. (And yes, your understand and especially the way you might word things would surely differ from my own at least a bit. That only makes life more interesting. There are many Bible stories to this effect, most notably Joseph's "coat of many colors.")

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

You have to understand that we are living in times where many are straying from the faith. I'm not naming any names and I don't even know who you're referring to so I don't have anyone in particular in mind but there are many that are straying from the truth and following more New Age ideas such as Christ not being the only way to God and many others. What you need to do is read your Bible and pray for guidance and read the Apostle's Creed. It will tell you the basics of Christianity that all true Christians believe. Of course Christians are going to disagree on some doctrines but these for the most part are not requirements for salvation. The only guidelines for salvation are to accept that Jesus is the Son of God who came to die for us to free us from sin so that we can once again be at peace with God and live forever with him. When we accept this fully and make him Lord over our lives, our lives change drastically and the more we focus on him, the more our lives change until life is entirely different than it was before.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2011
✟7,620.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The most powerful evidence of the existence of God (Next to the power of the Holy Spirit which you will only receive when you give your heart to him completely) is prophecy. Below is a link to 101 Biblical prophecies about the end times that have either already come to pass or are obviously in the process of coming to pass.
That's helpful... I hadn't thought of prophecy as being a means that God could be found through. I'll read through the list. That brings up a question though. What about other religions' prophets? What if prophets of other religions have prophesied things which have come to pass? Wouldn't that make the god of those religions the true god as well?

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2011
✟7,620.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Where? And when? I've never known Christians to believe this.
I have learned to see that the old testament stories of how he lead Israel through the wilderness, depict His leading today so we can recognize it.

You should be encouraged that each of us has a different POV, because that means we each have something real; not just a carbon copy of what somebody long ago might have had that has been long dead.
I don't understand your point. What I understand Christians to teach about god is that he is the same always, and doesn't change. Why would god give many people different truths that conflict with one another? I'm sorry, that just makes no sense.

With the point being that something real is available for YOU. (And yes, your understand and especially the way you might word things would surely differ from my own at least a bit. That only makes life more interesting. There are many Bible stories to this effect, most notably Joseph's "coat of many colors.")
I'm sorry, but I'm simply not receptive to this idea. You make it sound as though every man's truth is truth. That is simply illogical, and I can't accept that. Unless you're telling me that god is illogical, at which point I'd say "Thanks for trying." If that is truly how god deals with men in Christianity, I'll just move on.

Upvote 0