Why does God make it so hard to worship?

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because there are many counterfeits of the truth about God in the world. A cursory look at them won't expose the falsehoods they espouse any more than a quick glance at a fake bill will alert you to its counterfeit nature. The devil is working hard to obscure the truth of God and he doesn't do so in obvious ways.

Selah.

Why is god idle in allowing other religions to exist, people put dogmatic faith in to them and according to you are destined for hell. Surely if god is all power and all loving, he would remove these religions so people are not predestined to go to hell based on which religion they are born into. Seems freewill is pretty limited.

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My advice, start looking at Biblical prophecy. Soon it should be apparent that only God could lay out detailed predictive prophecies, because He alone inhabits eternity. He alone can see the past, present, and future all at the same time. He is not bound by the 4th dimension, time has no effect on the Lord.

Bible prophecy states that god supports slavery...

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Out of the Closet Jesus Freak
Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bible prophecy states that god supports slavery...

Which prophecy? Slavery was a fact of life in those days, most of the time "freedom" simply meant being free to starve to death. In Jewish society God demanded that slaves be freed in a jubilee year. In the NT the word "dulos" is used, and that is a "servant/slave" that means indentured servant, or in other words someone wo serves their Lord freely and with joy.

Paul and John loved referring to themselves in this manner.

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Which prophecy? Slavery was a fact of life in those days, most of the time "freedom" simply meant being free to starve to death. In Jewish society God demanded that slaves be freed in a jubilee year. In the NT the word "dulos" is used, and that is a "servant/slave" that means indentured servant, or in other words someone wo serves their Lord freely and with joy.

Paul and John loved referring to themselves in this manner.

Sorry I mean't just the Bible. My problem then is, why was the bible written for a specific time. When morals were different. The bible obviously cannot change with the times, but why are parts of it only relevant to the past. If it was not against the law, would you be happy in owning slaves? Supporting slavery just doesn't seem like a very Godly, or loving thing.

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry I mean't just the Bible. My problem then is, why was the bible written for a specific time. When morals were different. The bible obviously cannot change with the times, but why are parts of it only relevant to the past. If it was not against the law, would you be happy in owning slaves? Supporting slavery just doesn't seem like a very Godly, or loving thing.

Of course I wouldn't be happy owning slaves. I think you misunderstood my reply, in that day and time it's how people purchased things sometimes. If people had no capital they would enter into a servant relationship with someone. Example, Jacob worked for Laban 7 years to marry his daughter. And when Laban tricked him he worked another 7 years for the wife he wanted originally.

In that day and time slavery was a fact of life. I don't think anyone supports slavery today. Like I said, in that time period of human history many times freedom simply meant freedom to starve to death.

Upvote 0

spiritman1

Jun 13, 2011
✟464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Currently this is how I see religion at the moment:

2zs5elu.png

If there is a god why does he make it so hard for anybody to know which religion is his. There is no hard proof. All you can do is put faith into words that were written centuries ago. This is what I don't get, if God is all loving, caring and powerful why is it so unclear if he is even real. Seeing as all of mankind's eternal sole is at stake here, you think God would make it clear to us all.
I'm not sure why it seems so unclear to you, only the religion based on the bible declares there is only one God, and He is the creator of everything we see, look around do you see any design in creation, is there evidence of design, that is the real question, if there is evidence of design then its obvious there is a designer and only the God of the bible makes the claim as being the designer, that narrows your picks down to about three Judiasm, Christianity.....Islam doesn't reconize the bible as true so their out.......now the whole bible is a testimony about God trying to reconcile humanity back into a place of good standing and relationship with Him, It is all about the Messiah who will come to reconcile man back to God......Judiasm rejects the Messiah Jesus and are still looking for their Messiah. Jesus came and reconciled man back to God, by making Himself the sacrifice for all our sins, since He rose from the dead and was witnessed by hundreds, He said He would come again, but first a terrible ruler will come first he will say he is God and will do amazing things even calling fire down from heaven, most of the world will be deceived, probably most of the Jews will think this is their Messiah, he will even stand in their rebuilt temple and declare that he is God. Then signs in heaven will be seen, the moon will turn red, and the sun will not give its light, and stars will be seen falling from the sky in record numbers, after this happens Jesus will return and destroy everything that stands against Him, it will be very important that you chose sides before He gets here as there will be eternal consequences for what side your found on

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not sure why it seems so unclear to you, only the religion based on the bible declares there is only one God, and He is the creator of everything we see, look around do you see any design in creation, is there evidence of design, that is the real question, if there is evidence of design then its obvious there is a designer and only the God of the bible makes the claim as being the designer, that narrows your picks down to about three Judiasm, Christianity.....Islam doesn't reconize the bible as true so their out.......now the whole bible is a testimony about God trying to reconcile humanity back into a place of good standing and relationship with Him, It is all about the Messiah who will come to reconcile man back to God......Judiasm rejects the Messiah Jesus and are still looking for their Messiah. Jesus came and reconciled man back to God, by making Himself the sacrifice for all our sins, since He rose from the dead and was witnessed by hundreds, He said He would come again, but first a terrible ruler will come first he will say he is God and will do amazing things even calling fire down from heaven, most of the world will be deceived, probably most of the Jews will think this is their Messiah, he will even stand in their rebuilt temple and declare that he is God. Then signs in heaven will be seen, the moon will turn red, and the sun will not give its light, and stars will be seen falling from the sky in record numbers, after this happens Jesus will return and destroy everything that stands against Him, it will be very important that you chose sides before He gets here as there will be eternal consequences for what side your found on

And what if the quran is correct? You believe words written in a book, why should I believe your words over a Muslims words? You pray, they pray. You feel touched by God so do they. God really has made a mess of things hasn't he...

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok but then why is the bible written in the past, why do we need to ignore these parts of it now that humanity has progressed. Should it be constantly contemporary?

I don't think we should "ignore" them either, but when we fail to put them into the perspective of when they happened that's cause for concern. Slavery was a fact of life then, it's not today. just like the flood of Noah was a fact of life then, it's not today.

What is important today is trust in the Lord for the atonement of your sins, to love God with all you have within you, and to love your neighbors as you'd have them love you. these two commandments fulfill the entire OT law and prophets and Christ is the propitiation for our sins.

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
And what if the quran is correct? You believe words written in a book, why should I believe your words over a Muslims words? You pray, they pray. You feel touched by God so do they. God really has made a mess of things hasn't he...

Because of prophecy, that is how God authenticates His message to us. Peter said he was an eyewitness to Jesus Christ and His ministry, but says of prophecy that it is "a more sure word". Meaning prophecy trumps his witnessing it all with his own two eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why is god idle in allowing other religions to exist, people put dogmatic faith in to them and according to you are destined for hell. Surely if god is all power and all loving, he would remove these religions so people are not predestined to go to hell based on which religion they are born into. Seems freewill is pretty limited.

Actually, it is precisely because we have free will that all the various religions exist. God could simply stamp them all out, but that would be interfering with our choices to a dictatorial degree. The truth of the Gospel is available to all; millions have discovered it and embraced it, billions of others have rejected it. Each one is responsible for what they do when faced with the truth. God will not shove it down your throat or make it so you have no other choice but to take what He is offering. One doesn't force a gift upon another.

Also, remember that the Bible doesn't teach that God is all-loving. As a just and holy God, He hates sin absolutely.

Selah.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Currently this is how I see religion at the moment:

2zs5elu.png

If there is a god why does he make it so hard for anybody to know which religion is his. There is no hard proof. All you can do is put faith into words that were written centuries ago. This is what I don't get, if God is all loving, caring and powerful why is it so unclear if he is even real. Seeing as all of mankind's eternal sole is at stake here, you think God would make it clear to us all.

God does not make it difficult to worship Him, man makes it difficult to worship Him.
Every religion listed thinks that they are the one true way to God/enlightenment.
Within most of the major religions, there are differing view points on the theology within those religions, and blood has been shed over those differences...Those differing view points were NOT created by God, but by man.

Even in science there are differing points of view on more than one theory..the only difference is that those differences normally do not lead to violence, but they can lead to ridicule and ostrizisation.

Upvote 0

spiritman1

Jun 13, 2011
✟464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the quran has 0 prophecy, the bible predicts and tells the future, the quran follows the linage of Ishmael Abrahams son with Hagar his concubine, God told Abraham the covenant people would be through his wife Sara and her son Isaac........the bible prophetically described how Israel would reject the Messiah, and its a good thing they did, because of their rejection God made it possible for a people who were not His people to receive salvation, but God has kept a remnant of His people, 12 thousand from each tribe, and since Jesus is King of the Jews, and will be known as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, His people will once again be held in high regard. Ever wonder why the whole world seems to revolve around the tiny nation of Israel and the control of the tiny town of Jerusalem..........In reference to nations and cities, they are hardly a dot on the map.....yet the bible says Israel and Jerusalem are the center stage for everything that is yet to unfold......and it will unfold just as everything it has declared has unfolded, we were told Israel would return to their land and nobody will be able to remove them once they return

Upvote 0

StarCannon

Warmaster
Oct 27, 2007
At home.
✟9,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello, Berthew.

It's like taking a quiz that constantly changes answers, and the questions are never the same twice. You gotta keep on trying until the Ultimate Answer dawns upon you. Then you'll know what exactly it is that you seek.

It isn't too hard, if you think about it. Just take a few moments. What has life taught you about striving?

Upvote 0

washedagain

Resting in the Palm of His Hand
Jul 11, 2011
Austin Tx
✟16,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its not about refusing evidence, its the fact that there are so many different versions of evidence. Why can't things be clear for everyone. How can I hold one piece of evidence higher than any other.

Remember Sesame Street? They would sing this little diddy called, "which one is not like the other... which one just isn't the same?"

It was to get kids to us logic and the art of comparing objects and finding the least likely one that had the least in common.

With all these religions, they all have something in common except one.

The commonality of all these religions save one, is that they are all man trying to reach God (or a higher consciousness or nirvana) man striving to attain something.....

There is one religion in that whole list that isn't about that at all... rather it is a religion that is presenting God to man. God SEEKING man and his heart.

Which sounds right to you and please tell me why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Birthew, this is a topic I've recently learned to understand better. Jesus Christ was a real man who came in the flesh at a time when the majority of people were illiterate so word spread by way of rumors. There were a few disciples of Jesus' who knew the first hand truth of these rumors, so they wrote their knowledge officially by pen and ink. Remember there was no printing press in those days, so when someone wanted a copy of the gospel they would need to copy by hand using pen and ink. The gospels survived 1,500 years like this! Also, Paul wrote some letters to various churches and they too were preserved by hand copying, and then when William Tyndale printed the Bible on the printing press and suddenly the protestant church evolved as the literate were able to have ready access to the scriptures. Now, you are comparing this to the Qur'an which was dictated by an angel to the prophet Muhammad. To compare the two is comparing apples to oranges. Either way you have to decide whether you trust what an angel says has happened or what a human says he has seen. That's how I've come to understand it, but by far the strongest testimony I have is that of the Holy Spirit, which Jesus gave me when I decided to follow Him.

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Remember Sesame Street? They would sing this little diddy called, "which one is not like the other... which one just isn't the same?"

It was to get kids to us logic and the art of comparing objects and finding the least likely one that had the least in common.

With all these religions, they all have something in common except one.

The commonality of all these religions save one, is that they are all man trying to reach God (or a higher consciousness or nirvana) man striving to attain something.....

There is one religion in that whole list that isn't about that at all... rather it is a religion that is presenting God to man. God SEEKING man and his heart.

Which sounds right to you and please tell me why?

I have no idea. I bet I can guess your going to tell me its Christianity right? :D I'm sorry but to me, they all seem the same. This is a problem. Why does not God fix it?

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Birthew, this is a topic I've recently learned to understand better. Jesus Christ was a real man who came in the flesh at a time when the majority of people were illiterate so word spread by way of rumors. There were a few disciples of Jesus' who knew the first hand truth of these rumors, so they wrote their knowledge officially by pen and ink. Remember there was no printing press in those days, so when someone wanted a copy of the gospel they would need to copy by hand using pen and ink. The gospels survived 1,500 years like this! Also, Paul wrote some letters to various churches and they too were preserved by hand copying, and then when William Tyndale printed the Bible on the printing press and suddenly the protestant church evolved as the literate were able to have ready access to the scriptures. Now, you are comparing this to the Qur'an which was dictated by an angel to the prophet Muhammad. To compare the two is comparing apples to oranges. Either way you have to decide whether you trust what an angel says has happened or what a human says he has seen. That's how I've come to understand it, but by far the strongest testimony I have is that of the Holy Spirit, which Jesus gave me when I decided to follow Him.

But I'f there are a bunch of people eating different fruits, and a new person comes to the market. How can he eat the right one if everyone is telling him theirs is the best? And there is no real way for him to find out before hand, without eating one?

Upvote 0

NOTurTypical

Jun 29, 2011
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have no idea. I bet I can guess your going to tell me its Christianity right? :D I'm sorry but to me, they all seem the same. This is a problem. Why does not God fix it?

They only seem the same to someone who has done a "drive-by" evaluation of them. No offense.

Upvote 0

Satt

Dec 3, 2004
Secret Ninja Villiage
✟8,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Religion, as made by man is evil. All the different traditions are made by man, not God. Here, however, is what the bible says.

James 1:27
King James Version (KJV)

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Upvote 0