Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yup. Don't wear the badge if it doesn't reflect your views. It's insincere, at best.

So you have got to know how Calvin would react to suddenly finding himself in the twenty first century before you can be a Calvinist? Or do you think he would resolutely remain fixed in the sixteenth century, and a firm geocentrist, so that settles the question?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
C'mon! You know Arminians don't want God to make all the decisions unless those decisions agree with theirs!
I hear the tongue in cheek tone in your comment, but Arminians do not believe what you said. Arminians believe that the decision of God is to share responsibility, and that he has delegated some choices to us.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So you have got to know how Calvin would react to suddenly finding himself in the twenty first century before you can be a Calvinist? Or do you think he would resolutely remain fixed in the sixteenth century, and a firm geocentrist, so that settles the question?
So then, by your declaring yourself to be a Calvinist, this really isn't what you mean?

Like I said a Pseudo Calvinist, you take the Spiritual teachings of a 16th. century geocentric, then modify his beliefs to your own understanding and beliefs of Evolution.

If your a Calvinist, then you believe what he taught, what were his thoughts and teachings on Evolution?

You should really identify yourself as a devout Dellowest because you only believe those things, which you believe.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It's the 21 century, so belief that homosexuality is sinful, is backward, right? In 1990 it was Okay to believe it was sinful, but that has changed in 2017.

Truth is objective and unchanging. Calvin knew that. You don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If your a Calvinist, then you believe what he taught, what were his thoughts and teachings on Evolution?

He didn't have any thoughts or teachings on evolution, for the very good reason that he died in 1564, and people didn't start to talk about evolution until the eighteenth century.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He didn't have any thoughts or teachings on evolution, for the very good reason that he died in 1564, and people didn't start to talk about evolution until the eighteenth century.
You mean the teachings of Evolution aren't in the Bible?

OH I'm sorry, the Bible teaches CREATION doesn't it....My Bad.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Truth is objective and unchanging. Calvin knew that. You don't.
You mean the teachings of Evolution aren't in the Bible?

OH I'm sorry, the Bible teaches CREATION doesn't it....My Bad.

Should we disbelieve what modern astronomy tells us, because the Bible says that stars can fall from heaven? Do you think Calvin would say that?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Should we disbelieve what modern astronomy tells us, because the Bible says that stars can fall from heaven? Do you think Calvin would say that?
Tell me the time period when Astronomy, and Geology fell into the category of Evolution.

What the discussion is on, is the Evolution of mankind as Science says, or the Creation of Mankind as the Bible says.

You don't have to believe in the Evolution of the species in order to believe in the findings of Astronomy, and Geology.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Tell me the time period when Astronomy, and Geology fell into the category of Evolution.

Sorry, but if Evolution has to be rejected because it is apparently incompatible with the Bible, then logically modern astronomy must be rejected for the same reason.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry, but if Evolution has to be rejected because it is apparently incompatible with the Bible, then logically modern astronomy must be rejected for the same reason.
I wonder if Adam and Eve and the Garden, all that, before the fall, was parbolically, actually about a perfect universe, perhaps before this flawed, fallen, corrupt(ed) one even was, or is now, and that's what happened at the "fall", that all changed, the entire universe changed, and if Adam is supposed to be a likeness of Christ...? And Eve, his bride, his wife... (Romans 8:18-21)

If it was about an unfallen creation, or universe or other reality that was "perfect", it only had one problem, the systemic anomaly, (Matrix terminology) they had to be given a "choice" and the possibility had to be made for them to be able to choose to lose it all, or the perfect world wouldn't work... (Again Matrix, Reloaded, Neo and the Architect)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums