Illinois
✟176,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This isn't to criticize God, but a question on why is the world is the way it is and why does God allow it?

And number 2, why is there even the ability for humans to commit the most atrocious acts imaginable?

I think it can make humanity want God more, because who would want to live in a world of evil

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This isn't to criticize God, but a question on why is the world is the way it is and why does God allow it?
God created the world without sin. There was no pain, no suffering, no death, no evil. Humanity sinned and wages of death is sin. The moment we Eva and Adam sinned, in that moment they died spiritually (and so did the human race) and died start to die physically also.

Why did God allow it when He fully knew what would happen? So that the Son glorifies the Father on the cross. God does everything for His glory, and in His mercy He decided to show His loving and saving nature. He judges no one today, despite our evil, but that day will come. He postpones His judgement, to give us a chance to repent.

We constantly do evil, mock God, laugh at Him, lie, cheat, cause violence...it is no surprise God allows evil, it is surprise He allows good. As it is written: None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. God loves us with pure love, yet we do evil. He cannot lie, yet we do not trust Him. He gives everything (His own life) for our salvation, but we keep doing evil. What more do people want from God? What does He have to do? Yet no one cares and we keep sinning. Everyone asks why God allows evil, but I'm yet to come across a person who asks 'why God allows good'?

I think it can make humanity want God more, because who would want to live in a world of evil
Humanity sadly don't want God, because our evil deeds will come to light and we will have to answer to God, so we keep denying Him.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,350.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. I do not agree with the formulation that God allows evil to flourish
- God restricts evil to its necessary minimum; even though there is a lot of evil in the world, there is much more of good things

2. Why is the world the way it is
- because its the best possible world; if God changed a small detail, the world would become inferior to the best one

3. Why does God allow it
- because its a necessary part of the best possible world

4. "Why is there even the ability for humans to commit the most atrocious acts imaginable?"
- again, I do not agree with this exaggerated formulation; why are creatures (not just humans) able to act in an evil way? Because the ability is a necessary part of the best possible world

God knows everything, can do anything and is always choosing the best. Therefore, His creation must be the best possible one and we would see it clearly, if we had His abilities. Because we do not have His abilities, we cannot prove that. We can trust that, in faith, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And number 2, why is there even the ability for humans to commit the most atrocious acts imaginable?

God created all intelligent beings with free will, because only with free will is love possible ... God is love ... true love can not be forced or else it isn't love. We are free to sin ... or not to sin .... choices .... God isn't controlling ... if he were we would be a bunch of robots.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are of a dual nature, flesh and spirit, One follows animal instincts while the other seeks a spiritual connection. Obviously these two clash as they are opposite in nature, one being selfish, one being caring. God reminds us which path to follow but our fleshy nature is strong even though our other side has the power to reject those ways. It is why we were made hybrids in the first place, but of course it was easier for Adam and Eve to do before they put their will before God's and became self conscious, realizing they had not only choice but self will that created their own choices rather than following the choices give by God.. Self then became their primary focus instead of God's will. It's like (as an example only) of an innocent child suddenly discovering genitals have two purposes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find the best answer to this question is Job 38-40. God knows what He's doing, and what He allows is a part of His care for creation. He knows how to nurture His creation, and when the time is right all will be set right and we will see that what we thought was evil never actually existed and was in fact good.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This question comes up a whole lot usually more personal, "How could a Loving God allow _______ to happen.

What is really being asked: "Why are we not all in a Garden of Eden situation?"

The Garden situation was a Lousy (impossible) situation for humans to fulfill their earthly objective, which Adam and Eve plus the rest of us can learn from what they went through.
This messed up tragic world is actually the very best situation for willing individuals to fulfill their earthly objective.
The objective drives everything.
Unfortunately, sin is needed to help individuals fulfill their earthly objective.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Because in the infinite wisdom of God's plan to glorify his goodness through the glory of his Son, this was "the best means to the best end" (definition of wisdom).

Last edited:
Upvote 0