Why does God allow certain people to be born when God knows that individual may turn against him?

Neonap

Feb 14, 2017
United States
✟20,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I ponder on this question. Why does God form someone, if he knows that person will reject Him and end up in hell or become a killer for example Andrei Chikatilo, who ended the lives of 50 something people. God knows us before we are brought to this earth, knows our innermost self, and knows what our choices will be or will make so why bother forming them in the womb? The bible says that the majority of the people in this world will be in hell, and only a few will find heaven. That's a sad truth, yet God created us knowing we have that potential of falling away from Him.

Jeremiah 1:4-5

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I hope this isn't a stupid question but I ponder on this question. Why does God form someone, if he knows that person will reject Him and end up in hell or become a killer for example Andrei Chikatilo, who ended the lives of 50 something people. God knows us before we are brought to this earth, knows our innermost self, and knows what our choices will be or will make so why bother forming them in the womb? The bible says that the majority of the people in this world will be in hell, and only a few will find heaven. That's a sad truth, yet God created us knowing we have that potential of falling away from Him.

Why does God save anyone? Don't we all deserve to go to hell?

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can't say why God ultimately does the things he does. We were all gifted with a thing called free will. Yes the old "free will" argument. We ALL have the potential to do evil. However, because we have free will we ALL have the potential to choose to do what is good and right. We already know how bad it is when someone uses their free will to choose to do evil and reject God. Think of how much more wonderful it is when people choose to do the opposite; what is good and right? Is it not better when someone chooses to do something nice for you out of their own free will than it is when someone is forced to be nice to you and you know it?

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Isaiah 55:9, Revelation 6:9-11, Daniel 9:26. Do not assume that the world today is what God wants (Genesis 2:17, Matthew 21:37-39, Exodus 20:7, 2 Thessalonians 2:2-3).

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because this person's existence serves God's purpose in some way.

Perhaps because of this person, other people may come to God.

One might wonder why God would allow someone evil like Hitler to be born. In The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, the ten Booms had a neighbor they affectionately called "the bulldog man". They'd see him walk his bulldogs in the mornings and wave.

When the Nazis invaded the Netherlands, the bulldog man one day knocked on the ten Booms' door and asked if his kind neighbors would take care of his dogs. He was a Jew who was saved and had been commanded to go to the concentration camp. The ten Booms were very upset, but he told them that this was his opportunity to witness to his brethren and hopefully win them to Christ.

I don't know why Hitler was allowed to do all the evil he was allowed to do, but I do know that God will use the evil doings of men to accomplish His ends.

What man meant for evil, God can use for good.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well thing is we choose where we go so to speak. God doesn't know where we are going. He can see the many outcomes based on our choices. In other words He can see an amazing christian and then suddenly that christian decides to lets say become a serial killer and abandon God. This person has chosen to reject God and essentially sent themselves to hell.

I mean yes, He puts us where we are going. But out free will choose our ultimate end path.

• Agree
Reactions: Questore
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may sound like a strange answer, but he did so because of the great love he had for us. Like someone else said, God knows the beginning from the end, and before he created the world and mankind, he knew we were going to fall, and even knowing this he still chose to create us. But again, he did this out of love. He created us in order to share his love with us, and so that we could share that love back with him. Unfortunately, many people chose to turn their backs on God, but that has never changed his love for us. The craziest part is that we deserved to be destroyed. We deserved God's wrath, but because of his overwhelming love for his creation he chose to come into this earth, and take our punishment in order to restore the relationship between us and God.

You could also argue the same thing when it comes to Satan. Why God create Lucifer in the first place if he knew that Lucifer would one day rebel against him, and basically turn the world against him? Again, God knew this would all happen, but he still chose to do it anyways, and why? Because even if only one person chose to love him back, to God, it was worth it. The same is true when it comes to salvation, and that If Jesus knew that only 1 person would accept him as Lord and savior, he still would have suffered all he went through in order to save that one person.

Upvote 0

Neonap

Feb 14, 2017
United States
✟20,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

One might wonder why God would allow someone evil like Hitler to be born. In The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, the ten Booms had a neighbor they affectionately called "the bulldog man". They'd see him walk his bulldogs in the mornings and wave.

When the Nazis invaded the Netherlands, the bulldog man one day knocked on the ten Booms' door and asked if his kind neighbors would take care of his dogs. He was a Jew who was saved and had been commanded to go to the concentration camp. The ten Booms were very upset, but he told them that this was his opportunity to witness to his brethren and hopefully win them to Christ.

I don't know why Hitler was allowed to do all the evil he was allowed to do, but I do know that God will use the evil doings of men to accomplish His ends.

Makes sense, though the same evil that might open someone to the reality of God, can also make someone lose faith in Him, it's like a coin flip that can go both ways. I know since I've been studying the dark side of humanity that all this evil in the world prove the existence of God. Not only that, but these so called monsters who kill are fallen humans like you and I, we are no better than them because we all are on the same boat... We all sin and fall short, all we need to reach that level of evil is a little push to take us off the edge. We are neither good nor evil, but land in the grey area. I guess if we were to go through the same horrible abuses that life threw at Chikatilo, well some of us could of either turned out like him or messed up in some form or fashion. I used to hate killers, but now I understand that we are called to love them:Actually love everyone despite what they have done to others or to you. We like to play judge, but we don't know their story. Your right, good can come out of evil, one example of that is Karla Faye Tucker. Her case is quite remarkable, because even though she became a killer, in the end she transformed into a child of God. I guess God works in mysterious ways..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mary Mags

May 23, 2017
Mizoram
✟16,760.00
Country
India
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I used to wonder about this too. But now I've rested in God's will and perfect plan for all things because He is Good. He does not owe us an explanation to everything He does because He is GOD! Our King, Our Creator and the King of all creations.
Romans 9:20 "On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers [arrogantly] back to God and dares to defy Him? Will the thing which is formed say to Him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”
There are things we will never understand, but the solution is to TRUST in Him and trust that He does all things for good because He is righteous and good.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Makes sense, though the same evil that might open someone to the reality of God, can also make someone lose faith in Him, it's like a coin flip that can go both ways. I know since I've been studying the dark side of humanity that all this evil in the world prove the existence of God. Not only that, but these so called monsters who kill are fallen humans like you and I, we are no better than them because we all are on the same boat... We all sin and fall short, all we need to reach that level of evil is a little push to take us off the edge. We are neither good nor evil, but land in the grey area. I guess if we were to go through the same horrible abuses that life threw at Chikatilo, well some of us could of either turned out like him or messed up in some form or fashion. I used to hate killers, but now I understand that we are called to love them:Actually love everyone despite what they have done to others or to you. We like to play judge, but we don't know their story. Your right, good can come out of evil, one example of that is Karla Faye Tucker. Her case is quite remarkable, because even though she became a killer, in the end she transformed into a child of God. I guess God works in mysterious ways..
I agree with part of your post, but not the whole. I do not believe that a person once saved will ever really turn from God forever. A saved person will come back Home to God eventually.

Let us say the bulldog man was saved, but the horror he suffers causes him to temporarily doubt God's goodness. My argument is that this falling away is only temporary in nature.

I have no doubt that God can and does save evil people. Jeffrey Dahmer was said to have been saved in prison.

I agree that we all have it within us to be evil. I like how Agatha Christie put it in her novels, any one can become a murderer.

I do not know the case cited in the OP, so can not speak to that.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This answers most of the"why" questions generally, not some specifically:
Romans 9:[21] Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
[22] What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
[23] And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
[24] Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Upvote 0

least

To God be the Glory!
Dec 20, 2011
✟13,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I believe it has to do with his desire for us to truly love and worship him. If we had not choice but to do so, wouldn't it be cheapened? One thing is for sure, God gave us a choice either way, to love him or to rebel against him. Unfortunately, we have all chose the latter. But this did not surprise God, because he determined before creation that he would send his own Son to be the sacrifice for sin and the savior of all who would receive him by faith. We must trust that God does everything he does in the counsel of his perfect knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neonap

Feb 14, 2017
United States
✟20,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with part of your post, but not the whole. I do not believe that a person once saved will ever really turn from God forever. A saved person will come back Home to God eventually.

Let us say the bulldog man was saved, but the horror he suffers causes him to temporarily doubt God's goodness. My argument is that this falling away is only temporary in nature.

I have no doubt that God can and does save evil people. Jeffrey Dahmer was said to have been saved in prison.

I agree that we all have it within us to be evil. I like how Agatha Christie put it in her novels, any one can become a murderer.

I do not know the case cited in the OP, so can not speak to that.

Hmm.. Well some do hold the belief that a Christian can fall away or lose their salvation,
which side I agree with I'm not sure. In my case, let's say I am saved, but as of late I've been sinning willingly on a constant basis. Now it's one thing to stumble and fall into sin, but repent of it and another to continue nor repent of the sins. I fall into the category of not repenting at all, therefore calls me to question my salvation. Being saved doesn't give you the free pass to sin, we must strive daily to die to our flesh and put our focus on the spiritual component of things. There are Christians out there though like my dad who have told me that a true christian does not sin which I disagree with. Anyway, I find it sad that people who say that they are Christians hope that Jeffrey Dahmer is not in heaven but rather in hell. Its not our call to question his salvation or be the judge of his soul. Interesting, I'll look into the author you brought up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm.. Well some do hold the belief that a Christian can fall away or lose their salivation, which side I agree with I'm not sure. In my case, let's say I am saved, but as of late I've been sinning willingly on a constant basis. Now it's one thing to stumble and fall into sin, but repent of it and another to continue nor repent of the sins. I fall into the category of not repenting at all, therefore calls me to question my salvation. Being saved doesn't give you the free pass to sin, we must strive daily to die to our flesh and put our focus on the spiritual component of things. There are Christians out there though like my dad who have told me that a true christian does not sin which I disagree with. Anyway, I find it sad that people who say that they are Christians hope that Jeffrey Dahmer is not in heaven but rather in hell. Its not our call to question his salvation or be the judge of his soul. Interesting, I'll look into the author you brought up.
I hope Christians do not lose their salivation as that would make us appear to be drooling idiots, and people already think that of us.

We have an old nature, which means we can give into sin wilfully. The thing is, since we have a spiritual nature, if we go into sin- it makes us highly unhappy and sorrowful. It does not thrill us as we think it might.

I heard a preacher say the reason why the pigs did not get out of the pig pen was because they liked the muck. The Prodigal Son very wilfully went into degradation and sin. I like how the Bible says "he came to himself" and looked around and wondered what he was doing in habitual sin- he was a son and he wanted to come back home to the Father.

I believe Christians can get into sin, but eventually they will "come to themselves" and go back home and ask God to cleanse and forgive.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I often wonder this too and questioned God about this. However, it's like one poster said I have no right to question God. But sometimes it's hard not to question God.

I sometimes get very rebellious towards him. A lot of people here say that he's good and righteous and that is exactly what the Bible says. But I get very angry with him. He sends certain people to hell and everyone says it is their choice to go to hell. Well I'm not going to argue about that. But it doesn't always seem like it's a choice for somebody to go to hell.

I know I am human and I don't understand God. I get thoughts of rebellion all the time. But I am going to continue to call upon the name of the Lord Jesus and pray for his Mercy. Whether I was meant to die and go to hell or not, I don't know. I myself still struggle with sin. And I fear I'm one of those people who may end up in hell because I have very little victory over my sin. It is almost impossible for me to stop sinning. I will say okay I'm not going to send today, but then fall right flat on my face.

So I am praying I am not one of those people that God created so that he could destroy me.

But for some reason I'm not able to gain victory over my sin. And when I don't do my sin all I could think about is doing my sin. I close my eyes and say I'm not going to do this today I'm not going to do this today I am not going to do this today, and all I could think about is my desire to do what I don't want to do. And if I don't do it, I feel like I am going to die. I get images in my head all the time that is just sinful and wrong. And the more I try to stop those thoughts, the stronger the thoughts are.

So the point that I am making, I am just hoping I am not one of those people that God created to destroy.

I have gotten angry with him and told him he shouldn't have created me. Of course, this is me and mere human being questioning God. That is also very dangerous.

So what are my choices, all I can do is keep teen you to try to stop sinning. And pray for God's mercy. And call upon the name of his son Jesus. Whether it saves me or not I don't know.

PS I don't understand why God just doesn't take away my desire to sin.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Neonap
Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey bro! I wonder whether you can give us some examples.

Oh I'm sorry I'm not being very clear. What I mean is why God has Mercy on some people and why God does not have mercy on some other people. Paul talks about in Romans (I think it's in Romans) how God has mercy on whom he wants, and he hardens whom he wants. That's what I mean. I just wondered why God has Mercy on some people and not have mercy on others.

But I also know it's not up to me to question God. I was just saying that I have questioned God and I know that I have no right to. I will provide the scripture to it when I can find it.

Upvote 0