Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wow..May 6, 2015. This was an old one! :eek:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

What a difference a year in politics makes. Now I can understand why some Christians may choose to vote Democrat in 2016. Trump with his views on NATO and his racist and ill considered views on Mexicans and Muslims cannot be president.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But Trump!!!
Well, sir, that's a conundrum. I do think the Republicans have it worse this election. You may hate and despise Clinton, but you know she actually cares what history will make of her presidency, so she will try her best to do a good job and she has a record of being able to work with the opposition.

Trump already believes he will be the greatest because he's Him - or that's the impression I get from how he has not bothered to learn anything about the Constitution or the issues.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I am no longer democrat, I am now green - "I'm with her!" - JILL, not Hill.

My problem with Jill is that she goes along with the no vaccine crowd and supports homoepathic medicine. And she is an MD. I don't think she is competent.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Is that reflected in the Green party platform?

No, I don't have any problem with the Green Party Platform but I really want any candidate I vote for to believe in modern science. Besides, the Democratic platform this year is pretty awesome, thanks to Bernie.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
No, I don't have any problem with the Green Party Platform but I really want any candidate I vote for to believe in modern science. Besides, the Democratic platform this year is pretty awesome, thanks to Bernie.
And that's the thing about a platform, no one has to follow it. Besides, I've seen where her supposed stance on vaccine was debunked. I'll look for it if I get on the desktop later.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What a difference a year in politics makes. Now I can understand why some Christians may choose to vote Democrat in 2016. Trump with his views on NATO and his racist and ill considered views on Mexicans and Muslims cannot be president.

Do you still hold to the complaints about the Democratic Party you posited in post #1?

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you still hold to the complaints about the Democratic Party you posited in post #1?

Yes all of them. But Trump seems kind of liberal or flexible on the moral stuff. It is possible that he might enact a positive shake up of the American economy re: health care costs, the deficit, improved public infrastructure and social mobility for instance and I cannot see Clinton making much difference there. But as a European his views on NATO are the game changer for me. Also his vision of American greatness is far more exclusive of foreigners and even racist and isolationalist in its outlook. I and most Europeans do not particularly like the America he is preaching.

I believe the cost of his foreign policy and attitude to Muslims would be bourne by the church in the Middle East and he could end up worse a president than even Obama has been and by extension Clinton would be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And that's the thing about a platform, no one has to follow it. Besides, I've seen where her supposed stance on vaccine was debunked. I'll look for it if I get on the desktop later.
I've never understood why American political parties even put out platforms. In Europe it makes sense, but party discipline is not really a thing in our political system here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with all points except the last. Is it anti-Christian to be for big government?

Yes. People need food but, they need it handed to them by
somebody who cares about their Spiritual well-being.

A credit card for food that you can sell for drug money is
not a Christian program. I kid you not.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes all of them. But Trump seems kind of liberal or flexible on the moral stuff.

Trump can't win the election on those issues alone. He's taken the traditional positions on those, but a winning strategy has to hit the Left where they are more vulnerable.

mindlight said:
But as a European his views on NATO are the game changer for me.

NATO is a military alliance between America and Europe at the expense of Russia. Given that Europe is between the world's two leading military powers, America and Russia, wouldn't it be a better thing for Europe to see relations between those two countries improved?

Also his vision of American greatness is far more exclusive of foreigners and even racist and isolationalist in its outlook. I and most Europeans do not particularly like the America he is preaching.

Trump's anti-immigration politics are simply the American version of a political trend that has been developing in Europe for decades. From what I've seen, its sells quite well...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump can't win the election on those issues alone. He's taken the traditional positions on those, but a winning strategy has to hit the Left where they are more vulnerable.

He was prochoice until recently hence the doubt. But his positions on abortion and on gay marriage are now more traditional. I do not know if I trust him on these positions or if he would do anything about them. But he did say that he was considering to appoint judges to overthrow the SCOTUS decision. OK on paper I take this one back. He seems far better than Clinton on the moral stuff. But this is now fresh from the Republican nominations. How will he be in the run off against Clinton? Also we both know that any American president will in practice do very little on these key issues while there seems to be a public mandate for them.

NATO is a military alliance between America and Europe at the expense of Russia. Given that Europe is between the world's two leading military powers, America and Russia, wouldn't it be a better thing for Europe to see relations between those two countries improved?

Personally I have no problem that Russia takes the Crimea which voted to join them after all and also I would like to see stable borders in the East of the Ukraine even if that means some land concessions by the Ukraine. But Putin has been making noises far more aggressive than simply taking the Russian bits of the Ukraine. He has been aggravating Russian populations in the Baltic states etc. and looking towards re-establishing Russian hegemony over Eastern Europe. This is something that the Eastern European countries do not want and which we need NATO to defend against. By questioning the value of the NATO alliance and whether or not America would defend countries that are not paying their way Trump is undermining the security of Europe. This is not how you negotiate with Putin and it is not in Americas national interest either.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/trump-on-nato.7958337/

Trump's anti-immigration politics are simply the American version of a political trend that has been developing in Europe for decades. From what I've seen, its sells quite well...

Regardless of how well it sells it is morally wrong and racist.

http://theresurgent.com/why-wayne-grudem-is-wrong-about-trump/

Last edited:
Upvote 0