Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not at all Brian, Everything I have posted is the result of my own prayerful bible study of Gods' Word. What is it you do not agree with and why? For me I work best with detail and facts as I LoveGodsWord (excuse the pun) :)

You and BobRyan among others present a fairly identical looking system of apologetics. Same key proof texts, same conclusions etc. I've seen when one commits themselves to a denominational doctrine, what they write is a reflection of that doctrine. It's often easy to tell what denominational doctrine someone has been taught and follows by the way they lay things out.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You and BobRyan among others present a fairly identical looking system of apologetics. Same key proof texts, same conclusions etc. I seen when one commits themselves to a denominational doctrine, what they write is a reflection of that doctrine. It's often easy to tell what denominational doctrine someone has been taught and follows by the way they lay things out.
Yet this is something I do not do at all. As posted earlier. Everything I have shared here is the result of my own personal bible study of the scriptures claiming God's promises that he will be my guide and teacher through His Word. I have asked you many times what is it in the scriptures that have been shared with you that you disagree with and why. I am still waiting for an answer but all I have been hearing is but the majority of Christians do not believe. You do know that only a remnant will be saved and the majority will be lost according to the scriptures right *Revelation 12:17; Matthew 22:14; Romans 9:27?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that an argument not to believe Gods' Word and that there is no pure truth of the Word of God? Or is it an argument that there is no truth and no error? I do not think so. Does that mean that when Jesus says many will be called but only the few will be chosen is not true? Or does that mean when Jesus says those who follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God they are not worshiping God is not true? - Once again, I do not think so. It is God's Word and we should believe and follow it according to the scriptures. Nothing else really matters according to the scriptures.

What it means is than in my observation, most fringe group members and fringe individuals sound alike to me. Everything you just wote compounds that. The problem is they all claim to be the only ones who know and obey the true Word of God, which means only one fringe group/individual out of several can be right. Now I can devote the rest of my life to trying to find out which fringe group or individual really is the only one that has it right, or I can take my chances with two thousand year old orthodox Christian theology.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟492,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
a. the new moon is referenced, and it is not a month, but a day.

b. It includes the weekly sabbath actually, as does Numbers 28 and 29 as well.

The context goes on to give more details, and to associate them again. An note, this is the weekly sabbath:

Eze 46:1 “Thus says the Lord GOD: The gate of the inner court that faces east shall be shut on the six working days, but on the Sabbath day it shall be opened, and on the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

Six working days....that is the weekly sabbath.
In Isaiah 66:23 it says:

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

This verse is not talking about a specific day here. It says from one new moon to another- from month to month. If I make it to heaven and my Savior wants me to worship Him from month to month- I am more than delighted. Again, my guess the months will be 28 days, so month to month and week to week will be God's Sabbath day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet this is something I do not do at all. As posted earlier. Everything I have shared here is the result of my own personal bible study of the scriptures claiming God's promises that he will be my guide and teacher through His Word. I have asked you many times what is it in the scriptures that have been shared with you that you disagree with and why. I am still waiting for an answer but all I have been hearing is but the majority of Christians do not believe. You do know that only a remnant will be saved and the majority will be lost according to the scriptures right *Revelation 12:17; Matthew 22:14; Romans 9:27?

Well you're going to have to keep waiting until I'm at home at my desk rather than on a phone at work. And yes I know that SDAs (along with all the other fringe groups/individuals) believe they are the remnant whereas most Christians are pretty much in the same boat as unbelievers. The question is which one of several groups claiming those verses and others like Matthew 7:13-14 apply to them alone are the real remnant?

I find it strange that you found the idea of an SDA telling me I was dammed if I didn't join the SDA being wrong, and yet as far as I see, that's what you have ended up saying in this dialogue. If I were a young and vulnerable Christian you probably would have me doubting my salvation and worrying that I should become a member.

Or is it more like you are saying only those who measure up as well as you do are the remnant who will be saved?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟492,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you're going to have to keep waiting until I'm at home at my desk rather than on a phone at work. And yes I know that SDAs (along with all the other fringe groups/individuals) believe they are the remnant whereas most Christians are pretty much in the same boat as unbelievers. The question is which one of several groups claiming those verses and others like Matthew 7:13-14 apply to them alone are the real remnant?
Yes, many claim, but few follow God's commandments.

We are told what makes up the remnant church through scriptures.

Revelations 22:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelations 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

These verses clearly tell us that God's saints keep the commandments of God. God personally wrote His law with His own Finger and placed His law inside the Most Holy of His Temple. God's laws reflect the very character of our Savior (pure, truth, righteous, love, spiritual, just, good, faithful, great, brings peace, light,) God laws are now written in our heart and mind in the new covenant. Through God's laws we become more like the character of our Savior. God's holy law is PERFECT and the perfect way we show love to God and treat our neighbor. John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3, Deut 20:6

Most people on CF and in todays churches teach we no longer have to keep God's commandments. That the 4th commandment that God told us to Remember and keep holy Exodus 20:8 and is a perpetual covenant Exodus 31:16 is the one commandment we should forget.

These scriptures in Revelations clearly tell us God's saints keep the commandments of God, which include the 4th commandment. You might want to take a look around, because not many churches are keeping the one commandment that has God's seal Name (God) Title (Creator) Territory (Heaven and Earth) Exodus 20:8-11. The book of Revelations where these quotes came from is all about worship. If you do not think the day matters, than God would have never personally included the 4th commandment and than wrote the word "REMEMBER" if you think God intended for us to "forget". Keeping Sabbath holy is how God knows we are His people Ezekiel 20:20 as it is a sign between God and His people. The invitation is to everyone, but few listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What it means is than in my observation, most fringe group members and fringe individuals sound alike to me. Everything you just wote compounds that. The problem is they all claim to be the only ones who know and obey the true Word of God, which means only one fringe group/individual out of several can be right. Now I can devote the rest of my life to trying to find out which fringe group or individual really is the only one that has it right, or I can take my chances with two thousand year old orthodox Christian theology.

Interesting that you say this Brian. Did you know that according to the scriptures the mainstream religion or the majority of the day, stoned and killed the prophets, killed Jesus and the Apostles as well as called Jesus of the devil and His followers a cult? How does that compare with what you have posted above?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And yes I know that SDAs (along with all the other fringe groups/individuals) believe they are the remnant whereas most Christians are pretty much in the same boat as unbelievers. The question is which one of several groups claiming those verses and others like Matthew 7:13-14 apply to them alone are the real remnant?
Brian it is scripture that says that only a remnant will be saved and not the majority (scriptures already posted). Your the one arguing that the majority does not agree therefore the scriptures that have been shared with you are all wrong. If I am being honest with you I do not see logic in that argument in light of the scriptures which is why I shared with you that Gods' people are a remnant and not the majority. God's remnant are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word not a church organization. I thought I was making that very clear in our discussion of the scriptures when I said earlier that I believe the scriptures teach God's people are in every church.
I find it strange that you found the idea of an SDA telling me I was dammed if I didn't join the SDA being wrong, and yet as far as I see, that's what you have ended up saying in this dialogue. If I were a young and vulnerable Christian you probably would have me doubting my salvation and worrying that I should become a member.
I questioned you on this and you told me that no SDA said this to you and I have said no such thing to you in our dialogue. I have only shared the scriptures with you. If you feel condemned by the scriptures shared with you that is not my doing and has never been never my intention. I do not judge you however according to the scriptures it is God's Word that will be our judge come judgment day in the words of Jesus in John 12:47-48 and the scriptures tell us that it is the Holy Spirit working through the Word of God that convicts us of sin and righteousness and of the judgment to come *John 16:8-9. So we should be careful not to harden our heart to hearing and seeing God's Word according to the scriptures.
Or is it more like you are saying only those who measure up as well as you do are the remnant who will be saved?
No Brian it is actually very simple. God's people are all those who believe and follow what Gods' Word says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting that you say this Brian. Did you know that according to the scriptures the mainstream religions of the day, stoned and killed the prophets, killed Jesus and the Apostles as well as called Jesus of the devil and His followers a cult? How does that compare with what you have posted above?

Quite honestly David, it sounds like you've done a good job of convincing yourself that only you and those who measure up to you will be saved.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Quite honestly David, it sounds like you've done a good job of convincing yourself that only you and those who measure up to you will be saved.
Brian, I am not sure how what you have posted here has anything to do with what you are quoting from in your post but thanks anyway. I do not need any convincing and it is in fact quite the opposite. It is the Word of God that has convinced me as I seek to know the truth of God's Word through His Spirit. I believe Gods' Word that's all and by His grace seek to follow what God's Word says. Without him I can do nothing. As Jesus says His sheep hear His voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear do not follow because they are not His sheep according to the words of Jesus in John 10:26-27. These of course are God's Word Brian not mine and I believe and follow them. What is it that I have been sharing with you from the scriptures that you do not believe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brian, thanks but I do not need any convincing and it is in fact quite the opposite. It is the Word of God that has convinced me as I seek to know the truth of God's Word through His Spirit. I believe Gods' Word that's all and by His grace seek to follow what God's Word says. Without him I can do nothing. As Jesus says His sheep hear His voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear do not follow because they are not His sheep according to the words of Jesus in John 10:26-27. These of course are God's Word Brian not mine and I believe and follow them.

This is pretty close to the same thing I've heard from another CF member who believes he's the only person he knows of who truly understands the truth of God's Word and follows what it says. And therefore basically only those who are on the same level of understanding the truth through the Holy Spirit are saved.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is pretty close to the same thing I've heard from another CF member who believes he's the only person he knows of who truly understands the truth of God's Word and follows what it says. And therefore basically only those who are on the same level of understanding the truth through the Holy Spirit are saved.
Goodness Brian I said no such thing. Why are you pretending that I did? Did you read the post you are quoting from?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is no scripture in all of Gods' Word that says Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day"....
Worship on Sunday is neither banned nor justified according to whether Christians use that term or not.

Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Goodness Brian I said no such thing. Did you read the post you are quoting from?

Yes and I gave you my honest conclusion. You seem to believe that "many are called but few are chosen" means that you are the among the few who are chosen. And as you said, you concluded this through your own study of scripture. However, it's not you who came to this conclusion, but rather it came to you through the Holy Spirit. Like I said, that's what I've honestly deduced from what you've said.

Added to that most of Christianity don't hear Jesus and don't follow him and are sons of the devil. Which would include me of course since I stand with them.

I'm sorry, but at this time I don't know what else to to get from what you've said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brian it is scripture that says that only a remnant will be saved and not the majority (scriptures already posted). Your the one arguing that the majority does not agree therefore the scriptures that have been shared with you are all wrong. If I am being honest with you I do not see logic in that argument in light of the scriptures which is why I shared with you that Gods' people are a remnant and not the majority. God's remnant are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word not a church organization. I thought I was making that very clear in our discussion of the scriptures when I said earlier that I believe the scriptures teach God's people are in every church.

What I said/meant is that the majority of the remnant of God's people don't agree with your views regarding Christians and Mosaic Law. Although I'm pretty sure the remnant spoken of are the few among many Jews who accepted Jesus as their Messiah.

What you seem to mean by remnant is like 1% of all Christians (including you).

I questioned you on this and you told me that no SDA said this to you and I have said no such thing to you in our dialogue. I have only shared the scriptures with you. If you feel condemned by the scriptures shared with you that is not my doing and has never been never my intention. I do not judge you however according to the scriptures it is God's Word that will be our judge come judgment day in the words of Jesus in John 12:47-48 and the scriptures tell us that it is the Holy Spirit working through the Word of God that convicts us of sin and righteousness and of the judgment to come *John 16:8-9. So we should be careful not to harden our heart to hearing and seeing God's Word according to the scriptures.

David, a man can make the scriptures say just about anything he wants them to. I'm sure most every false prophet and cult leader has used lots and lots of scripture. I'm pretty sure they all say that what they're teaching is purely God's Holy Word. I'm pretty sure that I could probably cobble together a fairly good false doctrine using nothing but scripture. Now I'm not calling you a false prophet or cult leader or comparing you to one. I'm just saying that someone saying "God's Holy Word" a lot, doesn't automatically mean that are teaching or following sound doctrine.

No Brian it is actually very simple. God's people are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word.

Yes, but in your eyes that could be limited to only those whom you believe are following God's Word. Which could be most Christians, or only 1% of Christians (including you).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟492,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What I said/meant is that the majority of the remnant of God's people don't agree with your views regarding Christians and Mosaic Law. Although I'm pretty sure the remnant spoken of are the few among many Jews who accepted Jesus as their Messiah.

What you seem to mean by remnant is like 1% of all Christians (including you).

David, a man can make the scriptures say just about anything he wants them to. Most every false prophet and cult leader has used lots and lots of scripture. They all say that what they're teaching is purely God's Holy Word. I'm pretty sure that I could probably cobble together a fairly good false theology using nothing but scripture. Now I'm not calling you a false prophet or cult leader or comparing you to one. I'm just saying that someone saying "God's Holy Word" a lot, doesn't automatically mean thet are teaching or following sound doctrine.

Yes, but in your eyes that could be limited to those whom you believe are following God's Word. That could be most Christians, or only 1% of Christians.
What did Jesus say about what the second coming would be like? Matthew 24:37 How many were saved in Noah's days?

Does Jesus teach the majority will find the narrow path or the wide path that leads to destruction? Matthew 7:13

Once you have learned the Truth and refuse to accept God's Word there remains no more sacrifice. Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Breaking any one of God's commandments is considered sin. Many reject the 4th commandment for some reason despite clear scripture, over 170 references in the bible. What this really boils down to is the majority want God on their terms, not God's terms. They want God for the blessings, but they don't really want God. When you love God and seek Him with all your heart, obeying God's laws is something you want to do.

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.”

God personally wrote His will for us on stone and that's why the Ten Commandments is stored in the Most Holy of God's Temple.

We have time now to turn from our sins and ask Jesus for the Holy Spirit to help us obey. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32 Just like the days of Noah there will be a time when the door is shut and it will be too late. God does not ask for much considering all He gives.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟379,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Romans Empire represents the 4th beast. The Catholic Church grew out of the 4th beast and was the little horn speaking great things (Daniel 7:7-27). I can send you some good references if your interested just pm me.
thanks for answering a question that is not in dispute. when mentioned the beast I was referring to Revelation not Daniel

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟379,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Random rambling here. when it comes to fringe group members and fringe individuals. there often seems to be a very similar pattern among them. They go on quite a bit about everything they say is the pure Word of God. That everyone else is going by man-made teaching. Everyone else is wrong to the point where either their salvation is in dangrer or they're not really saved. That most Christians mistakenly think it's okay to sin by breaking God's commandments and still be saved. And so on. And interestingly, a lot of them believe in annihilation of the damned rather than there being a hell of eternal torment.
hey you noticed that did you.very good job. it is quite annoying at it's most tolerable moments. I am right you are wrong. doesn't get you very far on these forums. Telling everyone they are heretics and an apostate,not a way to win friends and influence people. We have a number of them on this thread alone.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟379,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Worship on Sunday is neither banned nor justified according to whether Christians use that term or not.
the way he poses the question is the problem. He still thinks it is an either/or Choice. it is not They did both. this is well attested to in the scripture.

• Useful
Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that there is and needs to be generally unified agreed upon orthodoxy within the collective Body of Christ, to determine what is unorthodox teaching. What Jehovah's Whiteness teaches for example falls into the realm of officially unorthodox based on that.

Whenever I see someone saying or suggesting that the orthodox Body of Christ are equal to the Pharisees in Jesus' time, I figure I'm dealing with someone who's into unsound doctrine. Now SDA is not considered to fall into the realm of unorthodox Christianity. Otherwise SDA members would be precluded from posting here. However like with most denominations, I'm sure there are some members who don't really follow mainstream Seventh Day Adventism and have gone off on a tangent. I realize what I need to do is study the official doctrine of this denomination better to recognize if/when someone is deviating from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.