Why do people strongly dislike Christians?

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do people strongly dislike Christians? Over and over again I constantly hear folks say that they strongly dislike Christians. Why? Jesus' message was one of love. Christians should be loved, not strongly disliked.

anybody?

love,

tuck

I wouldn't say its a universal reason. Most people are just bred to hate Christians. It is infused into them the same way you train an extremist to hate the United States, a child to hate a rival gang. This is cultivated every day. You ask them why they hate Christians so much, they'll probably begin with they're dirty, they're liars, they're stupid, or you just hate them because they have to be hated. The excuse often presented is the crimes committed in the name of God. But people commit crimes in the name of gaining new land. Yet realtors are not stigmatized. People commit crimes in the name of lust, yet inappropriate content stars are the one of the most loved people on the planet. People commit crimes in the name of money, yet if you ask most of them, they have never met a billionare they didnt like. The common denominator here is people, just people, yet they, people, don't hate themselves the same way they hate a Christian.

The size to which Christianity has grown, the chances are somebody, somewhere is going to do you something you don't like. And the chances are they are going to be a Christian. There is the opposing system, where what is held is in conflict with what you hold. And you don't just scream "go redsox" in the middle of times square. As far as they're concerned, this is their land. So they will find a reason to hate a Christian. There are many factors at play and it will manifest itself as unconditional hatred. It has been this way since the dawn. The jaws of lions have been replaced with the tongues of men. But the beat goes on.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, I'm not evil but I do evil practices?
You are what you eat.

I did not originally say you are evil.

I don't hate Christians, I have no problem with people believing what they want.
That's not what you more than amply implied when you defended those who hate Christians as having a pure heart. ^_^

All I was saying is that people who hate Christians just because they are Christians are walking in sin.
What are you saying, that they walk in Light and Love? :blush:

I do however hate people who say I do 'evil practices', when I do nothing of the sort.
Someone who hates another person is practicing evil.

Blah blah blah, darkened heart, etc. Believe it or not, we don't live in a Disney movie, where darkness is spooky and evil, and everything light is beautiful and normally has a choir accompanying it, going "Aaaaaahhhh!".
Darkness is spooky and evil, light and love is beautiful and normally accompanied by a choir of singing angels. :wave:

You say I have a darkened heart, I call it using my brain, I've grown rather fond of my brain, we're close buddies.
I call hating another person to be an action that stems from a wicked heart.

Why is my heart darkened, apart from apparently hating Christians, what other evil practices do I commit?
I don't know, why don't you spill you guts right here?

Why are they evil?
Because they are not born of love.

It's not Christians I have a problem with, it's people who seem to think they are superior to me simply because I don't believe.
I don't consider you inferior because you don't believe.
But I know that hatred of men is not of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ayersy

Friendly Neighborhood Nihilist
Sep 2, 2009
England
✟17,209.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You are what you eat.

Nope, you are what you spew out.
I did not originally say you are evil.

You may as well have done

That's not what you more than amply implied when you defended those who hate Christians as having a pure heart. ^_^

Since when did I say anybody had a 'pure heart'? I never said anything about anybody having a 'dark heart' or a 'pure heart'. A heart is just an organ that pumps blood around your body. Nothing more. Nothing less.

All I was saying is that people who hate Christians just because they are Christians are walking in sin.
What are you saying, that they walk in Light and Love? :blush:

Sin isn't real, so that flies right out of the window.
I'm not saying anybody walks in anything, but really, who is more hateful;

A) Myself, a nihilist, who is perfectly happy for people to believe whatever they want, just so long as they keep it to themselves, and don't try to force it on others.

B) The Westboro Baptist Church, who picket soldiers funerals and tell everybody that God hates them.

Out of those 2 examples, who would you say is more hateful, or has a 'darker heart'? Do the people of the WBC 'walk in light and love'?

Someone who hates another person is practicing evil.

Most people hate murderers and rapists, does that mean ALL those people are practicing evil?

Hate is just a normal emotion, one that most humans feel, at some point in their lives. There is nothing wrong with it, unless you let it become a large part of your life. For example, I hate my ex-girlfriend, who cheated on me, and I also hate my "friend" who she cheated on me with. This is natural, and it's not a problem, I leave them alone, I try not to think about it, it's not evil in the slightest.

Hate is only evil if it leads you to do evil things, such as terrorism, or picketing soldiers funerals.

I've never done anything evil, so no, I don't practice evil.

Darkness is spooky and evil, light and love is beautiful and normally accompanied by a choir of singing angels. :wave:

Nope, we need darkness so that we can get to sleep at night. A perpetually light world would drive us insane. We also need light so that we can see.

Darkness has really gotten a bad rep for no reason.

I call hating another person to be an action that stems from a wicked heart.

I call hating another person to be a natural human emotion. So long as nothing bad comes of that hate, then it doesn't matter.

I don't know, why don't you spill you guts right here?

I don't consider myself to do anything evil.

I give to charities, I help people who need help (For instance, the other day, I helped an old lady across the road, woo.), I've never physically assaulted someone, I don't lie, I've never cheated, I've never stolen, I've never intentionally hurt anybody, and if I have, I've apologised for it.

Does that seem evil to you?

Unless you consider heavy drinking evil, in which case there's one for you.

Because they are not born of love.

That's not for you to say.

I don't consider you inferior because you don't believe.
But I know that hatred of men is not of God.

Nothing is of God. :cool:

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*snip*
Sin isn't real, so that flies right out of the window.
If sin isn't real, then why do you hate your ex?

You see, it's all fine and dandy for you to sit here and spout nonesense until it comes to your front doorstep, and then you realize it for what it is.

Any thief will say he doesn't find anything 'wrong' with stealing until someone steals from him! :doh:

I'm not saying anybody walks in anything, but really, who is more hateful;
Yes, yes you are. See my first statement.

Was your ex walking in love when she cheated on you?
Lust mayhaps, but not love, surely.

Most people hate murderers and rapists, does that mean ALL those people are practicing evil?
Any murderer will say that there's nothing wrong with what he does until someone attempts to murder him.. Just as any rapist will say that there's nothing wrong with what he does until someone rapes him!

Morality is ingrain into the very fibre of our being because we are made in the Image of God.

*snip*
I call hating another person to be a natural human emotion. So long as nothing bad comes of that hate, then it doesn't matter.
Something bad always comes of hating another person. For starters, the loss of relationship.

That's not for you to say.
1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I give to charities, I help people who need help (For instance, the other day, I helped an old lady across the road, woo.), I've never physically assaulted someone, I don't lie, I've never cheated, I've never stolen, I've never intentionally hurt anybody, and if I have, I've apologised for it.
2 Cor 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ayersy

Friendly Neighborhood Nihilist
Sep 2, 2009
England
✟17,209.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If sin isn't real, then why do you hate your ex?

That's hardly proof of sin, now, is it?

I hate her because she betrayed me, lied to me, and even rubbed it in my face, after I forgave her. She treated me like crap, and for some reason I tend to get angry when people treat me like crap.

She didn't sin, she just has no respect for other people's feelings, therefore, I am against that.

You see, it's all fine and dandy for you to sit here and spout nonesense until it comes to your front doorstep, and then you realize it for what it is.

I'm spouting the pure simple truth, not nonsense. What came to my front doorstep? Being cheated on? Believe it or not, I've kinda always been against that whole 'lying and cheating' thing, because it hurts people, and personally I believe that hurting people isn't a good thing.

Any thief will say he doesn't find anything 'wrong' with stealing until someone steals from him! :doh:

What exactly are you getting at here? Are you somehow insinuating that I thought lying and cheating were okay until it happened to me? If you are, then you're wrong, and you're again judging me without knowing me. If you're not, then you're just speaking in pointless metaphors.

Though people who say they don't see these things as wrong are just saying it to justify their actions and rationalize what they do so they don't feel bad. Which is exactly what my girlfriend did.

Yes, yes you are. See my first statement.

I'm seriously more hateful than the WBC? Please clarify what on earth you are on about here.

I find it hard to believe that I'm worse than them for hating people who have personally wronged me, than people who hate an entire group of people for something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form.

Was your ex walking in love when she cheated on you?
Lust mayhaps, but not love, surely.

See, this is the problem with all this nonsense. People speak in metaphors and language which isn't plain. What exactly IS "walking in love"?

To clarify, she said she loved me, I definitely loved her, she cheated on me, I forgave her, she said she still loved me, I still loved her, she said she didn't love me, then she lied to me for months on end about what was going on. I'll leave it up to you to decide what it was exactly she was 'walking in'.

In the midst of this, I was a depressed, drunken mess. I didn't know what was going on, and I was suffering for it.

That's why I'm hateful of her, she made me suffer, for no good reason. It's justified.

Any murderer will say that there's nothing wrong with what he does until someone attempts to murder him.. Just as any rapist will say that there's nothing wrong with what he does until someone rapes him!

Again, self rationalization.

Morality is ingrain into the very fibre of our being because we are made in the Image of God.

Morality is a man-made system of control. It's a necessary one, without it, the human race would have died out eons ago.

Something bad always comes of hating another person. For starters, the loss of relationship.

It helps me deal with it, it also helps me make good decisions. If I didn't hate them, I'd still be friends with her, still possibly be in love with her, and she'd still be treating me like garbage. It's because of my hate that we don't see each other anymore. If we were still around each other, somebody would get hurt. In this scenario my hate is actually stopping suffering. It's a logical emotion.

1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

2 Cor 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Blah blah, quoting passages at me means nothing, since I don't believe the Bible to be the word of God. All that means is that someone felt like writing those passages in the Bible, and some people take it seriously. I don't.

Believe me, I know love. Just as I know hate.

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seemed, and I might be wrong regarding your understanding as opposed to what was inclined through the statement being made, that God's love was inconceivable to our puny minds. I don't think you meant that, but I wanted to correct the statement moreso than anything else.

A more appropriate response I believe is that love can be defined, and has been defined for humans to understand via the means of God. The true depth as to how far this extenuates is only understood by God.

There is knowledge that can be understood as a gift from the Holy Spirit that can not be explained using words.

love,

tuck

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Though our minds have a finite understanding of love, our hearts are able to fully express it and experience it. Human Beings, more than any other of God's Creations are made to respond to Love. In the potential of Love, I feel that God has blessed His Human Creation.

that was well said!

love,

tuck

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look past "definitions" and open your heart to Love. What do you feel? Better yet, open your heart in Love to Humanity in the way that Jesus does...what do you feel in that expanded love?

I feel my immune system kicking in :) The emotion love stimulates the "thymus gland", :) the work horse of the immune system. No love of something, no immune system. And the more that one feels love, the healthier their immune system is.

just love,

tuck

Upvote 0

He's Coming Soon

Servant of JEHOVAH SHAMMAH
Aug 8, 2010
Ashland, Or. USA
Visit site
✟15,314.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
a rose by any other name would smell so sweet.
my savior wasn't a Christian and rocked the world to it's foundation.

John 15:18-21
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you... If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you... because they do not know Him who sent Me."

John 16:1-4
“These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. They will put you out of the synagogues [today it might be from churches]; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me. But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them."

John 17:14-18
"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one."

Galatians 5:11
"And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You haven't demonstrated a true language barrier though. It doesn't mean that the context of an Aramaic sentence can not be presented into Greek, any more or less so than it demonstrates that the Arabic language can not be translated in its context and intent into English. This is a postmodernistic argument, which as its principles, is self refuting.

you should see what happens to English when it is translated in to Chinese :)

love,

tuck

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Or maybe they just hate Christians because you insult them so much, and then try to appear as arrogant as possible by putting a smiley face at the end.

A good question would be why do you dislike them so much? Hate breeds hate.

Hey guys :) Sith is talking about me :)

I am one of the reasons why our CF message board Atheists do not like Christians. sorry about that, I think :)

just love (for sure!),

tuck :)

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's hardly proof of sin, now, is it?
For me mabey, but not for you. For you were adversely affected by this womans inconsideration.

I hate her because she betrayed me, lied to me, and even rubbed it in my face, after I forgave her. She treated me like crap, and for some reason I tend to get angry when people treat me like crap.
The reason is because you know it is and was wrong.

She didn't sin, she just has no respect for other people's feelings, therefore, I am against that.
What do you think sin is? Some offense against God or some offense against man?

I tell you, it's against men and God takes offense because it is so.

I'm spouting the pure simple truth, not nonsense.
You're denying the very imperical evidence you set forth.. And that is nonsensical.

What came to my front doorstep? Being cheated on?
Precisely.

Believe it or not, I've kinda always been against that whole 'lying and cheating' thing, because it hurts people, and personally I believe that hurting people isn't a good thing.
But I wasn't examining your moral nature in this case, I was looking into what you perceived to be sin that was committed against you.

What exactly are you getting at here? Are you somehow insinuating that I thought lying and cheating were okay until it happened to me?
Morals are learned by experience.. Morality is ingrained.

We learn what is is to be happy as we learn what it is to be sad.

If you are, then you're wrong, and you're again judging me without knowing me. If you're not, then you're just speaking in pointless metaphors.
I don't believe anything I say here will be pointless.

Though people who say they don't see these things as wrong are just saying it to justify their actions and rationalize what they do so they don't feel bad. Which is exactly what my girlfriend did.
People feel bad because they perceive they've sinned.

Job 35:5-8
Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than thou. If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? or if thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him? If thou be righteous, what givest thou him? or what receiveth he of thine hand? Thy wickedness may hurt a man as thou art; and thy righteousness may profit the son of man.
I'm seriously more hateful than the WBC? Please clarify what on earth you are on about here.
I'd like to know the same thing. What are you harping about hon?

You said "I'm not saying anybody walks in anything"
And I said "If sin isn't real, then why do you hate your ex?"

You are walking in hatred towards your ex, holding unforgiveness in your heart and cherishing bitterness. Ergo, what she did to you, you perceive as sin against you.. harmful against you.. And is it true?

While I understand that 'sin' might not be a everyday word in your vocabulary, seeing as you have been on CF for quite some time, I do not doubt you've come to know what it is. Why do you deny she sinned against you, but for symantecs?

I find it hard to believe that I'm worse than them for hating people who have personally wronged me, than people who hate an entire group of people for something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form.
Did I say you were worse?
Worse for wear, damaged, certainly, but not a worse 'person'.
Even as an infant is not a worse person for his insufficiency.

See, this is the problem with all this nonsense. People speak in metaphors and language which isn't plain. What exactly IS "walking in love"?
What is love if not faithfulness (eg;fidelity)?

For you to say you hate this 'ex', I would say you are walking in hate.
Does this help with your definition?

To clarify, she said she loved me, I definitely loved her, she cheated on me, I forgave her, she said she still loved me, I still loved her, she said she didn't love me, then she lied to me for months on end about what was going on. I'll leave it up to you to decide what it was exactly she was 'walking in'.
Faithlessness (infidelity).

In the midst of this, I was a depressed, drunken mess. I didn't know what was going on, and I was suffering for it.
I don't doubt you were.

That's why I'm hateful of her, she made me suffer, for no good reason. It's justified.
Says you.

Is it right that she was faithless, no way!
But is it right that you should hate another human being, no way!

Again, self rationalization.
And self rationalization does not equate to actualization.

We only see things from our (limited) perspective.

Morality is a man-made system of control. It's a necessary one, without it, the human race would have died out eons ago.
And this after you just finished telling us how you always did what was right?

I don't get it, why all the hoopla if you only go on to deny your own thesis?

It helps me deal with it, it also helps me make good decisions.
You can, rather, lay it at the Lord's feet.. And it can stay there, at the foot of the Cross.

If I didn't hate them, I'd still be friends with her, still possibly be in love with her, and she'd still be treating me like garbage. It's because of my hate that we don't see each other anymore. If we were still around each other, somebody would get hurt. In this scenario my hate is actually stopping suffering. It's a logical emotion.
Indeed.

Blah blah, quoting passages at me means nothing, since I don't believe the Bible to be the word of God.
Yet, you are on a Christian forum hon, please show some respect.

If you go into an uncles house and he prays over his meal, you bow your head, out of respect. Don't you? You who say you always do what is right? :sorry:

If you invite me into your house, I will pray over my meal silently. :wave:

But if you come into a bears den, prepare to be ravaged. :D

All that means is that someone felt like writing those passages in the Bible, and some people take it seriously. I don't.
You don't have to, but it is proper to show respect for those who do.

Believe me, I know love. Just as I know hate.
And these you have learned through your moral nature. Good and evil.. Right and wrong.

Upvote 0

He's Coming Soon

Servant of JEHOVAH SHAMMAH
Aug 8, 2010
Ashland, Or. USA
Visit site
✟15,314.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Citing our negative reactions to anti-social behaviour as proof of "sin" makes about as much sense as citing our negative reaction to inedible food as conclusive evidence that bad tastes are metaphysical in nature.

interesting thought ... however ...
Sin is any deliberate action, attitude, or thought that goes against God. You may think of sin as an obvious act, such as murder, adultery, or theft. Although that's true, sin is also wrongdoing that's far subtler and even unnoticeable at times, such as pride, envy, or even worry. Sin includes both things you shouldn't have done, but did (sins of commission) and things you should've done, but didn't (sins of omission).
The Bible is pretty outspoken on the yucky stuff that layers onto the hearts of all people. Check out these verses:

• "I was sinful at birth, filled with sin from the time my mother conceived me" (Psalm 51:5).

• "There is no one righteous, not even one . . . there is no one who does good, not even one" (Psalm 14:1–3).

• "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

• "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately corrupt" (Jeremiah 17:9).
The Bible is positive when it comes to talking about God and his plans, but, it's continually the bearer of bad news when it comes to the hearts of humans. This bad news surfaces in two ways in people's lives.
Though humans can commit thousands of particular sins, you can usually lump them all into one of two camps: sins of impulse and sins of the heart.
Sins of impulse are often what come to mind when you think about sin. The typical scenario is:
1. I see something.
2. I want it.
3. So I take it.
That impulsive desire to own, control, or destroy is what leads to adultery, murder, theft, addictions, or excessive anger or rage. Impulsive sins are usually brought on by emotion, and when you allow it, emotions can control you and take you on an irrational road trip.
Impulsive sins are often considered the worst type of sins, but a second kind of sin, although subtler, is even deadlier — these are called sins of the heart (or spiritual sins). Spiritual sins are the sins that don't show up on the outside of a person (such as a blatant action, like theft), but harbor themselves deep inside the heart. Selfishness, jealousy, envy, bitterness, hypocrisy, and deceit are all sins that can be masked on the outside, but carve a hole into one's soul the longer they're allowed to live inside of a person.
Christians often consider pride the most dangerous sin of them all. Ironically, today's society considers pride a positive trait ("take pride in yourself," "hometown pride," and so on). Although confidence in yourself and appreciation of your hometown aren't bad qualities, selfish pride is. It causes you to become consumed with your wants, your needs, your happiness, and your rights and to place them as more important than God and others. Pride also serves as a trigger for sins that seem initially like impulsive sins, such as lust, but are actually motivated by a spiritual condition. You can want something, not for animal-like reasons, but purely out of selfishness. Mine, mine, all mine.
A common saying that helps reinforce that pride is at the root of all sin is that "I" is at the center of "sin."
Jesus spent his entire ministry hovering between these two camps of sin (while remaining sinless himself). On one side were the impulsive sinners. The religious leaders labeled all prostitutes, dishonest tax collectors, drunkards, rabble-rousers, and so on as "sinners". On the other side were the spiritual sinners. This group was, ironically enough, composed primarily of the religious leaders of the day, called the Pharisees and the teachers of law. Although outwardly the Pharisees looked like they had their act together, Jesus referred to them as "whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but filled with dead man's bones" (Matthew 23:27). In other words, the Pharisees were concerned with looking holy rather than being holy. Their pride showed up in the legalistic attitude that they had as they scorned the people who were beneath them in the religious hierarchy. Not only did they not love others, but Jesus made it clear that they also didn't love God. :o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Maybe we can get the Christians to see what we mean when we give them the opportunity to view their own stance from the outside?

Imagine that the OP had been written by a Leninist, asking why people have such a strong dislike for Communists.

Imagine then that another communist had answered: "It's because of their greedy and evil nature. They don't want to share what they have with the needy, having been indoctrinated to become selfish, self-obsessed consumerist puppets. Unless they are brought to see the truth at last, they are counter-revolutionary agents who will sabotage the Greater Good with everything they have."

Would you say that you and your stance have been correctly gauged by that assessment? Why do you think might a communist hold on to such a judgment about you? What does it tell you about her and her beliefs? And most importantly of all: would you like her, knowing that she thinks that way about you, only acknowledging you as a full-fledged human being if you convert to her point of view?

Upvote 0

tucker58

Jesus is Lord
Aug 30, 2007
✟10,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Citing our negative reactions to anti-social behaviour as proof of "sin" makes about as much sense as citing our negative reaction to inedible food as conclusive evidence that bad tastes are metaphysical in nature.

Some of the things that you say are so right on! But I am a Christian and am not allowed to say that :)

love you,

tuck

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 2:14-15
(for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them);

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Romans 2:14-15
(for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them);

As I said: Our "basic" moral impulses are about as metaphysical as our desire to seek food when hungry, or seeking out a rest room when feeling the need to relieve ourselves.

There are only so many ways in which you could sustain a functional society. No supernatural agent is necessary to explain that.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said: Our "basic" moral impulses are about as metaphysical as our desire to seek food when hungry, or seeking out a rest room when feeling the need to relieve ourselves.

There are only so many ways in which you could sustain a functional society. No supernatural agent is necessary to explain that.
There most definately is a supernatural Agent necessary in matters of morality.. If you're willing to actually think about it.

Upvote 0