Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

God multiply your seed that is sown.
Where does it say seed (tithes) is your merits for multiplication?

Where does it say multiplication is based on your merits (tithes)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you diverting the question from Father cutting you off TO turning away from Him?

Secondly do you believe Christ preserves the faith He begun according to Luke 22:32?

Do you have faith in Christ's preserving power?

He will if we act in cooperation with Him. What is your interpretation of John 15:1-10?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean to say you chose to begin your faith or Jesus begin it according to Hebrews 12:1,2?

In my case God pushed me into a corner where the only way out was thru Him, but I could’ve chosen to continue to rebel against Him and never accept Christ.

I’ll ask again what is your interpretation of John 15:1-10?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
In my case God pushed me into a corner where the only way out was thru Him, but I could’ve chosen to continue to rebel against Him and never accept Christ.

I’ll ask again what is your interpretation of John 15:1-10?
God pushed me into a corner where the only way out was thru Him, but I could’ve chosen to continue to rebel

How could you rebel if He cornered you so you had no way out?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

God multiply your seed that is sown.

Are tithes given from the multiplication (abundance) already given based on Christ's merit OR is giving tithes refers to our merit based on which financial multiplication (abundance) happens?

In short, is tithes-giving our merit & the basis by which financial multiplication happens?

The question isn't about multiplication but about whose merits the multiplication is based on, Christ's or tithe-givers.

Aren't many hearers led to trust their merits of sowing tithes for multiplication?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are tithes given from the multiplication (abundance) already given based on Christ's merit OR is giving tithes refers to our merit based on which financial multiplication (abundance) happens?

In short, is tithes-giving our merit & the basis by which financial multiplication happens?

The question isn't about multiplication but about whose merits the multiplication is based on, Christ's or tithe-givers.

Aren't many hearers led to trust their merits of sowing tithes for multiplication?

personally I think you are overly complicating the matter.

I believe God honours all who willingly give to him, regardless of the initial motivation why.

like the parable of the prodigal son, the son went back to the father based on his desire for food. Yet because he took the first step to return to the father, the latter poured out all love to him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How could you rebel if He cornered you so you had no way out?

I could’ve chosen to continue in my sin and continued to live without His blessings. That’s what I had been doing for 38 years already. I decided to make a change because my life was sad & lonely.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
personally I think you are overly complicating the matter.

I believe God honours all who willingly give to him, regardless of the initial motivation why.

like the parable of the prodigal son, the son went back to the father based on his desire for food. Yet because he took the first step to return to the father, the latter poured out all love to him

Is faith in Christ's merit a complication?

Are you trying to simplify truth to the extent you won't acknowledge Christ's merit as the basis for financial returns? Does that simplification please God?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I could’ve chosen to continue in my sin and continued to live without His blessings. That’s what I had been doing for 38 years already. I decided to make a change because my life was sad & lonely.
Who gave you a mind (contrary to mentally ill people who can't know what's sin) to know what is sin and the desire to live with His blessings?

Did you pray for the Lord to begin faith in you?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is faith in Christ's merit a complication?

Are you trying to simplify truth to the extent you won't acknowledge Christ's merit as the basis for financial returns? Does that simplification please God?

It’s a good practice to give to the lord.

There is no need to overly complicate the matter by splitting hair over the exact thinking behind the giving

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It’s a good practice to give to the lord.

There is no need to overly complicate the matter by splitting hair over the exact thinking behind the giving

Is it good practise to give without pleasing God by faith in His Son's merits?

Is pleasing God by faith overly complicating & hair-splitting?

Don't non-christians give more than you do? What makes you different from them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it good practise to give without pleasing God by faith in His Son's merits?

Is pleasing God by faith overly complicating & hair-splitting?

Don't non-christians give more than you do? What makes you different from them?

non Christians own God a sin debt. We won’t because we accepted Jesus payment of that debt

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who gave you a mind (contrary to mentally ill people who can't know what's sin) to know what is sin and the desire to live with His blessings?

Did you pray for the Lord to begin faith in you?

I new what sin was long before I came to Christ. I believe that is something we inherited from Adam and Eve when they ate from the tree of knowledge, they knew both good and evil. Iranaeus speaks about this in his writing Adversus Haereses written in 170AD.

1. Man has received the knowledge of good and evil. It is good to obey God, and to believe in Him, and to keep His commandment, and this is the life of man; as not to obey God is evil, and this is his death. Since God, therefore, gave [to man] such mental power (magnanimitatem) man knew both the good of obedience and the evil of disobedience, that the eye of the mind, receiving experience of both, may with judgment make choice of the better things; and that he may never become indolent or neglectful of God's command; and learning by experience that it is an evil thing which deprives him of life, that is, disobedience to God, may never attempt it at all, but that, knowing that what preserves his life, namely, obedience to God, is good, he may diligently keep it with all earnestness. Wherefore he has also had a twofold experience, possessing knowledge of both kinds, that with discipline he may make choice of the better things. But how, if he had no knowledge of the contrary, could he have had instruction in that which is good? For there is thus a surer and an undoubted comprehension of matters submitted to us than the mere surmise arising from an opinion regarding them. For just as the tongue receives experience of sweet and bitter by means of tasting, and the eye discriminates between black and white by means of vision, and the ear recognises the distinctions of sounds by hearing; so also does the mind, receiving through the experience of both the knowledgeof what is good, become more tenacious of its preservation, by acting in obedience to God: in the first place, casting away, by means of repentance, disobedience, as being something disagreeable and nauseous; and afterwards coming to understand what it really is, that it is contrary to goodness and sweetness, so that the mind may never even attempt to taste disobedience to God. But if any one do shun the knowledge of both these kinds of things, and the twofold perception of knowledge, he unawares divests himself of the character of a human being.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
non Christians own God a sin debt. We won’t because we accepted Jesus payment of that debt

So why is Christ's merits based on which financial multiplication happens, not confessed & taught?

Why are people taught the seed of tithes instead of the true seed which is Christ's merits in the cross?

Do you mean to say you don't need to maintain any difference in confession from the non-Christians in the area of giving?

Last edited:
Upvote 0