sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you are blessed only for the sake of Christ's perfect works, aren't you giving seed money because you are "already blessed" and not "to be" blessed?

that is true and should be the motivation. But the principle Paul gave in 2 cor 9:6 is still one that God instilled

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
that is true and should be the motivation. But the principle Paul gave in 2 cor 9:6 is still one that God instilled
However, are many hearers taught to give money as seed instead of only believe in Christ's perfect love on the cross as the seed for their financial returns?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
My church is only about 80-100 people so we're pretty much just a normal sized church and not a megachurch that tells people that if they tithe to the organization then God will bless them with all kinds of money. I really like how Dave Ramsey explains what tithing is all about. Tithing is just simply giving back to God what he has already given to us. Tithing to me is a covenant made between You, God, and the Church. God of course supplies all of our needs but he uses the church and the congregants to do it. Essentially what I'm saying is that the church takes care of our spiritual needs and even at times our physical needs and in response we give back to the church. To really just sum it up what I'm basically saying is that if you take care of the church then they will help to take care of you.

if you take care of the church then they will help to take care of you

Does the church take care of me only if I take care of the church OR the church takes care of me because God has already provided everything for me through the church only for the sake of Christ who lived a perfectly holy life till His death?

Do I take care of the church to earn their care for me OR because God has already provided free care for me through the church only for the sake of Christ?

Upvote 0

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does the church take care of me only if I take care of the church OR the church takes care of me because God has already provided everything for me through the church only for the sake of Christ who lived a perfectly holy life till His death?

Do I take care of the church to earn their care for me OR because God has already provided free care for me through the church only for the sake of Christ?
To make a very long story short God takes care of you overall. The church is just one instrument in which he can do that. We give back to God as a reminder of all the great things he's given us

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the sermon on the mount teach you to accuse others as "greedy" while you are imperfect in love?

Does it teach you not accuse others & check your own eye first?
Read it and find out for yourself.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is the issue about your turning away from Him OR the Father cutting you off? Why are you confusing?

Don't you trust in Christ to keep you from being cut off by the Father? Do you trust in your works of yielding fruits to keep you from being cut off by the Father?

Where does it say that Christ will keep someone from turning away from Him in the scriptures? If that were the case then no one would be able to fail to remain in Him.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, are many hearers taught to give money as seed instead of only believe in Christ's perfect love on the cross as the seed for their financial returns?

Different pastors may have different revelations about giving. Don't hold it against them. All of us need time to grow in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Where does it say that Christ will keep someone from turning away from Him in the scriptures? If that were the case then no one would be able to fail to remain in Him.

Why are you diverting the question from Father cutting you off TO turning away from Him?

Secondly do you believe Christ preserves the faith He begun according to Luke 22:32?

Do you have faith in Christ's preserving power?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Different pastors may have different revelations about giving. Don't hold it against them. All of us need time to grow in the Lord.
So do you say they need to grow in the understanding of faith?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I won’t say that to their face. All of us have different strengths.

I try to view them from their strengths instead.

So are you saying you are withholding the truth from others regarding Christ's perfect sacrifice which is the seed and that tithes is not the seed?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you saying you are withholding the truth from others regarding Christ's perfect sacrifice which is the seed and that tithes is not the seed?

A person must come to the truth In his own time.

And I won’t be so arrogant to assume that my own version is the truth

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
A person must come to the truth In his own time.

And I won’t be so arrogant to assume that my own version is the truth

Is it arrogance to proclaim Christ's perfect sacrifice as the seed and that tithes is not the seed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It’s not mutually exclusive. Paul said God will multiply the seeds For sowing in 2 cor 8 and 9

So you mean to say your tithes which is your seed earns financial returns from God? So you don't need faith in the seed of Christ's perfect sacrifice for financial returns?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you mean to say your tithes which is your seed earns financial returns from God? So you don't need faith in the seed of Christ's perfect sacrifice for financial returns?

2 cor 9:10 explain about seed for sowing and bread for eating

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say God multiplies seed and bread based on your merits?

Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

God multiply your seed that is sown.

Upvote 0