Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Tell me, lamberth, can your god guarantee his children a utopian future?
My relationship with my Beloved God is now. I do not live for any after death beliefs. Nor do I live for guarantees other than enjoying life today and living it to the fullest. For myself, it's about having God as my reality, today where the Divine expression is needed the most. If I look honestly, I have no idea what happens after death. That would only be a "belief" anyway. So I have left any of that stuff completely up to my Beloved. What I do know for certain is that the Glory of the Presence of God is everywhere I look. That's what I live for. I do not live for after life concepts that we have no idea of. God is alive, vibrant and full of moisture right here, right now! That's what I live for, period!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My relationship with my Beloved God is now.
Noted.

Has "your Beloved God" guaranteed you a utopian future though?

I'm assuming he hasn't, or you would have said so.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Noted.

Has "your Beloved God" guaranteed you a utopian future though?

I'm assuming he hasn't, or you would have said so.
if that’s important to you, yes. But that’s not what this is about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if that’s important to you, yes.
Can you show me, so I can see it too?

Because all I see is your god falling apart at the seams.

And my God says your god is going to get totaled soon.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others

OK.
Your God is better than my God.
You win!

Now...back to having God as one's reality in life, TODAY, where He is needed the most.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you faked an entire genealogy, would you defend it to the death?

Why do you think the people willing to die for it are the ones that invented it?

Lots of people have been willing to die for beliefs that were invented by others.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you think the people willing to die for it are the ones that invented it?

Lots of people have been willing to die for beliefs that were invented by others.
I take it you don't think Luke:
  1. wrote Luke
  2. was martyred

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Right. Then died for writing it? not to mention those who died for believing it?
Did he believe in Jesus?

Maybe he died for believing in Jesus ... as opposed to dying for writing a fake genealogy.

Besides, you weren't there. You have no idea what Luke was thinking when he wrote the genealogy or when he was being martyred.

Oh, wait. He wasn't martyred was he? He lived to the ripe old age of 84, which was positively ancient in those times, settling in Greece to write his gospel.

IOW Luke didn't "die for writing it".

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Wow.

So your Christian argument is "my dad can beat up your dad"?

How philosophical.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow.

So your Christian argument is "my dad can beat up your dad"?

How philosophical.
Theological.

God vs gods of Egypt

Exodus 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

God vs Baal

1 Kings 18:24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.
25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.

God vs Dagon

1 Samuel 5:1 And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.
2 When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.
3 And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.
4 And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.
5 Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.

God vs Panentheism

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The question is, the ones who do not believe the witnesses in the Bible. Do you have enough knowledge about events in the Bible, to be able to recognized fulfillment of prophecy. Just in case you are around when these events (rapture, tribulation, etc...) began to happen.

• Prayers
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Lol. “My god can beat up your god.”

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The question is, the ones who do not believe the witnesses in the Bible. Do you have enough knowledge about events in the Bible, to be able to recognized fulfillment of prophecy. Just in case you are around when these events (rapture, tribulation, etc...) began to happen.
Knowledge of the bible is one of the reasons I no longer believe.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Theological.
Philosophical.

If there are multiple gods in which to believe, how can you determine which are the ones to believe in? And how can you determine that they are real?

Obviously, for most Christians (and most believers in religion) the answer is "the one in the book my parents told me to read", or something similar.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well, we have enough knowledge about "events in the Bible" and actual history to know that many of the events in the Bible (the OT) did NOT happen, and the rapture/tribulation. etc. prophesy has been a no show for 2000+ years, so ...

It always amazes me that so many fundamentalist evangelicals are so desperate for the rapture/tribulation/etc. to happen. It's like "yes, I want to experience the horrific destruction of the entire Cosmos to happen soon. It will be so wonderful!"

• Agree
Upvote 0