Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Any thoughts?

I have several thoughts on this:

Firstly, your thread title sentence is grammatically incorrect. In the context of the sentence, “Atheist” should be in the plural form “Atheists”. If however it was your intention to refer to an individual named “Atheist” then “Do” should be rendered as ”Does”. May one respectfully suggest you exercise a tad more care when formulating sentences?

I would further suggest that your title relies on the unsupported assumption that atheists do, in fact Get Up In The Morning. Many may Get Up but many may not. We simply don’t know. A Citation would be appropriate here. Unsupported stereotyping is to be avoided.

Finally your excessive use of Capital Letters to prefix all words in the sentence is suggestive of an Obsessive Inclination. You might consider Talking To Someone About This.

I think that’s about it.

Ohh... why do I (an Atheist) get up in the morning? In my case I think the desperate urge to void ones bladder provides the necessary and reasonable motivation.

OB

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have several thoughts on this:

Firstly, your thread title sentence is grammatically incorrect. In the context of the sentence, “Atheist” should be in the plural form “Atheists”. If however it was your intention to refer to an individual named “Atheist” then “Do” should be rendered as ”Does”. May one respectfully suggest you exercise a tad more care when formulating sentences?

I would further suggest that your title relies on the unsupported assumption that atheists do, in fact Get Up In The Morning. Many may Get Up but many may not. We simply don’t know. A Citation would be appropriate here. Unsupported stereotyping is to be avoided.

Finally your excessive use of Capital Letters to prefix all words in the sentence is suggestive of an Obsessive Inclination. You might consider Talking To Someone About This.

I think that’s about it.

Ohh... why do I (an Atheist) get up in the morning? In my case I think the desperate urge to void ones bladder provides the necessary and reasonable motivation.

OB
Aye, but that brings up a more interesting question...

Why do Atheist drink?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Aye, but that brings up a more interesting question...

Why do Atheist drink?

That's easy -

If all be true that I do think,
There are five reasons we should drink:
Good wine, a friend, or being dry,
Or lest we should be by and by,
...or any other reason why.

Henry Aldrich (1647-1710) - a theologian
OB

• Haha
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The cat will dance on my forehead until she gets fed.
Mine has learnt to pull back the blanket or pillow I'm using to hide my head and then deftly claw the bit of my lips which meet the skin to painful effect.

Upvote 0