bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. - Matthew 10:29

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? - Luke 12:6

The animals will not be forgotten before God.

Then who caused the suffering of that autistic dog
If God is not responsible for this dog suffering, then why animals suffer?
Jesus died for our sins as all these sorrows and troubles fundamentally caused by Adam and Eve sin

So if Jesus died for us and Adam and Eve Original Sin caused all the suffering for humans and animals then none of the animals should suffer as Jesus died already

I think I am not convinced and understood the reason behind animal suffering

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,788.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Then who caused the suffering of that autistic dog
If God is not responsible for this dog suffering, then why animals suffer?
Jesus died for our sins as all these sorrows and troubles fundamentally caused by Adam and Eve sin

So if Jesus died for us and Adam and Eve Original Sin caused all the suffering for humans and animals then none of the animals should suffer as Jesus died already

I think I am not convinced and understood the reason behind animal suffering

A terrible price, I believe, for the current reality.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not against just punishment for a crime. I am highly against an entire race, let alone all creation, being punished for something that two ignorant people did that never would have happened if a tree hadn't

So I think I cannot agree with you because god has clearly commanded Adam and Eve to not to eat that fruit which is Satanic influenced and God has given them everything. And Adam and Eve committed sin by disobeying God Commandment. Sin existed in this world as a form of Lucifer who fell down from from heaven. So that sin existed as a form of Lucifer before Adam and Eve were created. Lucifer has cheated Adam and Eve and made them to eat that fruit. It appears that Adam and Eve were innocent but that is not fact, because they consciously knowingly committed sin to to become like God. This is a big sin

Man having dominion over the animals, makes man responsible for their suffering.

I agree but man is saved by Jesus. And animals should also be saved as a result of Jesus crucifixion

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking as one who has a cat currently dying of inoperable cancer:

Going by age alone, my 11-year-old cat could have had at least another five or ten years left in him, if he had stayed healthy. We raised him from a kitten. This hurts. The only thing I can say as to why God allows this kind of thing to happen is, I don't know why He allows this kind of thing to happen. But I'm going to trust that He has His reasons, and that one day I will understand. It's the same as parents and teachers allowing us to go through things that feel wrong or unpleasant or unfair to us, but in the end it turns out to be to our benefit. Exercises, for example, or chores, or eating our vegetables, or going back and doing something again and again until we get it right. That's frustrating to a child, and the child doesn't like it and doesn't think the parent or teacher is acting in love. But the parent or teacher actually is.

How this will work out for good, I don't know yet, but I think it will.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So I think I cannot agree with you because god has clearly commanded Adam and Eve to not to eat that fruit which is Satanic influenced and God has given them everything. And Adam and Eve committed sin by disobeying God Commandment. Sin existed in this world as a form of Lucifer who fell down from from heaven. So that sin existed as a form of Lucifer before Adam and Eve were created. Lucifer has cheated Adam and Eve and made them to eat that fruit. It appears that Adam and Eve were innocent but that is not fact, because they consciously knowingly committed sin to to become like God. This is a big sin

I agree but man is saved by Jesus. And animals should also be saved as a result of Jesus crucifixion

Lucifer was not Satan and never was. Lucifer was just a term for a Babylonian king in a proverb (it even directly stated as such) but people think it's Satan because they just cherrypick verses of Isaiah 14 that they then claim applies to someone it doesn't because what they were led to believe doesn't match contextual reality.

And the serpent in Genesis was never anything more than a serpent. The punishment to slither on the ground would make no sense if it was punishing someone who could shapeshift, but perfect sense if it was just a serpent. It's used as an explanation for why snakes slither on the ground and seem to eat dust (which they don't, they use their tongues to smell). The idea of the serpent being Satan didn't arise until the time of Revelation.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Speaking as one who has a cat currently dying of inoperable cancer:

Going by age alone, my 11-year-old cat could have had at least another five or ten years left in him, if he had stayed healthy. We raised him from a kitten. This hurts. The only thing I can say as to why God allows this kind of thing to happen is, I don't know why He allows this kind of thing to happen. But I'm going to trust that He has His reasons, and that one day I will understand. It's the same as parents and teachers allowing us to go through things that feel wrong or unpleasant or unfair to us, but in the end it turns out to be to our benefit. Exercises, for example, or chores, or eating our vegetables, or going back and doing something again and again until we get it right. That's frustrating to a child, and the child doesn't like it and doesn't think the parent or teacher is acting in love. But the parent or teacher actually is.

How this will work out for good, I don't know yet, but I think it will.

How can we know it will work out for good?

God in the Bible, particularly in the Old Testament, claims he is responsible for good and bad things, sends evil spirits and lying spirits, commands things that benefit the Israelites but cause harm and torture and death to others... it seems like God is less "all-good" and more "morally ambiguous".

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kindly don't think I'm not strong believer of Jesus for these kind of questions

I'm strong in faith but I don't have anyone to ask these questions. That is why I'm asking in this platform

My questions:

1. Jesus died for our sins and we are healed with Jesus wonds. Then why do animals suffer when they can't commit any sin?

2. When Lord take care of every creature why do animals suffer

3. Heaven and hell is only place for humans but not animals?

PS: I have posted this thread after seeing an autistic dog which is roaming on street without any purpose..It's going here and there.. My heart is broken after seeing that.. I cried unto God in my prayer to cure that dog

The only author I know of that has addressed this is issue is CS Lewis in his book, "The Problem of Pain" The book addresses pain in the world in general but he spends several chapters asking the same question as to why animals suffer when sin is the fault of mankind. The link to the book is a free online html version of the book.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lucifer was not Satan and never was. Lucifer was just a term for a Babylonian king in a proverb (it even directly stated as such) but people think it's Satan because they just cherrypick verses of Isaiah 14 that they then claim applies to someone it doesn't because what they were led to believe doesn't match contextual reality.

And the serpent in Genesis was never anything more than a serpent. The punishment to slither on the ground would make no sense if it was punishing someone who could shapeshift, but perfect sense if it was just a serpent. It's used as an explanation for why snakes slither on the ground and seem to eat dust (which they don't, they use their tongues to smell). The idea of the serpent being Satan didn't arise until the time of Revelation.

And the book of Revelation is the Inspired Word of God that reveals the truth about satan..

Revelation 20: KJV
1 "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. {2} And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,"

Accept the Word of God..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm strong in faith but I don't have anyone to ask these questions. That is why I'm asking in this platform

My questions:

1. Jesus died for our sins and we are healed with Jesus wonds. Then why do animals suffer when they can't commit any sin?

PS: I have posted this thread after seeing an autistic dog which is roaming on street without any purpose..It's going here and there.. My heart is broken after seeing that.. I cried unto God in my prayer to cure that dog
God sent messengers with news a better world is coming. These things are not created in a day. It takes longer than six days.

I have seen people dying of terminal illnesses. It is not pretty. I have seen animals run across the road in front of my car and wondered why. I was sad when my Grandfather passed away. He lived a thousand miles away and I had not visited him in a long time.

I thanked God for the good things I saw and did not blame God for creating life. Little children are learning to walk and talk. Young men and women are learning in schools and on the job. People learn things from socializing. There are more texts on the Internet than I was ever able to find in the local library of my youth. There are new medicines that are better than old medicines. There are engineering projects that could not have been imagined fifty years ago. A better world is coming.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And the book of Revelation is the Inspired Word of God that reveals the truth about satan..

Revelation 20: KJV
1 "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. {2} And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,"

Accept the Word of God..

It was CENTURIES later. And the Book of Revelation almost wasn't in the Bible to begin with.

If it wasn't, would you be saying that? There were many books considered for the Bible that weren't in it. We only have 4 Gospels because one bishop liked the number four. How can we tell which ones are legitimate? Isn't it possible that the views of God and Satan just changed over time?

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was CENTURIES later. And the Book of Revelation almost wasn't in the Bible to begin with.

If it wasn't, would you be saying that? There were many books considered for the Bible that weren't in it. We only have 4 Gospels because one bishop liked the number four. How can we tell which ones are legitimate? Isn't it possible that the views of God and Satan just changed over time?

So was Peter a baylonian king ? hundereds of years after there was no longer a king of babylon? hundereds of year after the fall of the babylonian empire ? I don't think so..

Matthew 16: KJV
22 "Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. {23} But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."

Nope Peter was being influenced by satan

Did the babylonian king tempt Jesus for 40 days?

Mark 1: KJV

13 "And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him."

You want to have the book of Revelation declared uninspired? Do you want all the Gospels to also be declared uninspired too ?

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I strongly believe that the Lord's love includes all animals as well - how that precisely works out in heaven, I do not know, but this world and all people will have to answer for the unimaginable, horrific, world-wide suffering we inflict upon creatures, all of whom are God's creations. Humans do evil to other humans, but don't even estimate how much evil we inflict upon so many animals as well - and the tragic thing is the latter gets ignored or swept under the carpet by both secular and Christian communities.

The Lord made the animals, they are His creations. They are not garbage, which is how so many people treat them, either directly or indirectly.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

part of the fall is that all of creation was put under a curse. this includes animals.

because they are part of the creation that came under the curse of the fall.

animals were not made in the image of God. only mankind was. however, there will be animals in heaven just like there will be trees in heaven, but they will be there as simply being part of God's creation and not so much as redeemed souls like humans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So was Peter a baylonian king ? hundereds of years after there was no longer a king of babylon? hundereds of year after the fall of the babylonian empire ? I don't think so..

Matthew 16: KJV
22 "Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. {23} But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."

Nope Peter was being influenced by satan

Nope, "Satan" here was simply being used to mean "adversary". Not literally the devil. That's where the word "Satan" comes from "ha-Satan". Because rather than speaking for and supporting Jesus's teachings, Peter was expressing the opposite of what Jesus was teaching, therefore was Jesus's adversary.

Did the babylonian king tempt Jesus for 40 days?

Mark 1: KJV
13 "And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him."

Of course not. The Babylonian king refered to as Lucifer has nothing whatsoever to do with Satan. "Lucifer" is simply a translation of "Morning Star", which was used for many kings at the time. That includes Jesus. The person who tempted Jesus was explicitly the devil/Satan, but that has no relation whatsoever to the king of Babylon. Claiming otherwise is taking things out of context and projecting your own nonexistent one simply it's because what you've assumed without looking into it.

You want to have the book of Revelation declared uninspired? Do you want all the Gospels to also be declared uninspired too ?

The writer of Revelation explicitly said it was just a message for the church leaders. And we can't be sure about the Gospels because they were written by anonymous authors for the most part, and Luke even says he wasn't there, but what he writes of in his Gospel was all hearsay. And why is it that when people say "inspired" when it comes to the Bible, they give it a completely different meaning than the word in any other context? The Bible was compiled over centuries. Some books were added, some taken out. The Trinity doctrine came together over 300 years after Jesus left the earth. The views on God, Satan, the possibility of other gods, etc. all changed explicitly throughout the Bible.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
part of the fall is that all of creation was put under a curse. this includes animals.

because they are part of the creation that came under the curse of the fall.

animals were not made in the image of God. only mankind was. however, there will be animals in heaven just like there will be trees in heaven, but they will be there as simply being part of God's creation and not so much as redeemed souls like humans.

But why wopuld they be unfairly cursed for something they didn't do?

And what exactly makes mankind "in the image of God" moreso than animals?

Plus, God repeatedly asked for animals to be brutally sacrificed because their aroma of burning flesh was pleasing to him.

Upvote 0

JD C.

Sep 3, 2017
Wills Point
✟8,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus died to save humanity, therefore humans are able to go to Heaven. I don't believe that animals would go to Hell either since it's a place of punishment and they don't do anything wrong. Demons and the unsaved go to Hell and those in Christ will go to Heaven. The scripture doesn't mention anything about this subject, I believe, because it's just something that the ancient Hebrews never worried about. Consider this, however: if all animals that ever existed went to heaven, don't you think it would be a bit crowded?

• Haha
Reactions: stavros388
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But why wopuld they be unfairly cursed for something they didn't do?

And what exactly makes mankind "in the image of God" moreso than animals?

Plus, God repeatedly asked for animals to be brutally sacrificed because their aroma of burning flesh was pleasing to him.

God desires mercy and not sacrifice (Hosea 6:6).

God did not ask for burnt offerings (Psalm 50).

Psalm 50 (WEB)
7 “Hear, my people, and I will speak;
Israel, and I will testify against you.
I am God, your God.
8 I don’t rebuke you for your sacrifices.
Your burnt offerings are continually before me.
9 I have no need for a bull from your stall,
nor male goats from your pens.
10 For every animal of the forest is mine,
and the livestock on a thousand hills.
11 I know all the birds of the mountains.
The wild animals of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls,
or drink the blood of goats?
14 Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving.
Pay your vows to the Most High.
15 Call on me in the day of trouble.
I will deliver you, and you will honor me

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

My questions:

I think God cares about animals. Consider: didn’t God order all animal species in pairs onto Noah’s Ark to preserve them? To me, that sounds like God is pro-animal rights.

As for why God allows animals to suffer, it’s the same reason humans are allowed to suffer. We’re all born into a flawed, imperfect world that is full of sin.

Upvote 0