Why didn't Samsung tell me this in the first place?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
"Trying to figure out how a tablet ends up flying across the room... :scratch:
Mine doesn't do that; it just sits there till I move it. "

Well, someone has to say it:

He had it in Airplane mode.
If it didn't have cell support maybe it was connected to wi-fly

• Haha
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seriously, though, I have a Samsung tablet that is reaching the end of its life (it's sluggish and now takes forever and a day to fully charge) and never got a case for it because it was always primarily for home use, specifically for the time period in the evenings when my kids needed the computer for schoolwork but I still wanted to surf the interwebz. If I were to have taken it with me when out and about I would've definitely gotten some sort of shock-absorbing case for it, as I automatically do for my cellphone.

I'm trying to decide if I want to replace it or not. It's a great tablet.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Could be the battery needs replacing but sluggish memory is usually only a few things, either overloaded with stuff such that the fast memory is full and it is having to swap to slower flash memory back and forth. It seems over time almost every computer that comes with just enough memory experiences this as they try to do more and more things that have bloated code with more fancy and flashy features that can no longer all fit in the memory. When I bought my phone I could have got a 16GB phone but chose to get a 32GB one because I knew the 16GB one could end up being filled up with stuff and even with an SD card in it not all the apps can be moved to the card about 1/3 to have the space taken by some of them can be moved and I have about 15GB used on my phone now pretty packed and I don't have a lot of extra apps maybe 8 to 10 apps unlike most folks that have 20-30 of them pages full of apps they have to sort through when they need one I have the original 2 screens neither of them more than about 2/3 full.

I would check memory usage and see if you are too full of stuff. I've considered getting a pad but for the cost of it I couldn't justify the expense on my tiny budget.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seriously, though, I have a Samsung tablet that is reaching the end of its life (it's sluggish and now takes forever and a day to fully charge)

If you plan to keep it for awhile get an iPad. The support cycle is longer. The current model is the 9th gen. I’m on the 6th and my daughter the one before it and they run fine. No battery problems or sluggishness and we use them daily.

I had the Samsung Note. They stopped supporting it and offering updates in less than 2 years. That was my turning point. I got an iPhone and followed with an iPad and never looked back.

Upvote 0