Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,832.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Just a question for anyone who's had at least one kid, intentionally. Or for anyone who wants to produce a kid. I can read evolutionary theory, psychology and philosophy and stuff, but I'd like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

Fere222

...Love each other... ‭‭~John‬ ‭13:34‬ ‭
Jul 25, 2016
USA
✟18,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
For me, it was to have someone who is part of me to love. Someone to make my life feel "full", not that it wasn't before. You never understand a parents love for a child fully until you have a child of your own. There is no greater love. If you believe in God, it gives perspective to God's love for us.
Edit: it was also to give my husband a child. Which I gave him more than one. As a child, I knew my parents loved me but I never understood how deep that love is until I had my children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,832.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As an only child I needed family to fill in the sense of being alone.
It didn't work in my case but I'm sure that it does work in the majority of cases with people in my circumstances.
Could've bought a puppy. Lot cheaper and less work.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As an only child I needed family to fill in the sense of being alone.
It didn't work in my case but I'm sure that it does work in the majority of cases with people in my circumstances.
How would having another child help?

You would still need family to fill in the sense of being alone?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes people who are family don't behave like family.
At least a dog is more predictable in terms of loyalty.
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am. Amen.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I figured that's what people do when they're in love. Turns out, it is.

That being said, I would be a lot richer in material things, and a lot poorer in everything else, if I hadn't had five kids. All are adults now, from 45 to 26, and not a week goes by that I don't get a few happy moments, from each of them, even though they're on their own and have their own lives.

And yes, for each of them there were some moments that made me a little crazy.

I feel really sorry for DINKs.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I figured that's what people do when they're in love. Turns out, it is.

That being said, I would be a lot richer in material things, and a lot poorer in everything else, if I hadn't had five kids. All are adults now, from 45 to 26, and not a week goes by that I don't get a few happy moments, from each of them, even though they're on their own and have their own lives.

And yes, for each of them there were some moments that made me a little crazy.

I feel really sorry for DINKs.
Then you are blessed and need not regret having brought them into the world.

BTW
What's a DINK?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Just a question for anyone who's had at least one kid, intentionally. Or for anyone who wants to produce a kid. I can read evolutionary theory, psychology and philosophy and stuff, but I'd like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.
Never produced a kid. But if I had it would have been for the purpose of worshipping Evolution. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You're a bit confused. The offspring of a horse is called a colt. Kids are born to goats.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then you are blessed and need not regret having brought them into the world.

Little kids are a hoot to watch. There's a little bit of aggravation when they get to be teens. Actually, a lot of aggravation. But then they become adults, and start to be more like friends than children. And that's great.

Even better, Mrs. Barbarian and I reproduced over a 20-something year period, so that the older kids would come down on the younger ones as if they were the parents. That was kind of interesting to watch, too.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Little kids are a hoot to watch. There's a little bit of aggravation when they get to be teens. Actually, a lot of aggravation. But then they become adults, and start to be more like friends than children. And that's great.

Even better, Mrs. Barbarian and I reproduced over a 20-something year period, so that the older kids would come down on the younger ones as if they were the parents. That was kind of interesting to watch, too.

That's what happened in your case and perhaps in most cases it follows that positive pattern leading to a pleasant outcome. But certain marriages are veritable battlegrounds where kids become either allies or enemies as they are influenced to side with either one parent or the other. The ultimate result when they reach adulthood can be very unjust and very bitter to accept. So bitter as to regret their ever having been born. So count yourself blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0