Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Disclaimer #1: I didn't know where else to post this to get a Christian perspective.

Disclaimer #2: I know that we can't truly and literally understand why God created these things in us.

I've got to get some gallbladder testing done because it's causing me some discomfort. It may or may not have to be removed. As most people are aware, we can live without it. That got me thinking about other things such as the appendix (which is especially useless and heinous, as it does literally nothing but can take your life) and tonsils. Things that are mostly useless and pointless but can cause severe problems. Why? Why even create them?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Disclaimer #1: I didn't know where else to post this to get a Christian perspective.

Disclaimer #2: I know that we can't truly and literally understand why God created these things in us.

I've got to get some gallbladder testing done because it's causing me some discomfort. It may or may not have to be removed. As most people are aware, we can live without it. That got me thinking about other things such as the appendix (which is especially useless and heinous, as it does literally nothing but can take your life) and tonsils. Things that are mostly useless and pointless but can cause severe problems. Why? Why even create them?
Good subjects for research this year and next year, Yahuweh Willing.

The gall bladder is VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

The other parts mentioned also have a sometimes vital role , never "useless", as Yahuweh Created us.

DO not expect honest answers from trained educated people who make money from the organs in question. (in fact, it may well be DIFFICULT if not impossible to FIND ANYONE who will willingly tell you the truth about them)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Wouldn't say they are useless, not needed per se ... we can live without an arm, leg, ear .. all kinds of stuff ... and we are thankful to God we can.

Regarding your gall bladder ... I had to have mine removed as had a large stone. This surgery is done microscopically these days and really isn't a big deal .... doesn't take long to recuperate from having it removed. Mine was removed more than 10 years ago .... no problems at all since.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had my gal bladder out. I still get phantom pains and strangely enough I have to tell myself I don't have a gal bladder to make them go away. Weird right? Both the appendix and the tonsils do serve a purpose. The tonsils are part of the immune system, and the appendix protects good gut bacteria.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Wouldn't say they are useless, not needed per se ... we can live without an arm, leg, ear .. all kinds of stuff ... and we are thankful to God we can.

Regarding your gall bladder ... I had to have mine removed as had a large stone. This surgery is done microscopically these days and really isn't a big deal .... doesn't take long to recuperate from having it removed.
There's no need to remove the gall bladder just because of stone(s). Last year someone with 24 stones learned how to change their own diet and 'take care of it' without surgery, WITH DIRECTIONS from a doctor (who complies with ALL the fda and ama and government regulations) .

On the other hand, I know personally two people (or more) who had their gall bladders removed, and suffered considerably for decades because of it.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's no need to remove the gall bladder just because of stone(s). Last year someone with 24 stones learned how to change their own diet and 'take care of it' without surgery, WITH DIRECTIONS from a doctor (who complies with ALL the fda and ama and government regulations) .

On the other hand, I know personally two people (or more) who had their gall bladders removed, and suffered considerably for decades because of it.

I was in unbelievable pain ... my friend ... it was one huge stone ... the size of a large almond ... unable to be broken down. If one is in pain like I was ... get it outta there! I have had no problems at all since the surgery.

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was in unbelievable pain ... my friend ... it was one huge stone ... the size of a large almond ... unable to be broken down. If one is in pain like I was ... get it outta there!
Phew yeah. Morphine did nothing... it took Dilaudid to stop the pain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was in unbelievable pain ... my friend ... it was one huge stone ... the size of a large almond ... unable to be broken down. If one is in pain like I was ... get it outta there!
Please note I did not say to do nothing about it. I won't even come close to advising anything specific 'medical advice' on this forum - there is way way too much opposition AND it is likely illegal too.
Also note that the lady with 24 gall stones was also in pain. She found a way instead of surgery, and was ECSTATIC immediately after finding out (BIG CHESHIRE GRIN EAR TO EAR on her face), AND months later is still JOYOUSLY CONTINUING with best results...
i.e. what people know is not always best for them at all.... frequently not... in the world we live in .

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
p.s. urgent situations may require surgery, yes. I do not suggest refusing surgery in such cases, especially if no doctor is available to relieve the pain and discomfort in other ways. But if there is any time at all.... even a week or two to seek ... it might be worth it....

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please note I did not say to do nothing about it. I won't even come close to advising anything specific 'medical advice' on this forum - there is way way too much opposition AND it is likely illegal too.
Also note that the lady with 24 gall stones was also in pain. She found a way instead of surgery, and was ECSTATIC immediately after finding out (BIG CHESHIRE GRIN EAR TO EAR on her face), AND months later is still JOYOUSLY CONTINUING with best results...
i.e. what people know is not always best for them at all.... frequently not... in the world we live in .
I think the main problem is that you don't know there is a problem until it's too late and they have to remove it to save your life. Mine was gangrenous and ready to pop so they took it out immediately. What way did she find out to remove the stones? Oh and my wife lost hers, almost killed her too, so that's 4 I guess. The worst thing about her case is no one believed her, they were going to send her to a psychologist thinking the pain was in her mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think the main problem is that you don't know there is a problem until it's too late and they have to take it save your life. Mine was gangrenous and ready to pop so they took it out immediately. What way did she find out to remove the stones?
I cannot say on this forum, even in messages. However, you might find out by looking up "dissolve ______" whatever, on line search. There is a lot of wrong information online also, on purpose, by both (all) sides, so pray constantly even in such a simple search. Another way to find out , that is pretty cool too, is to talk with a laymen's support group with many people in it who can discuss their approaches and successes (and failures).

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

At some point, all parts were used. Sin (decay) takes its toll.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know if I am off the mark, I often can be, but I just keep hearing the Lord speak of how it was for God's glory. I know this was spoken about things that were needed such as a crippled body. I can't help thinking it is the answer for all things that take place in our lives. I look at Joni Erickson Tada and how she has used what happened and has glorified God in ways most of us never will glorify Him. Qne wonders would she have done so if that awful accident hadn't come to her as the cross she must carry.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully I did have a CT scan a couple of weeks ago for back pain (which we now know is related to this gallbladder issue) and it did not reveal any stones. The specific gallbladder test (I forget the name) is to check the function as something is off. It may be sludge.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
At some point, all parts were used. Sin (decay) takes its toll.
Even ticks had a good honest purpose once, however many centuries ago.... (instead of being disease carriers - I think it is said they somehow 'purified' or cleaned the blood) that all changed of course, towards what it is today - potentially carriers of disease and nuisances (and profit makers for those selling tick and flea medicine) ....

• Agree
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We can cope without legs. My son was born completely paralysed from his waist down due to open spina bifida (T12/L1). Even when we are at church events few people really notice he is in a wheelchair. He is happy and thriving. This week, he finally learnt his shapes and colors. I have been researching preschools for him as well. I myself had my appendix taken out when I was 8 1/2 years old. I felt so much better afterwards.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As I understand it all these parts serve a function in immune system development and maintenance. That they can be removed without significant ill effect is more a testament to the design redundancy in the system which is actually very clever if we think about it.

Upvote 0