Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean "accusing you" of having very similar posts to another member (one that happens to be banned)? That's not false - it's true. I used quotes because it's not an accusation, but an observation.

No, you accused me of being him/her.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! So you are a Full Preterist! I and others have suspected that for a while! So sad!!! You are deceived by heresy.
Nope. Sorry to Disappoint.
I'm Catholic.
We aren't full preterists. We adhere to the Future Consummation attested to in the creeds... perhaps you missed my affirming statement in my post #626 of this thread where I said:
Yes, this foreshadows an even greater *final* judgment of God in the future....
None of this in any way negates or usurps the FUTURE RESURRECTION to the FINAL state of all creation.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would any Christian that has nothing to hide repeatedly ignore these simple questions?
  1. Is the second coming of Christ an ongoing process or a literal future physical climactic event?
  2. Is the resurrection of the dead an ongoing process or a literal future physical climactic event?

1) Yes
2) Yes

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) Yes
2) Yes

It looks like to me there are 4 questions total. 2 questions in the first one and 2 questions in the 2nd one. Which question in each set of questions are you answering yes to?

1 Is the second coming of Christ an ongoing process?
2 or a literal future physical climactic event?

3 Is the resurrection of the dead an ongoing process?
4 or a literal future physical climactic event?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Is the second coming of Christ an ongoing process?
2 or a literal future physical climactic event?

3 Is the resurrection of the dead an ongoing process?
4 or a literal future physical climactic event?
I reject the premise that each question is mutually exclusive.
It's a yes to all 4

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is the second coming of Christ an ongoing process?
We're way past the #2 coming. Some of us believe in Christophanies - like Melchizedek being an appearing of Christ. Then there're the visitors Sarah and Abraham had recorded in Genesis 18; the vision that Steven had at his stoning....the visit Saul/Paul had....the Presence of Christ whenever 2 or more are gathered in His name etc. I doubt we can even accurately know how many "coming of Christ" events there have been or can expect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A quick note to help this thread not to be sidetracked from the OP. I personally know SovereignGrace as well as BABerean. They are not the same person and they live many miles from each other.

Two good guys BTW.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Saying all that, having debated with Partial Preterists over the years, and most recently on this site, I have many real deep biblical concerns about Partial Preterist teaching which I believe are dangerous, and which lead many into the heresy of Full Preterism. Much of what is advocated on this board by Partial Preterists is only a thin paper wall away from Full Preterism. Partial Preterists even freely quote their writers.

Full Preterism = Heresy

Partial Preterism = Partial Heresy

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A quick note to help this thread not to be sidetracked from the OP. I personally know SovereignGrace as well as BABerean. They are not the same person and they live many miles from each other.

Two good guys BTW.

This is a deliberate effort by mkgal to misrepresent me and to discredit my message. Sadly, she refuses to apologize for this.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're way past the #2 coming. Some of us believe in Christophanies - like Melchizedek being an appearing of Christ. Then there're the visitors Sarah and Abraham had recorded in Genesis 18; the vision that Steven had at his stoning....the visit Saul/Paul had....the Presence of Christ whenever 2 or more are gathered in His name etc. I doubt we can even accurately know how many "coming of Christ" events there have been or can expect.

It doesn’t matter what do you think. The truth still stands solid and unwavering. You are doing your best to diminish and belittle the importance of the one final future literal physical visible audible second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. But scripture is very clear: it is the climax of history. It is the introduction of the perfect and eternal state.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is a deliberate effort by mkgal to misrepresent me and to discredit my message. Sadly, she refuses to apologize for this.
It was merely an observation.

And what should we call your repeated accusations of full preterism when you've been told numerous of times that's not accurate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It doesn’t matter what do you think. The truth still stands solid and unwavering. You are doing your best to diminish and belittle the importance of the one final future literal physical visible audible second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. But scripture is very clear: it is the climax of history. It is the introduction of the perfect and eternal state.
You seem to be missing my point about the assigned number.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I reject the premise that each question is mutually exclusive.
It's a yes to all 4

This is why many of us stand so strong against Preterism. It is a confusing mess. You make the argument for the Op better than i could possibly could. This is why all right-minded Bible believing Christians should renounce this Jesuit doctrine. It was invented by Spanish Jesuit Luis De Alcazar (1554–1613) who wrote a commentary titled Vestigio Arcani Sensus in Apocaplysi or Investigation of the Hidden Sense of the Apocalypse and was published a year after his death.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? Who’s resurrection?

It is heretical to associate the resurrection of the just and unjust with the events of Daniel 12 and the Olivet discourse?

It was a false accusation. I suspected with your previous record that there is no way that you were going to apologize. That is who you are.

where did mkgal, specifically call you Baberean in order for it to be an “accusation”? I can’t seem to find that post. do you have specific post number?

ac·cuse
/əˈkyo͞oz/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. charge (someone) with an offense or crime.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree Hymenaean was in error. Hymenaean preached the resurrection prior to the events of Daniel 12 the olivet discourse. Thus his error was divorcing the resurrection with the events stated in Daniel 12 and the olivet discourse.

Thus anyone who dissociates the general resurrection with the events of Daniel 12 and the olivet discourse commits the error of Hymenaean.

So, it is heretical to apply the general resurrection to before AD70 but sound to apply it to AD70?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

This thread is closed for staff review. There is WAY too much flaming in this thread of other members, other views, and of churches.

Edit - this thread is staying closed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.