Intervale, New Brunswick Canada
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:wave::wave::thumbsup::thumbsup:I Must commend You Robert!, In making this appointment with Your Pastor and in so doing You will get the help You need, Praise Him as He works in Your Life , Praise Him even if You see no light or very little ,Praise Him in the Good Times and The Bad and believe He will Pull You up out of this Mire set You upon Solid Ground For He is Your Rock and Your Fortress and He is a very present help in Your time of Weakness. Praise His Precious name that You are beginning to move forward with this and God Bless You Robert , Remember Greater is He that is in You than He who is in the World ! Your Brother in Christ; Dave:prayer::prayer::prayer::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am going to be very blunt with him and ask him if God has ever instructed him to cease praying for me. I have to know this, I have to know if I have crossed over the line.

Robert,

Post or PM me with what you find out.

Prayers for you,

Jeff

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, I just sent him an email. After I speak with my pastor I will let you all know what happens. If hear those dreadful words that he is not to pray for me any longer then I dont know what I will do.

Im extremely nervous about this whole thing.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Robert,

Please let me know ASAP when you get a response. In fact, if you are willing I would like to see the actual response. I'm sending you my email by PM.

Jeff

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Robert,

Please let me know ASAP when you get a response. In fact, if you are willing I would like to see the actual response. I'm sending you my email by PM.

Jeff

Im sorry, I probably didnt make myself clear enough. I actually emailed him to set up an appointment to come in and speak with him in person.

I want to ask him this question in person up front so he does not have time to make up an answere (not that I think he would lie to me), I will probably catch him off guard and I feel bad for doing this but I think its the only way I will really know.

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Guys,

Please read this booklet by Mark Driscoll on this subject:

http://relit.org/inappropriate content_again_christian/downloads/relit_ebook_pac.pdf

It is called inappropriate content again Christian.

Trust in Christ, repent, and stop looking at inappropriate content. Confess you sins and be confident in the Lord's forgiveness.

1 Peter 2:21-25 KJV
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
[22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
[23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
[24] Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
[25] For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Trust in God who knows how to deliver you out of temptations:

2 Peter 2:9 KJV
[9] The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

God bless,

David

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Robert,

I pray that this will put your worries to rest. My family and friends continue to pray for you daily. Please let me know when yo get your answer. Don't forget to ask your Pastor for something you can do for the church.

God bless,
Jeff

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Robert,

I pray that this will put your worries to rest. My family and friends continue to pray for you daily. Please let me know when yo get your answer. Don't forget to ask your Pastor for something you can do for the church.

God bless,
Jeff

Thank you.

Upvote 0

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟8,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am so tired of hearing, "if you desire to change that's enough of a repentance and as long as you're sorry for sinning and trust Christ your saved." I know this isn't what repentance is so why do people keep comforting me and telling me I'm saved when I know I am not!

There is nothing I would love more than to serve God and to have genuine faith in Christ and be dead in my sins to bring glory to God and to serve Him in some kind of ministry and dedicate my life to Him... but I can't. I have been struggling with sin so much and I just can't repent of it. Of course I can say the words "Lord I know I'm a sinner and that Jesus Christ is Lord and died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. I'm sorry and I trust in you for forgiveness, it's sufficient enough for me, and I will turn away and invite your spirit in me and submit to your will so that I can bring glory to you." Yet words are only empty words. I desire this, yet my heart seems to be deceiving me because I keep on sinning and am heavily addicted to sexual immorality and inappropriate contentography and self gratification. I have become lazy in my work because I am so despondent because I know I am going to hell and no matter what I do I can't repent. I say the words and I desire to AFTER I sin, but not during the sin, even though I know I should stop. I don't want to hurt the other persons feelings and I love the feeling myself so it is impossible for me just to turn from it. I'm afraid I might hurt them and then they won't want to come to Christ either. I'm so lost. These sins have consumed my life and I want to be free of them, yet I can't STOP. Every time I'm tempted I act on them, theres no fight, there's guilt but no fight. I'm come to the Lord so many times begging for forgiveness yet my heart must be deceiving itself and not truly repenting.

I no longer no what to do. In all honesty, I'm not suicidal so this isn't a threat because I'm not going to harm or kill myself, but I just feel like dying. I feel like hell would be sufficient because at least there wouldn't be this anxiety over my salvation. Or perhaps I am saved and will go to Heaven to be with Christ. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't seem to care. I just.. I've brought this up to many people and everyone just says "theres a struggle so you're saved." That's great people think this but anyone who habitual sins is an indication that they are not saved and this sexual immorality, inappropriate contentography, and self gratification is more than habitual it an addiction and I cannot be freed from it and I know that freedom is in Christ but I don't know how to rely on Him for it. It feels like my soul is in the wrong body. Someone please help... I don't know what to do. I don't want comfort, I just want honesty and truth.

Actually you do know what to do because you know the plan of salvation, you know that Jesus is the answer. So all you have to do is give your concerns over to the Lord. He knows everything but he also want you to have peace in him. Think of it this way, each time you reject Christ and that's what you do each time you say I can't give my life to you, you've chosen to spend eternity in Hell and that's not where God wants you to be. If you want to stop sinning and you know you are a sinner, just confess that to the Lord and sincerely repent. Obviously, at least I hope, you believe in the death, burial, resurrection of Christ. Make it personal, say Jesus I know you died on the cross for my sins, I believe in your death, burial, and ressurection and I'm sorry for being a sinner and falling short of your glory. Please come into my life to be my Lord and Savior and when you do this, the Holy Spirit instantly comes in you to live forever. When you beginning to give your life to the Lord, it's amazing. Your not the same as your are now. Why? Because with something supernatural like the power of God touches your life your desires change, You want to worship, honor, and devote your entire being to God. He desires our praise and we are his children. So, just remember once you confess your sins, Jesus washes you white as snow. You may and probably will have those same urges and ungodly desires that you have and that's human and we all that have already become part of the body of Christ still have the old man living within us, the sinful nature that we were born with. The battle is never ours to begin with, it's the Lord's. Give him your heart today, confess your cares to him and believe me when I say the Lord will make a way somehow for you. Be strong and I hope to see you in Heaven.

Upvote 0

TheCosmicGospel

Feb 3, 2007
✟8,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am so tired of hearing, "if you desire to change that's enough of a repentance and as long as you're sorry for sinning and trust Christ your saved." I know this isn't what repentance is so why do people keep comforting me and telling me I'm saved when I know I am not!

There is nothing I would love more than to serve God and to have genuine faith in Christ and be dead in my sins to bring glory to God and to serve Him in some kind of ministry and dedicate my life to Him... but I can't. I have been struggling with sin so much and I just can't repent of it. Of course I can say the words "Lord I know I'm a sinner and that Jesus Christ is Lord and died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. I'm sorry and I trust in you for forgiveness, it's sufficient enough for me, and I will turn away and invite your spirit in me and submit to your will so that I can bring glory to you." Yet words are only empty words. I desire this, yet my heart seems to be deceiving me because I keep on sinning and am heavily addicted to sexual immorality and inappropriate contentography and self gratification. I have become lazy in my work because I am so despondent because I know I am going to hell and no matter what I do I can't repent. I say the words and I desire to AFTER I sin, but not during the sin, even though I know I should stop. I don't want to hurt the other persons feelings and I love the feeling myself so it is impossible for me just to turn from it. I'm afraid I might hurt them and then they won't want to come to Christ either. I'm so lost. These sins have consumed my life and I want to be free of them, yet I can't STOP. Every time I'm tempted I act on them, theres no fight, there's guilt but no fight. I'm come to the Lord so many times begging for forgiveness yet my heart must be deceiving itself and not truly repenting.

I no longer no what to do. In all honesty, I'm not suicidal so this isn't a threat because I'm not going to harm or kill myself, but I just feel like dying. I feel like hell would be sufficient because at least there wouldn't be this anxiety over my salvation. Or perhaps I am saved and will go to Heaven to be with Christ. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't seem to care. I just.. I've brought this up to many people and everyone just says "theres a struggle so you're saved." That's great people think this but anyone who habitual sins is an indication that they are not saved and this sexual immorality, inappropriate contentography, and self gratification is more than habitual it an addiction and I cannot be freed from it and I know that freedom is in Christ but I don't know how to rely on Him for it. It feels like my soul is in the wrong body. Someone please help... I don't know what to do. I don't want comfort, I just want honesty and truth.

You are a male. You have hormones. That is the way God made you. That is not an excuse however. Direct your life to God. Seek a girlfriend who is a Christian. Pray for her. You are desiring companionship I believe more than anything. Put your energy there and you will be more fulfilled and won't feel like such a lost ball in high weeds. Avoiding your energies is not much of an answer. But direct them in the way God intended and you will find a blessing and be a blessing.

Take up golf. You are over thinking the swing here. Life is meant to be a joy at 18. You got yourself all worked up. Develop positive relationships.

Find a new hobby, a new outlet. Go serve some poor and needy children. Learn to focus on others and you will be set free from all of this.

Be a volunteer.

Peace,

Cos

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel your pain. People are commenting are ways to cut yourself off from certain types of sin - like inappropriate contentography by getting rid of the computer or joining an accountability program - but I sense you're more disturbed by your desire to keep this sin. You can stop the sin by physically making it impossible, but I imagine you are wanting to stop the sin by wanting to stop yourself from wanting it in the first place. We are all and will all be tempted by sin but it does get easier with avoidance. I have had big desires to do sin in my life and after years of struggling and refusing the desires eventually dampened and then went away. Of course I prayed much about these issues too.

We don't all struggle to the same degrees with the same sins. Some of my sins I can't shake either and this cannot be avoided by physically making it impossible to do these sins, since they're not of those type. At least know in your heart that God knows we are all going to be tempted by sin, and just wanting to but refusing yourself is NOT sinning.

Upvote 0

faceofbear

Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Texas
✟9,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hey everyone,

I have been free for a few days but I have some questions to ask. I see there was a link about biblical repentance on a site called "Jesus-Is-Savior." This is the 3rd time I've been linked to this site in 2 days. The author of this site puts C.S. Lewis, John MacArthur and many others that I assumed to be good pastors. However, this site puts these men as "wolves in sheep's clothes," I know C.S. Lewis has his issues but they also talk about Paul Washer, Kirk Cameron and others as being deceivers of the truth. What is your stance on all of this? Should I steer clear of these men? Thanks.

Upvote 0
R

Robissaved

We should see in the Bible a reflection of ourself, read, study and pray for understanding of its precepts. Not as a book that shows us our shortcomings or flaws but as instructions to live by. In Gods eyes, when we make the Genuine decision, which is a change of heart and mind, to follow the Lord Jesus, God views us as a twin brother of Jesus, an equal and joint aire to the Kingdom. The simple fact that you created this thread shows the Holy Spirit is working within your heart, calling you. Stop and take a few moments to inventory your life and realize the only thing you have, that God hasn't given to you, is your sin.

"Father, I lift our brother up to you with a need for understanding, a longing in his heart for truth, that he might surrender his will to thy will O Lord, for thow art our Lord from everlasting to everlasting, let thy countenance and wisdom impart to the' and create a heart willing to yeild, that will be filled with your great truth, for you are the solid rock on which we stand, in your precious name Lord Jesus I pray, Amen.":prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

LiveInSpirit

Walk in truth
Jul 24, 2009
Louisiana
Visit site
✟7,939.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone,

I have been free for a few days but I have some questions to ask. I see there was a link about biblical repentance on a site called "Jesus-Is-Savior." This is the 3rd time I've been linked to this site in 2 days. The author of this site puts C.S. Lewis, John MacArthur and many others that I assumed to be good pastors. However, this site puts these men as "wolves in sheep's clothes," I know C.S. Lewis has his issues but they also talk about Paul Washer, Kirk Cameron and others as being deceivers of the truth. What is your stance on all of this? Should I steer clear of these men? Thanks.

That site is pure garbage. We always have to remember that any nut can have a website these days and unfortunately there are people inclined to think that a website brings some grade of legitimacy. John MacArthur is a man of God and faithfully preaches the Word of God.

The man who runs that site is really far out there. He believes that any other translation than KJV is Satanic and leads people to hell. The list of his absurdities reach far and wide. It is full of assumptions and mischaracterizations of faithful godly men.

Upvote 0

Ursie

Nov 13, 2009
Southern Arizona
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Go to www.sermonaudio.com and listen to as many Paul Washer sermons as you can. If you are not sure of your own salvation, there is a reason for that. The church today preaches a great deal about cheap grace and the idea that if you meant it when you prayed it then you're good to go. Look at Matt 7

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

If you love your sin, then that is a problem and you are correct to think so. Keep seeking, keep seeking and see if you can find someone to discuss this with who doesn't preach cheap grace that will go through the Scriptures with you until you come to true repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go to www.sermonaudio.com and listen to as many Paul Washer sermons as you can. If you are not sure of your own salvation, there is a reason for that. The church today preaches a great deal about cheap grace and the idea that if you meant it when you prayed it then you're good to go. Look at Matt 7

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

If you love your sin, then that is a problem and you are correct to think so. Keep seeking, keep seeking and see if you can find someone to discuss this with who doesn't preach cheap grace that will go through the Scriptures with you until you come to true repentance.

Great advice, I have been fed the cheap grace gospel all my life and right now I am going through absolute hell on earth trying to figure out if I can still be saved or not.

I cant tell you how many times when growing up that I prayed the sinners prayer, got a pat on my back and then left thinking that I was saved even though I showed no evidence of it in my life.

It amazes me how many people seem to forget about this passage-

Now please tell me why this passage would be in the Bible if all a person had to do in order to get saved was to pray a sinners prayer? How does that have anything to do with striving to enter in at the small gate and narrow road that leads to life? and to top it off only a few find it? if the sinners prayer really did save people then there would certainly be a whole lot more than just a few that find it imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Great advice, I have been fed the cheap grace gospel all my life and right now I am going through absolute hell on earth trying to figure out if I can still be saved or not.

Robert,

Of course you can still be saved! Think of this fact that I recently discovered in a Bible study I am doing: 10% or 600 Million out of 6 Billion people living today profess themselves to be Christians. 5.4 Billion people living today, assuming my study is correct, are on the "broad road". Our Christian witness has never been more important than it is today.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, and God bless you!

Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Robert,

Of course you can still be saved!

I agree as long as the Holy Spirit is still striving with me and has not abandoned me. No one can get saved apart from the work of the Holy Spirit.

You have a blessed and happy thanksgiving too Jeff.

Upvote 0

Ursie

Nov 13, 2009
Southern Arizona
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree as long as the Holy Spirit is still striving with me and has not abandoned me. No one can get saved apart from the work of the Holy Spirit.

You have a blessed and happy thanksgiving too Jeff.

No Robert, don't give up. The Holy Spirit is speaking to you? You are still alive? Then there is hope! But what a wonderful thing that you do not want to just assume it's all good. When you have what you search for, you will be soooo blessed.

There is one particular Washer series on that site I mentioned above, called 'Biblical Assurance'. It is very helpful (I think it's 5 separate teachings). Listen to it, get out your bible and pray through the concepts Washer teaches there. Keep going through his sermons. If you listen with an open heart, I guarentee that you'll find what you are looking for, the Pearl of Great Price.

Reactions: Jeffwhosoever
Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No Robert, don't give up. The Holy Spirit is speaking to you? You are still alive? Then there is hope!

I dont know, according to the word of God a person can reach the point that the Holy Spirit will cease to deal with that person even before physical death.

There are many people living and breathing that have crossed Gods deadline and are on their way to hell with no way out, most are unaware that they have crossed that deadline but I believe that there are a very few rare cases where a person crosses that deadline and then later in life realizes it through different circumstances that may arise in that persons life.

Upvote 0