United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I'm an 18 yr old male and last January I just lost any attraction to women completely. I have not liked a woman since and have honestly do not find women attractive and they don't 'turn me on' like you should I guess with normal attraction. I don't want to list after every girl I see but it's so depressing when you can't admire or be attracted to anyone - it feels like I died inside.
I've prayed about it many many times and I have never got any better. I even feared that I was becoming gay but I don't think that's true.

All I want to is to be attracted to women and grow up to have a wife. Is that too much to ask for?

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi I'm an 18 yr old male and last January I just lost any attraction to women completely. I have not liked a woman since and have honestly do not find women attractive and they don't 'turn me on' like you should I guess with normal attraction. I don't want to list after every girl I see but it's so depressing when you can't admire or be attracted to anyone - it feels like I died inside.
I've prayed about it many many times and I have never got any better. I even feared that I was becoming gay but I don't think that's true.

All I want to is to be attracted to women and grow up to have a wife. Is that too much to ask for?

I'm sorry to hear you're having to struggle in this way, Andrew. I'd say that you're either suffering from some form of depression and may need psychological assistance, or you may have a hormonal/chemical imbalance that might need to be diagnosed by a medical doctor. Just a couple of things to keep in mind ...

On that note, welcome to CF!

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Greetings, Andrew. This one is tough for me to relate to, except to possibly think that you have been hurt so badly somewhere or maybe been rejected so often that you have given up. Your post also made me wonder what sort of women you are around. I don't know exactly what UK women are like...

Are you saying you are no longer attracted to women yet are now attracted to men, or are you saying you don't find anyone attractive?

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings, Andrew. This one is tough for me to relate to, except to possibly think that you have been hurt so badly somewhere or maybe been rejected so often that you have given up. Your post also made me wonder what sort of women you are around. I don't know exactly what UK women are like...

Are you saying you are no longer attracted to women yet are now attracted to men, or are you saying you don't find anyone attractive?
I don't find anyone really attractive. I obviously know when someone is good looking but I don't feel anything. And no I've never been hurt, I've never had a relationship.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear you're having to struggle in this way, Andrew. I'd say that you're either suffering from some form of depression and may need psychological assistance, or you may have a hormonal/chemical imbalance that might need to be diagnosed by a medical doctor. Just a couple of things to keep in mind ...

On that note, welcome to CF!

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
I don't believe in doctors

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't find anyone really attractive. I obviously know when someone is good looking but I don't feel anything. And no I've never been hurt, I've never had a relationship.

That's different...
Now when you say you don't find anyone "attractive," do you mean sexually attractive, or do you mean that you don't find anyone's personality especially attractive?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe in doctors

...I understand some of the wariness that may come with having to deal with doctors, but it might at least be the case that you'll help yourself a little better going into the future if you take more of a Yin and Yang approach to doctors. Sometimes they can help a bit, even if they can't offer a complete cure .... :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's different...
Now when you say you don't find anyone "attractive," do you mean sexually attractive, or do you mean that you don't find anyone's personality especially attractive?
Sexually yes

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's different...
That's doesn't mean I want to start doing you know what but I just want to be attracted to women

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...I understand some of the wariness that may come with having to deal with doctors, but it might at least be the case that you'll help yourself a little better going into the future if you take more of a Yin and Yang approach to doctors. Sometimes they can help a bit, even if they can't offer a complete cure .... :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
What's doctor gonna do apart from sending me to a mental health clinic? Is there something chemically wrong with me do you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's doctor gonna do apart from sending me to a mental health clinic? Is there something chemically wrong with me do you think?

...it's possible. But they'd have to analyze your blood work to know if there is a chemical imbalance of some sort.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sexually yes... That's doesn't mean I want to start doing you know what but I just want to be attracted to women

Ok, again let me ask you for some details here:
Do you mean you fear not being able to perform physically, or you just don't feel any visual attraction to women? If it is a purely physical problem then yes, it might be chemical. If your libido has dropped off significantly, it could also have to do with something like weight loss...

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, again let me ask you for some details here:
Do you mean you fear not being able to perform physically, or you just don't feel any visual attraction to women? If it is a purely physical problem then yes, it might be chemical. If your libido has dropped off significantly, it could also have to do with something like weight loss...
I just don't find any women attractive anymore. They could be insanely attractive and I would literally feel nothing. For me it's definitely not weight loss. So I've literally no libido and this is very annoying as I'm very embarrassed by this and I hate being me now.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's possible you could have a hormone imbalance if you have been dieting and not getting the necessary combination of nutrients. For instance, Low nitric oxide levels can cause low testosterone in your system ( so both chemical and hormonal levels are off). That would affect your desire for the opposite sex and also libido, lack of involuntary nocturnal responses etc.. A good nutritionist could help balance this out. It's more than saying eat a tomato tonight and let me know how you are in the morning.

Also don't mix up sexual desire with love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Hi Andrew,

I used to have issues with the same thing before I got saved. I found women to be more attractive than men, however, I never acted on those thoughts or feelings. The main thing is patience and focusing on other things. I would say to enjoy this moment that you have where you aren't attracted to the opposite sex and focus on your life. It truly is a gift to not be attracted to the opposite sex sometimes. I got more important things done when I wasn't worried about men. Keep yourself pure and talk to God about your issues. He already know's your thoughts, but bring them before him. He won't reject you.

Remember that God made us all beautiful. He created the woman for man. He doesn't make mistakes. Even Adam had to wait. I have faith God is hiding the right woman from you for when God knows you are ready. Hold on to your faith.

• Winner
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Andrew,

I used to have issues with the same thing before I got saved. I found women to be more attractive than men, however, I never acted on those thoughts or feelings. The main thing is patience and focusing on other things. I would say to enjoy this moment that you have where you aren't attracted to the opposite sex and focus on your life. It truly is a gift to not be attracted to the opposite sex sometimes. I got more important things done when I wasn't worried about men. Keep yourself pure and talk to God about your issues. He already know's your thoughts, but bring them before him. He won't reject you.

Remember that God made us all beautiful. He created the woman for man. He doesn't make mistakes. Even Adam had to wait. I have faith God is hiding the right woman from you for when God knows you are ready. Hold on to your faith.

Wow! Good word, Sister. :oldthumbsup: I got ministered to there, and I don't even have a problem! :)

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2017
London
✟19,234.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Andrew,

I think what you are describing is a true call of celibacy from God and Jesus. I strongly believe that if you have no desire for sex then that's a blessing and the wish of the Lord and Jesus.

Maybe you are meant to be a priest or just a celibate Christian. In any case I think you're blessed because celibacy means purity and purity is an affinity with Jesus and the saints.

I hope this helped and finds you well.

Upvote 0