why can angels create animals?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ehhhh I'm highly skeptical about anything they are talking about. 5 brides of Satan? Never heard of that myth before.

I believe it. angels can take on human form (the devil is a fallen angel) and the church is called the bride-he tried to copy God.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe it. angels can take on human form (the devil is a fallen angel) and the church is called the bride-he tried to copy God.

He has one lover mentioned in Revelation. Nothing is said of five.

Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Demons are fallen angels
Are you sure? Some believe demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim, who were not angels, but were the offspring of the daughters of men (females) and angels. So a fallen angel would be different to a demon, were this true.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you sure? Some believe demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim, who were not angels, but were the offspring of the daughters of men (females) and angels. So a fallen angel would be different to a demon, were this true.

There is actually no evidence to show that the term "sons of God" refer to angels and not us. We are the only ones referred to in the Scripture elsewhere with such a term. Its more of a pop culture theology that has made it otherwise.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There is actually no evidence to show that the term "sons of God" refer to angels and not us.

Incorrect. All the evidence points to "sons of God" in the OT to exclusively be regarding heavenly angels whether in heaven or upon the Earth. Not one usage is not regarding angels.

The phrase "the sons of God" appears only 5 times in the old Testament. Every single time it is speaking of angels:

Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen_6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Job_1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job_2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

Job_38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Incorrect. All the evidence points to "sons of God" in the OT to exclusively be regarding heavenly angels whether in heaven or upon the Earth. Not one usage is not regarding angels.

The phrase "the sons of God" appears only 5 times in the old Testament. Every single time it is speaking of angels:

Gen_6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen_6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Job_1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job_2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

Job_38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Were Angels Created in the Image of God?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

None of those verses actually say that they are Angels, in fact since Satan is cast from heaven, it makes more sense for him to be accusing before God on earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
None of those verses actually say that they are Angels

Context shows that they are angels. Who can go to God to present themselves along with a fallen archangel other than actual angels? God is in heaven so the verses in Job are in heaven, not to mention Satan came from the Earth so clearly he went to heaven to meet with God.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Context shows that they are angels. Who can go to God to present themselves along with a fallen archangel other than actual angels? God is in heaven so the verses in Job are in heaven, not to mention Satan came from the Earth so clearly he went to heaven to meet with God.

Why was he with other angels?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The bible says he roams around like a lion seeking who he may devour. Does that contadict a christian i know who said he lost position but not access?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do former satanists give different descriptions?

Satanists are often insane and don't know what they are talking about. Making connections where there aren't any.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
None of those verses actually say that they are Angels, in fact since Satan is cast from heaven, it makes more sense for him to be accusing before God on earth.
Sons of God implies direct creation by God. Adam is referred to as the son of God in geneologies. We can becomes sons of God through being born again, through Jesus Christ (becoming a new creation). By extension, where scripture refers to sons of God, I believe we are talking about direct creations of God (e.g. angels).

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of any biblical stories where angels create animals.
I'm not sure what their practical limits are though.

A plague of puppies would be awfully cute.
Maybe a swarm of guinea pigs?
1 fruit fly?
A bright turquoise T-Rex? (I guess if you can create animals you wouldn't have to stop with currently existing animals - you could maybe even create some imaginary ones)

Hmm. I don't think angels can create animals out of thin air. I feel like the whole 'breath of life' thing is probably reserved for God. But, just my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Although, I guess it could be argued that they might be able to appear as animals?
Satan as serpent in Garden of Eden, for example. Unless that was more a case of animal-possession.
So, that could be cool.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what their practical limits are though.

A plague of puppies would be awfully cute.
Maybe a swarm of guinea pigs?
1 fruit fly?
A bright turquoise T-Rex? (I guess if you can create animals you wouldn't have to stop with currently existing animals - you could maybe even create some imaginary ones)

Hmm. I don't think angels can create animals out of thin air. I feel like the whole 'breath of life' thing is probably reserved for God. But, just my opinion.

satan is a fallen angel and he created the snake that came out of the staff

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually all angels have bodies and do not randomly "take on" a body. There is no scripture showing an angel going from bodiless spirit to somehow manufacturing a body. Angels cannot create animals nor bodies. They are created with their own bodies.
I have no idea why you believe that, do you have a scripture to confirm your beliefs. Here are a few that confirm what I posted.
Do angels have bodies?

Angels are essentially “ministering spirits” (Hebrews 1:14) and do not have physical bodies like humans. Jesus declared that “a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have” (Luke 24:37-39).

The Bible does, however, make it clear that angels can only be in one place at a time. They must have some localized presence.

Angels can take on the appearance of men when the occasion demands. How else could some “entertain angels unaware” (Hebrews 13:2)? On the other hand, their appearance is sometimes in dazzling white and blazing glory (Matthew 28:2-4).

Author: Dr. Paul Eymann.

What do angels look like?

Since angels are spirits rather than physical beings, they don’t have to be visible at all (Colossians 1:16). Elisha once prayed that his servant would see the armies of angels surrounding the city, and the young man discovered that he had overlooked a lot of invisible beings (2 Kings 6:17)!

Abraham was visited by three heavenly messengers.

When angels do appear, they generally appear in the form of men. In Genesis 18, Abraham welcomed three angelic guests who appeared at first to be nothing more than some travellers. In the following chapter, two angels went to Sodom where they were assumed to be simply a pair of human visitors.

With the possible exception of one debatable passage in Zechariah 5:9, angels always appear as males rather than females (Mark 16:5).

Sometimes an angel appears to be a man with unusual features. Daniel saw an angel with arms and legs resembling polished metal and precious stones, and a face like lightning (Daniel 10:5-6). The angel that rolled back the stone from Christ’s tomb was radiating dazzling light (Matthew 28:3; Luke 24:4). The book of Revelation describes some highly unusual beings who may be a variety of angel in Revelation 4:6-8.
https://christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t005.html or if you prefer something a little more technical SUMMA THEOLOGIAE: The angels in comparison with bodies (Prima Pars, Q. 51)
Angelology: The Doctrine of Angels

Last edited:
Upvote 0