Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They have an appearance. An appearance is not necessarily a physical body.

That's why Jesus made a point of proving that He had a body and not just an appearance.
What exactly is an "appearance"?

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They have an appearance. An appearance is not necessarily a physical body.

That's why Jesus made a point of proving that He had a body and not just an appearance.

Jesus said he wasn't a ghost/spirit. Angels are not ghosts/spirits either. They have a physical body and have interacted with man, in heaven and on the Earth.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You do not have to accept my word for it, read the evidence by the academically acknowledged sources I provided in my post. I do not know how much more clear it could be: angels were created by God as spirit beings they do not have bodies they were not given bodies when God created them. If you want to continue to argue this point please provide some outside valid evidence.

Well, it isn't wrong either to theorize that fallen angels developed bodies since they did enter our universe which means they are forced to submit to it's laws. They ended up becoming matter.. and maybe, they are Aliens. Just a theory though.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They ended up becoming matter.. and maybe, they are Aliens. Just a theory though.

Anything not born/created on Earth is an Alien by definition.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Anything not born/created on Earth is an Alien by definition.
Aliens are mentioned plenty of times in the bible.

Abram lived as an alien.

"Genesis 12:10 Now there was a famine in the land. So Abram went down to Egypt to reside there as an alien, for the famine was severe in the land."
"Genesis 17:8 8 And I will give to you, and to your offspring after you, the land where you are now an alien, all the land of Canaan, for a perpetual holding; and I will be their God.”
"Genesis 21:34 And Abraham resided as an alien many days in the land of the Philistines."

Moses admitted he was an alien.

"Exodus 2:22 She bore a son, and he named him Gershom; for he said, “I have been an alien residing in a foreign land.”

Aliens were even allowed to celebrate passover, provided they fulfilled certain requirements.

"Exodus 12:48 If an alien who resides with you wants to celebrate the passover to the Lord, all his males shall be circumcised; then he may draw near to celebrate it; he shall be regarded as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it; "

Alien residents had to comply with certain rules - e.g. not working on the sabbath.

Exodus 20:10 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But as it's scripture, it's truth.

Truth can be expressed in a number ways. Aside from literal history, another way is to tell a story, as in a parable, like the Good Samaritan. A good parable is made all the more memorable by building into it a surprising twist. In this case it was the "good" Jews walking by and ignoring the situation while the "evil" Samaritan went the extra mile to save a fellow human being. Rabbi Jesus was a master of the parable genre.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is not biblically proven in regards to God's angels.

So thousands of Christian's stories of demons taking on different forms matters for nothing.

• Useful
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So thousands of Christian's stories of demons taking on different forms matters for nothing.

Matters for nothing only because we aren't discussing demons.

• Agree
Reactions: Unboxed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matters for nothing only because we aren't discussing demons.

Which are not who we are discussing, again.

He was asking about the signs of Pharaoh's magicians, are you suggesting it was angelic power and not demonic that helped them?

Demons are angels, only unholy- why are you so hostile towards the subject when it is clearly relevant. If we are to discuss the abilities of angels, and OP's topic was about the one's used against Moses, then why would demons not be what we are talking about?

• Winner
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He was asking about the signs of Pharaoh's magicians, are you suggesting it was angelic power and not demonic that helped them?

Demons are angels, only unholy- why are you so hostile towards the subject when it is clearly relevant. If we are to discuss the abilities of angels, and OP's topic was about the one's used against Moses, then why would demons not be what we are talking about?

Do you believe she referred to angelic form?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Do you believe she referred to angelic form?

Ehhhh I'm highly skeptical about anything they are talking about. 5 brides of Satan? Never heard of that myth before.

Upvote 0