Not open for further replies.

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I follow the Scriptures and Yeshua's own words when He gives us NEW commandments and He tells that He is giving us His NEW Covenant as the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Luke 22:20.
the Essenes were the first new covenant community, and they followed the law to a tee. James and the first church of Jerusalem called themselves doers of the law.
Jesus teaches on a new covenent, but where does Jesus teach on undoing the laws of His Father?
and what was with all that "follow me" stuff Jesus was always going on about?
and why did Jesus and the 12 call it "the way"? that way apparently is not the proper way anymore?
whos way do we follow? who is the example?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Ok let's go with your belief. Jesus did fulfill God's Law otherwise he could not be a perfect sacrifice I agree but he did not fulfill it to give us a license to sin. You say God's Law is not ABOLISHED? This is correct as well as the scriptures clearly show above.

So if God's Law has not been ABOLISHED according to your own words; why do you say the 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED when there is no scripture in all of God's Word that says this?

The fourth commandment is included in the law that Jesus fulfilled on the cross. It is not a separate law apart from the rest. We cannot pick and choose which parts of the law we didn't want Jesus to have fulfilled. He fulfilled the purpose of ALL of it.

The sabbath was the sign of the covenant God made with the Israelites at Sinai just like circumcision was the sign of the covenant that God made with Abraham. However, once we accept Jesus as our Lord, we are under a new covenant of grace and the purpose of the old was completed. "It is finished." (Not abolished...the law is still there, but it's purpose is not for the righteous through Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:9
9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,​

No one has claimed that Jesus fulfilling the law gives us a license to sin. That's part of the reason we are gifted with the Holy Spirit as our guide. The Holy Spirit is what convicts us now, not law.

It is a simple question I am not talking about judging anyone. I am asking about righteous judgement according to scripture. It seems like you are avoiding the question.

What does God's Word say about the question..............................

Hebrews 10
26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

There is the answer to the question. If you are living in a life of unrepentant sin you are not in a saved state before God and if you do not repent you will be lost.

If someone isn't producing any fruit of the Spirit, then it's questionable that they had been saved in the first place. It is still God's place to judge though, not ours. It's possible a person could be in a saved state but not allowing the Holy Spirit to act, so they never actually mature in their faith.

Another unanswered question and something that has not been done numerous times at all. If you believe what I am saying is not correct please by all means show me the scripture that says; God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. There is no scripture.

Yes, we have answered these particular questions numerous times in multiple posts. It is very easy to go back and look at them as they are all still there.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
This post does not make any sense as you are making an argument that is not there. I am saying nope to your accusation of agenda when all I have provided is scripture that refutes the OP. How can God make a covenant with our ancestors in Deuteronomy 5:3 when their ancestors were dead? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living (Matthew 22:32).

The agenda of trying to convince people who have been freed through Jesus from the law to return to the bondage of the law. There is no salvation in the law. Salvation is through Jesus alone.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The fourth commandment is included in the law that Jesus fulfilled on the cross. It is not a separate law apart from the rest. We cannot pick and choose which parts of the law we didn't want Jesus to have fulfilled. He fulfilled the purpose of ALL of it.
So it sounds to me like what you are saying is that Jesus fulfilled the Law so we do not have to keep it? Is this what you are saying? This is denying the power of God unto salvation. Salvation is from sin not in sin (1 John 3:3-9). If you are living a life of sin you do not know him who loves all (1 John 3:6).
The sabbath was the sign of the covenant God made with the Israelites at Sinai just like circumcision was the sign of the covenant that God made with Abraham. However, once we accept Jesus as our Lord, we are under a new covenant of grace and the purpose of the old was completed. "It is finished." (Not abolished...the law is still there, but it's purpose is not for the righteous through Jesus.
It seems you do not know what the new covenant is, try reading Hebrews 8:10-12. God's Law (10 commandments) are the standard of the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Judgement to come. You must have missed the scriptures posted earlier. The Mosaic laws were the ones that were the shadows not the 10 commandments. Seems you missed all the scriptures in post # 4; Post # 5; Post # 6 and Post # 7 (linked) that disagree with you. The purpose of the God's Law is to give a knowledge of sin and righteousness (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172). It is the knowledge of good and evil. You mix up the Mosaic laws that were shadows pointing to Jesus and were fulfilled in him and God's Law which is forever and the standard of the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Judgement to come (scriptures already posted in the linked posts above)
No one has claimed that Jesus fulfilling the law gives us a license to sin. That's part of the reason we are gifted with the Holy Spirit as our guide. The Holy Spirit is what convicts us now, not law. If someone isn't producing any fruit of the Spirit, then it's questionable that they had been saved in the first place. It is still God's place to judge though, not ours. It's possible a person could be in a saved state but not allowing the Holy Spirit to act, so they never actually mature in their faith.
Yet you say it is ok not to keep the 4th commandment which is one of the ten and we are told of we break one we stand guilt of sin before God as if we broke all of them. (James 2:8-12). God only gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey him (Acts 5:32)
Yes, we have answered these particular questions numerous times in multiple posts. It is very easy to go back and look at them as they are all still there.
No you did not answer this post please go back and show me the answer. Here you go here is the question again; Where in God's Word does it say that God's 4th commandment has now been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Last edited:
Reactions: jaybird88
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The agenda of trying to convince people who have been freed through Jesus from the law to return to the bondage of the law. There is no salvation in the law. Salvation is through Jesus alone.

There is no agenda on my side. I am only sharing God's Word. We either believe God's Word or we do not. I do not judge you. Who has told you there is salvation in the Law? Not me and if I am not saying that you have nothing to argue about.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
can someone refresh my memory on that old saying written in stone, so does that mean temporary?
Great question jaybird88, here they are again....................

The Law of God (10 commandments) is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very foundation of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1-17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17; 14:12; 22:14; 1 John 3:5-8; 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14; James 2:10-12; 1 John 3:4; Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Hebrews 8:10-12) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Romans 13:10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15). He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4) Obedience to God’s Law is the fruit of faith that works by love and fulfills

Yep plenty of scripture posted on page one as well but seems like they are not important to some.

I think this will be my last post here. There is no discussion and scripture is ignored as are the questions asked.

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great question jaybird88, I am not sure anyone cares for the scriptures though as they have already been posted; here they are again....................

The Law of God (10 commandments) is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very foundation of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Romans 13:10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15). He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4) Obedience to God’s Law is the fruit of faith that works by love and fulfills

Yep plenty of scripture posted on page one but seems like they are not important to some

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.
i agree with you brother!
"follow me" is simple enough for me to understand.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
So it sounds to me like what you are saying is that Jesus fulfilled the Law so we do not have to keep it? Is this what you are saying? This is denying the power of God unto salvation. Salvation is from sin not in sin (1 John 3:3-9). If you are living a life of sin you do not know him who loves all (1 John 3:6).

When we put our trust in Jesus and accept him as our Lord and Savior, we are declared "not guilty" (justification by faith) and made righteous through *his* righteousness. We receive the Holy Spirit who acts within us to transform us from our old self to our new self in Christ. The Holy Spirit will produce good fruit from us and our desires will be for good and not evil.

In order to mature in our faith (sanctification), we will desire to act in ways that draw us closer to God, not separate ourselves from him (through sin). This is where obedience to Jesus comes into play because we want to walk with him and allow the Holy Spirit to transform us to become more Christ-like. However, these things are a *result* of being saved, and not things we attempt to do *to* be saved.

The law leads us *to* sin and Jesus through the Holy Spirit frees us *from* sin.

It seems you do not know what the new covenant is try reading Hebrews 8:10-12. God's Law (10 commandments) are the standard of the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Judgement to come. You must have missed the scriptures posted earlier. The Mosaic laws were the ones that were the shadows not the 10 commandments. Seems you missed all the scriptures in post # 4; Post # 5; Post # 6 and Post # 7 (linked) that disagree with you. The purpose of the God's Law is to give a knowledge of sin and righteousness (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172). It is the knowledge of good and evil. You mix up the Mosaic laws that were shadows pointing to Jesus and were fulfilled in him and God's Law which is forever and the standard of the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Judgement to come (scriptures already posted in the linked posts above)

There is one Law that includes all the laws given to Moses, including the ten commandments. They are not broken up into categories so we can pick and choose between them. These different categories you are using not scriptural and are human-constructed. If we choose to live under the law rather than Jesus, we must follow ALL of it, not just the statutes and ordinances and commandments we prefer.

Yet you say it is ok not to keep the 4th commandment which is one of the ten and we are told of we break one we stand guilt of sin before God as if we broke all of them. (James 2:8-12). God only gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey him (Acts 5:32)

What James is saying is true. If we are under the law and are being judged by the law, then we must keep the WHOLE law or we are guilty and blemished by sin. It is why we have all sinned and fall short of God's glory as no one (barring Jesus) has been able to keep the entire law perfectly and we cannot have any sin within us and live in the presence of a pure and holy God.

But the GOOD NEWS is that by putting our trust in Jesus, we are proclaimed NOT GUILTY and are made righteous through *his* righteousness. It's why we *can't* do it on our own through the law. The Old Covenant law showed us just how desperately we need Jesus because there is no salvation through the law. Through the law, we are all condemned. *Jesus* is the only salvation, not law.

If we could be saved by the law, there would have been no point to Jesus's death.

No you did not answer this post please go back and show me the answer. Here you go here is the question again; Where in God's Word does it say that God's 4th commandment has now been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Please go back to all the other times you asked these questions and read the responses beneath.

Upvote 0

FreeAtLast

Messianic Jew
Mar 20, 2008
✟21,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the Essenes were the first new covenant community, and they followed the law to a tee. James and the first church of Jerusalem called themselves doers of the law.
Jesus teaches on a new covenent, but where does Jesus teach on undoing the laws of His Father?
and why did Jesus and the 12 call it "the way"? that way apparently is not the proper way anymore?

Please, save the sarcasm, it is not the way of Messiah. OK? One is not walking in His ways by being nasty.

If you will please READ the Scriptures I posted in the OP it is very clear that born again Believers in Yeshua are not required to observe the Old Covenant Law of Moses, we are to obey Yeshua's NEW Covenant, which is NOT the same as the previous Law which was given at Sinai (read Jeremiah 31:31-34.) Yeshua FULFILLED the Law and the Prophets and gave us His New Covenant. (Read Luke 22:20) Will you please read the Scriptures I posted? I believe they will answer your questions.

"Follow me" is also very clear. He did not say "Follow the Old Covenant Law" Did He? No, He said "Follow Me". He was giving us the NEW way, not the way of the Old Covenant Law, He says so in His own words.

Again, Yeshua never "undid" the Law of Moses and the Prophets, He FULFILLED them (Read Matthew 5:17). There are no further requirements needs for either. Halleluyah! Yeshua has set us free!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeAtLast

Messianic Jew
Mar 20, 2008
✟21,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i agree with you brother!
"follow me" is simple enough for me to understand.

Yes, it is simple if you understand the Scriptures in context. Yeshua did not say "Follow the Old Covenant Law of Moses", He said "Follow Me!"

Yeshua told the Law Keeper that was not enough.

Mark 10:17-22
17 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except G-d alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” 21 And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

If all it took was following the Old Covenant Law of Moses, then Yeshua would not have said to add more. and THEN follow Him.

Upvote 0

FreeAtLast

Messianic Jew
Mar 20, 2008
✟21,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
can someone refresh my memory on that old saying written in stone, so does that mean temporary?

Did you perhaps miss the Scripture regarding this? Here you go, I'll repost that the Old Covenant Law of Moses, written on stone WAS temporary and according to G-d's Word, was "the ministry of death" and it was brought "to an end."

2 Corinthians 3:7-8

7 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where does James make this comment about claiming to be a doer of the law? The Essenes were Jews.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is this sin that grieves you so much? Essentially the sin you address is mostly known as crime (both capital and misdemeanor). What I read from your posts is not keeping the sabbath is sin. How? By your question about fulfilling the law, you state we must also fulfill the law. The substitionary acts of Jesus don't qualify according to your posts. Animal sacrifice teaches substitionary atonement. This atonement (absolution of sin) is only accomplished through Jesus. Any reliance on keeping the law will only shut a person out of heaven. See John 10.
It seems you do not know what the new covenant is, try reading Hebrews 8:10-12. God's Law (10 commandments) are the standard of the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Judgement to come. You must have missed the scriptures posted earlier. The Mosaic laws were the ones that were the shadows not the 10 commandments. Seems you missed all the scriptures in post # 4; Post # 5; Post # 6 and Post # 7 (linked) that disagree with you. The purpose of the God's Law is to give a knowledge of sin and righteousness (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172). It is the knowledge of good and evil. You mix up the Mosaic laws that were shadows pointing to Jesus and were fulfilled in him and God's Law which is forever and the standard of the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Judgement to come (scriptures already posted in the linked posts above)
Who is it that doesn't understand the new covenant? Even a quick reading of Hebrews 8:6-12 won't allow your view. They say better promises. Verse 9 says "not according to..."
James 2 isn't an admonition to keep the law. Nothing in verse 9 is found in the law. Here's the verse:

But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
This is a legalism question not applicable to the Christian from anything in the NT.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no agenda on my side. I am only sharing God's Word. We either believe God's Word or we do not. I do not judge you. Who has told you there is salvation in the Law? Not me and if I am not saying that you have nothing to argue about.
So discourage and assail anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The law as presented to us in the Old Testament is all about consequences. Break God's law, and the consequences will be harsh, brutal and certain.
Consider moral law to be akin to physical law. For every action there is an opposite reaction. The world is a dangerous place, with large areas of dark unknown. If we do not stay aware, and create environments through words of truth, there will be dire consequences.

Whatever Jesus' fulfilling of the law ultimately means, what it does not mean is that there will not be consequences for us for breaking the law. The sins of the father being carried onto the sons for generations is not about justice. It is about consequences.

Populist preachers abound that point to every hurricane and earthquake and terrorist attack as the consequences for Sins A or B or C. Of course they don't know that is the case. But there is a clinical psychologist on the web (Jordan Peterson) who has come to understand through his practice that nobody gets away with anything. He maps out the roots of the broken people that come to him for help, and it is inevitable that as he goes through the genesis of the breakdown, there is some egregious act that is at the root of it all.
Don't think for even a moment that scoffing at the faith and the efforts of our fathers, and rejecting what we have inherited from them, will be consequence free. Don't entertain the thought that we can abort a third of every next generation and carry on as if our breaking of moral laws are being carried about in a consequence free zone. Many of the laws and rites of ancient Israel are specific to that culture in that place and time. But God himself is the absolute moral principle. When we disregard God, we really ought to turn to the Old Testament first to see how well that turns out for people.
Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it. If the OT teaches us anything at all, it is that there are some cycles of history that we do not want to repeat at all. The consequences can be truly terrifying.

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read James and could not find where James said he was a "doer of the law"

Who is writing that Jesus undid the law? He fulfilled the law, meaning he brought the law to an end. Rad Paul's words in Gal 3:19. If you do not believe Jesus brought the law to an end then you are under the law and you must do everything in the law as required by God at Sinai.

Jesus was under the old covenant talking to those under the old covenant. Sure we are to follow Him just as He followed His Father's laws given to Israel. Jn15:9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Jesus is the Way. Could you be mistaken?

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I remind everyone that the law given at Sinai was not for salvation purposes. In Exodus 19 verses 5 and 6 God told Moses what the law He was about to give Israel was about. The covenant God was about to give Israel was a conditional covenant "Now if you obey me..." "you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation." God doesn't tell Moses that the covenant would save Israel or even an individual. The covenant was about how God wanted Israel to live in the land He was about to give them. The land God promised Abraham offspring. But the SDA church decided to make the fourth commandment of 612 laws salvational. The revered SDA prophet wrote the following:

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

I do know one thing about what isn't sin, I know and that is it is not a sin for not observing the 7th-day Sabbath. The other law of the 613 laws that SDAs make salvational is the one on tithing. See the following:

God's reserved resources are to be used in no such haphazard way. The
C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image001.png
tithe
C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image002.png
is the Lord's, and those who meddle with it will be punished with the loss of their heavenly treasure unless they repent. Let the work no longer be hedged up because the tithe has been diverted into various channels other than the one to which the Lord has said it should go. Provision is to be made for these other lines of work. They are to be sustained, but not from the tithe. God has not changed; the tithe is still to be used for the support of the ministry. The opening of new fields requires more ministerial efficiency than we now have, and there must be means in the treasury. {9T 249.4}

Believers are not under those laws and to make them salvational is heresy. The tithing laws were only for those who raised crops or livestock. No one else was required to pay tithe. Jesus would not have been a tithe payer. Did He loose His eternal reward? Please beware of those who would put us under Torah and make up laws that are not scriptural.

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please, save the sarcasm, it is not the way of Messiah. OK? One is not walking in His ways by being nasty.
those questions were far from nasty. but if they offended then i am sorry for that.

If you will please READ the Scriptures I posted in the OP it is very clear that born again Believers in Yeshua are not required to observe the Old Covenant Law of Moses, we are to obey Yeshua's NEW Covenant, which is NOT the same as the previous Law which was given at Sinai (read Jeremiah 31:31-34.) Yeshua FULFILLED the Law and the Prophets and gave us His New Covenant.
i see nothing in Jer that says the law is being thrown out. i see law being being put on their minds? what law, according you the law is gone and there is no law to be put on anyones mind. [/QUOTE]

(Read Luke 22:20) Will you please read the Scriptures I posted? I believe they will answer your questions.
and here Jesus speaks of a new covenant, and mentions nothing of doing away of the law.

Again, Yeshua never "undid" the Law of Moses and the Prophets, He FULFILLED them (Read Matthew 5:17). There are no further requirements needs for either. Halleluyah! Yeshua has set us free!

fulfilled means different things to you and i. to me it means Jesus did what the law said, to you it means Jesus did away with it.

Yes, it is simple if you understand the Scriptures in context. Yeshua did not say "Follow the Old Covenant Law of Moses", He said "Follow Me!"
so when Jesus says follow me what He means by that is dont do what He does? wouldnt that be "dont" follow me?

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just read James and could not find where James said he was a "doer of the law"

James 4:11
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

Who is writing that Jesus undid the law? He fulfilled the law, meaning he brought the law to an end. Rad Paul's words in Gal 3:19. If you do not believe Jesus brought the law to an end then you are under the law and you must do everything in the law as required by God at Sinai.
ending the law is the same as undoing the law. the effects are no different.
Jesus was under the old covenant talking to those under the old covenant. Sure we are to follow Him just as He followed His Father's laws given to Israel. Jn15:9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Jesus is the Way. Could you be mistaken?
i thought the way of Jesus was the way. but today mans theology says different

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.