Why are there so many near death expirences with people of other religions who dont see Jesus?

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It troubles me that so many can experience this and not see Jesus or turn to Christianity. It doesn't make me doubt God but it gives me anxiety that maybe Jesus isn't the only way? Has anyone here had a NDE and saw Jesus? I'm sure the soul sleepers will come but I truly believe soul sleep is unbiblical so your arguments wont convince me.

Just google NDE Buddha, Hinduism, Universalism...Why so many different experiences? Of course we have books written by Christians who died and saw Jesus but why doesn't everyone?

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder what the NDE believers who died and saw Jesus said he looked like?
Most of have said he looked like a little girl's painting of Jesus whos name is Akaine, the painting is called Prince of Peace.

Not saying it proves NDE I'm sure some will say he should look way more middle eastern.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Most of have said he looked like a little girl's painting of Jesus whos name is Akaine, the painting is called Prince of Peace.

Not saying it proves NDE I'm sure some will say he should look way more middle eastern.

He should look Middle Eastern logically since he was born in the Middle East, and IIRC one verse says that he looked just like any other guy and didn't look really remarkable.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm rather suspicious of 'near death experiences' in general. Yes. Jesus did bring several people back to life. Some of the disciples did also. However, in the grand scale of history, those are a very insignificant number of 'revivals'. And ALL of them were assisted by someone else, acting as God's agent.

Such events do take place. I do not think 'fakery' could be so widespread, considering not just the participant but all the medical people and the family of the participant would have to be involved in the conspiracy and NO LEAKS. I find the no leaks provision rather difficult to accept.

I am of the opinion all NDE events are based on the participant being so close to death our medical knowledge was not able to detect life, then a reversal for reason or reasons not fully explained by medical knowledge.

Therefore, Christians would see Jesus, Muslims would see Allah, Hindus would see - pick one, Buddhists would see 'nothing' and secular humanists would see Hollywood without the panhandlers. I find it rather logical.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I think its because to non-saved God wants to make it clear that He is real and they need to change their life.
That is possible. I tend not to accept that in the main as God instructed His followers to 'preach the gospel' and the Holy Spirit works on hearts and minds.

But I stop well short of absolutely denying the possibility.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Like the video.

Upvote 0

Fish14

Dec 16, 2016
Brussels
✟33,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It troubles me that so many can experience this and not see Jesus or turn to Christianity. It doesn't make me doubt God but it gives me anxiety that maybe Jesus isn't the only way? Has anyone here had a NDE and saw Jesus? I'm sure the soul sleepers will come but I truly believe soul sleep is unbiblical so your arguments wont convince me.

Just google NDE Buddha, Hinduism, Universalism...Why so many different experiences? Of course we have books written by Christians who died and saw Jesus but why doesn't everyone?

I think near-death experiences have nothing to do with Christianity. When the brain gets less oxygen, it can cause out-of-body experiences and hallucinations. Buddhists are just more likely to hallucinate about Buddha than Jesus.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think its because to non-saved God wants to make it clear that He is real and they need to change their life.

If that's the case, wouldn't it make sense for Jesus to appear to everyone who has a NDE?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If that's the case, wouldn't it make sense for Jesus to appear to everyone who has a NDE?
I have had many many many NDE, never once saw Jesus.

Closest thing I got to seeing anything was I actually medically died, but all I saw was a big black abyss. Was conscious though.

Upvote 0

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think near-death experiences have nothing to do with Christianity. When the brain gets less oxygen, it can cause out-of-body experiences and hallucinations. Buddhists are just more likely to hallucinate about Buddha than Jesus.

If that's the case what do you think about stuff like this?

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about people who are actually dead, that do come back?
Their brains are off, no source for hallucination.

• Useful
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yogosans14

Mar 3, 2013
✟19,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well aleast NDEs prove there is conscious existence after death. I just hope when I die I get to meet me Lord Jeus not the new age stuff I hear about..

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I wonder what the NDE believers who died and saw Jesus said he looked like?

I saw who I think was Jesus in a very strange dream. The guy could change in form and apparently very strong and powerful.

Initially I saw him as a very large and very strong big-foot-like beast that is covered all over in black hair.

Then he changed form into a man who looks like a typical office guy you could have bumped into the streets of New York.

We had a conversation but he never introduced himself as Jesus. How I think he is Jesus, he asked me to leave (private matter) and come and follow him and he will teach me the stuff he just showed among many other things.

Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Alternative theory: NDE's are just products of the brain and not valid spiritual encounters.

So of course not everyone is going to see Jesus, if I was raised Buddhist my brain is going to create an entirely different subjective experience as it is starved of oxygen.

Which is why you shouldn't give NDE's any validity. They are the products of the human brain, usually due the brain being starved of oxygen. There isn't anything spiritual about them, no one is seeing heaven or hell, or meeting with Jesus (or Buddha, or the Great Spirit, or Zeus). They are having a purely subjective, physiological experience.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
near death experiences aren't real. psychological, neurological, etc. explanations for it. They have created near death experiments by stimulating specific areas of patient's brains.

Besides that, The visions and so forth that happen in NDE are not compatible with the Bible.

Death is defined (usually) when the heart stops beating. The brain continues to live on for a few more minutes until it runs out of oxygen, etc. I agree with the other poster who said that the only truly dead were those brought back by Jesus and Paul, etc.

Upvote 0