why are there so many evil people in the world?

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
God did something about it you know how the gospel works right? there is redemption in Jesus and all preachers out there are telling you about the good news, now every person has to respond.
After the fact. He sees children being raped and allows it to happen but then says I will punish my son for this sin all the while the rape victims life is forever changed and many time ruined. If you had the power to stop this act I bet you would, you and I are more moral than the Christian god as portrayed in the bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
After the fact. He sees children being raped and allows it to happen but then says I will punish my son for this sin all the while the rape victims life is forever changed and many time ruined. If you had the power to stop this act I bet you would, you and I are more moral than the Christian god as portrayed in the bible.

I agree.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Man is responsible for their acts, don't blame that God does nothing when we are the ones screwing up,

The solution to sin, or evil is there and available.
If God were more evil than man, God would would be inflicting all the evil man does and more, and this world would be hell on earth a lot more than already is,
but no hes is good and does not do that, actually there is lot of mercy available for the people on earth, is too much to ask that we accept his free blessing? and obey our creator? God blessed us with a life, and a nice world.
God justice may seem harsh, but he is very good and merciful, and we should seek him and accept his grace.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you believe that god watches unspeakable evil and does nothing about it?

How many people were saved thru the suffering inflicted by man? Suffering that caused them to turn to God for help.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How many people were saved thru the suffering inflicted by man? Suffering that caused them to turn to God for help.
God cannot use another way to get someones attention other than to send someone to rape them? WTH?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Man is responsible for their acts, don't blame that God does nothing when we are the ones screwing up,
God is the only one that has the ability to stop every child rape that ever happens and he does not. Any person that watched a child being raped and did nothing should be put in jail.

The solution to sin, or evil is there and available.
If God were more evil than man, God would would be inflicting all the evil man does and more, and this world would be hell on earth a lot more than already is,
but no hes is good and does not do that, actually there is lot of mercy available for the people on earth, is too much to ask that we accept his free blessing? and obey our creator? God blessed us with a life, and a nice world.
God justice may seem harsh, but he is very good and merciful, and we should seek him and accept his grace.
This is just saying that god does bad things but we will just believe he is good anyway. If we taught actual morals based on well being the world would be a better place instead of telling everyone they are terrible and forgiveness through a sacrifice.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Speaking of suffering and the topic of this thread, there is a lot of suffreing in the UK too, most created by man, it not has to be like starving children etc. imagine a world people are just to each other and helps, don't cheat, don't lie, don't compete in a unfair way, and don't have hate, selfishness etc etc, that world doesn't exists because man has a tendency to do wrong.
Well, that is true. Kind of obvious, but true none the less.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is the only one that has the ability to stop every child rape that ever happens and he does not. Any person that watched a child being raped and did nothing should be put in jail.

This is just saying that god does bad things but we will just believe he is good anyway. If we taught actual morals based on well being the world would be a better place instead of telling everyone they are terrible and forgiveness through a sacrifice.

You can't teach good morals, this is not about education, you would hit a wall and people would still do wrong.

Why he does not stop every evil action? There should be pretty good reason for that, but don't think God is not disgusted by a rapist actions.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can't teach good morals, this is not about education, you would hit a wall and people would still do wrong.
You absolutely can teach good morals. I never said that people will not choose to do bad, they would just know why it is bad. We teach our morals to our children in many ways, we need to be more intentional about it and get rid of bible based morals.

Why he does not stop every evil action? There should be pretty good reason for that, but don't think God is not disgusted by a rapist actions.
I have no reason to believe that he is disgusted by it if he has the power to stop it and does not. How about you pray that god reveals the reason to me.

Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You absolutely can teach good morals. I never said that people will not choose to do bad, they would just know why it is bad. We teach our morals to our children in many ways, we need to be more intentional about it and get rid of bible based morals.

I have no reason to believe that he is disgusted by it if he has the power to stop it and does not. How about you pray that god reveals the reason to me.

Yes he is disgusted by evil. And of course you can teach morals, but is different if people will actually accept them as something to live for and not just later do whatever they want. Some people don't even want to do the evil they do, and feel very guilty, speaks about our fallen nature.

Maybe pray to God about if he exists or not instead of me praying, if you are sincere and search enough you may get a response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟161,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes he is disgusted by evil. And of course you can teach morals, but is different if people will actually accept them as something to live for and not just later do whatever they want. Some people don't even want to do the evil they do, and feel very guilty, speaks about our fallen nature.

Maybe pray to God about if he exists or not instead of me praying, if you are sincere and search enough you may get a response.
Hello, we as Christians must show sincere love to others. We are the one who are witness of Christ to the world, and if someone wanted us to pray to our God on his/her behalf then why are we telling them to do it themselves if we are called Christians? Show the love of Christ 1Corinthians 13:7..love always hopes, always perseveres...

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, people get to decide what morals they want to live by. However, only our god can do something about it globally and does not. teaching we have a fallen nature instead of the fact that we all do good and bad things based on reasons that are good or faulty is harmful to people. There are many ex-Christians that felt for a long time that they were inherently bad people because that is what god thinks of them. This is untrue and harmful. Christianity blames the person for the bad they do but gives god the credit for any good that a person does. This is harmful teaching.

I did for almost 20 years, no show.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, we as Christians must show sincere love to others. We are the one who are witness of Christ to the world, and if someone wanted us to pray to our God on his/her behalf then why are we telling them to do it themselves if we are called Christians? Show the love of Christ 1Corinthians 13:7..love always hopes, always perseveres...

You are right, i always to to pray a little for almost everyone that i see or at least wish they can know the truth when reading the total rejection of the gospel they do without them knowing God is up there. I wish everyone could know that God is good and interacts with people close by, But i didn't feel like praying at that time, and i told him that if he wants he can search for God, because God responds.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
and i told him that if he wants he can search for God, because God responds.
I have demonstrated this to be false. I sincerely believed for a long time and realized my belief was unfounded. If god exists and wanted to solidify my belief he could have.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, people get to decide what morals they want to live by. However, only our god can do something about it globally and does not. teaching we have a fallen nature instead of the fact that we all do good and bad things based on reasons that are good or faulty is harmful to people. There are many ex-Christians that felt for a long time that they were inherently bad people because that is what god thinks of them. This is untrue and harmful. Christianity blames the person for the bad they do but gives god the credit for any good that a person does. This is harmful teaching.

I did for almost 20 years, no show.

You should insist, God is up there and can get close to people, maybe go see a pastor? get involved in some church? God likes to manifest within his people.

And yes 'i'm evil' too i have tendency to go against what i believe is right, with the help of God we can overcome a lot of that like Paul said we have a body of death that doesn't let you do the things you want but thanks to Jesus we can control that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You should insist, God is up there and can get close to people, maybe go see a pastor? get involved in some church? God likes to manifest within his people.
I was a sincere Christian for almost 20 years.

And yes 'i'm evil' too i have tendency to go against what i believe is right, with the help of God we can overcome a lot of that like Paul said we have a body of death that doesn't let you do the things you want but thanks to Jesus we can control that.
No, you are not evil. You do good and bad things.

• Agree
Reactions: holo
Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have demonstrated this to be false. I sincerely believed for a long time and realized my belief was unfounded. If god exists and wanted to solidify my belief he could have.

I don't know why God didn't respond to you, but he responded to a lot of people, get involved in a church that preaches the Holy spirit, if you desire i mean.. He responds, i have experienced awesome things, i tell you to go to some Holy spirit filled church because i didn't know God, but he manifested to me in church, i thought he was distant thing, judging people up there very far away, but no, he likes to get close to people, maybe you can help the circumstances by doing some stuff, like reading, kneeling, praying, go to a church with Holy spirit filled pèople etc...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟161,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right, i always to to pray a little for almost everyone that i see or at least wish they can know the truth when reading the total rejection of the gospel they do without them knowing God is up there. I wish everyone could know that God is good and interacts with people close by, But i didn't feel like praying at that time, and i told him that if he wants he can search for God, because God responds.
Thank brother in Christ, yes I have been in that position and still have sometimes...Our God is bigger than our hearts and He knows everything...

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why God didn't respond to you, but he responded to a lot of people, get involved in a church that preaches the Holy spirit, if you desire i mean.. He responds, i have experienced awesome things, i tell you to go to some Holy spirit filled church because i didn't know God, but he manifested to me in church, i thought he was distant thing, judging people up there very far away, but no, he likes to get close to people, maybe you can help the circumstances by doing some stuff, like reading, kneeling, praying, go to a church with Holy spirit filled pèople etc...
Is 20 years not enough? Why shouldn't I try to contact the Muslim god or a Hindu god etc.?

How did god manifest to you and can you demonstrate that it was god?

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was a sincere Christian for almost 20 years.

No, you are not evil. You do good and bad things.

Yes i'm evil... but that is ok, i don't feel bad because... God understand me and wants to help me.

You maybe know the gospel on paper, but haven't had an encounter with Jesus, after that, there is no one to tell you he does not exists!, it would be like denying the air, you should get close to Jesus, asking with desperation even to respond he DOES respond.

Upvote 0