• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Why are there so many attacks on Asian Americans from one specific race?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Jul 24, 2021.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy Respect to those who we lost

+10,120
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While not solely African American attacks - it does seem disproportionally so.

[​IMG]

I started looking at the accounts of attacks on Asian Americans and was over whelmed with the sheer number of attacks from one race in particular.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hislegacy

+10,120
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    Lots of anecdotes, no objective, validated studies. Rather than deploring the violence, whatever its source, one almost feels more inclined to question the underlying motives of the OP.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  4. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+10,927
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I agree. It’s weird, sad, ironic, and unfortunate. Yes, everybody can be racist. Attacking people because of their race / ethnicity is racist, even if you’re darker than they are.

5. hislegacy

+10,120
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    My underlying motivation is in plain sight - why is one particular race disproportionally attacking Asains.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Ophiolite

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    Of course it is. It couldn't be anything else. One only has to read through a variety of your posts to understand that.

Of course, that still leaves open the question, why are you reaching a provisional conclusion based entirely on anecdotes and imagining that is in some way significant? And is it sensitivity that stops you saying African-American? Or is it something more cynical?

7. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+1,593
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That is easy, they aren't. Both the the advocacy group Stop AAPI and the FBI's hate crime records show that African Americans are responsible for less than 5% of the hate crimes perpetrated against Asian American's in 2020 Hate Crimes against Asian Americans.

The largest group committing these hate crimes is white evangelical males who are responsible for 75% of them. Prejudice and pandemic

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  8. Norbert L

Norbert L Well-Known Member Supporter

+910
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I think it's education is to blame.

Kids only learn from their street community, it's not only mom and dad. Then there's relatives too that are known to play a major role. Now this man say's it's even his teachers at his high school's idea to do it to his children, saying it at a public meeting too. He's very angry about it.

9. hislegacy

+10,120
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I am not your boogeyman.

10. Ophiolite

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    I agree that education, or rather lack of the right kind of education, has a role in crimes and violence in general. However, before we assess its place here we need some objective data that clearly defines what the problem is, not what some random guy on the internet thinks it is.

11. hislegacy

+10,120
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Your first link states this:

The nature and characteristics of victims, offenses, offenders, and situational conditions of hate crimes against Asian Americans largely remain unknown.
    I didn't waste my time with the other.

12. Ophiolite

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    Fair enough. But perhaps you can help answer the question that thanks to @Quartermaine now is one of substance. Can you explain why Asian Americans are being attacked predominantly by white, evangelical males?

Edit: I see your reply to Quatermaine, so I'll just mark you down as "Denial". Nothing more to discuss.

13. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,131
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    They attacked white, hispanic and black too. Most of the attacks are not front page news.

14. Space Monkey

Space Monkey Active Member

+572
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    I'm just going to say that whenever I hear about or see criminal news in my city, I guess right 9 times out of 10.

15. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Anti-Democratic Monarchist

+2,874
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Black lives matter!

16. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+1,593
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    and what did it say about known offenders?
    Denial it is

17. Palmfever

Palmfever Active Member Supporter

+224
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Maybe because they are successful and disprove critical race theory.
    "If America is still a systemically racist country for minorities, how come they have allowed Asian Americans to overtake Whites in education level and socioeconomic status? Asians get higher test scores," Xu said.

The "Inconvenient Minority" author said that Asian Americans face plenty of problems but doesn't buy into CRT's theory that systemic racism limits opportunities for all non-White Americans.

"The whole idea of critical race theory is developed by saying, ‘Hey, our laws, our society, our structures are inherently stacked against people of color,'" Xu said. "Asian Americans prove that, even in the face of whatever racial narratives that you're in, you still can succeed, that this country is the land of opportunity."

Xu has been an outspoken critic of critical race theory and enlisted James Lindsay, who wrote the best-selling book "Cynical Theories: How Activists Scholarship Made Everything About Race, Gender, and Identity – And Why This Harms Everybody," to pen the foreword. Lindsay wrote that critical race theory denigrates the key American virtue that a combination of talent and hard work can result in genuine, earned success.
    More

18. SongOnTheWind

SongOnTheWind Well-Known Member

+365
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    When we fuel the fire of hate, we're only doing the devil's work him. Why do we insist on doing so? Over and over again. Thread after thread. People have varying degrees of melanin. Get over yourselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+23,110
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What particular race is that? It seems like you're avoiding just saying who you think it is. Just ask the question. Why do black people keep attacking Asians?

And to that I say, they are not. These are cherry picked examples.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. hislegacy

+10,120
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I find it interesting that people have more issues with pointing out the problem than actually addressing the problem or even attempting to answer the question.