Why are there so many attacks on Asian Americans from one specific race?

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
He's not the only person with a similar reaction. How much data is necessary?
Considerably more than a handful of anecdotes and a posting history that screams prejudice.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I remember when Rodney King was beaten, and the riots that ensued; a large number of rioters went to the Asian business in their communities and destroyed them. It is common for Asians to own most of the Stores and shops in poor black communities, and there is often resentment because of this
I think it's because they extract the money of the neighborhood without offering any jobs to that same neighborhood. Well, sometimes they hire a black dude to take out the trash and clean the grease traps on the deep fryer. It's disrespectful to take from a community without adding anything to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Considerably more than a handful of anecdotes and a posting history that screams prejudice.
Seems to me when dealing with violence by police, anecdotes are the only evidence or data that seem to matter.

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's because they extract the money of the neighborhood without offering any jobs to that same neighborhood. Well, sometimes they hire a black dude to take out the trash and clean the grease traps on the deep fryer. It's disrespectful to take from a community without adding anything to it.

I agree it is extremely disrespectful to take without contributing.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I invest my life savings into a community in order to start a business where one does not exist, I am not taking from that community, I am now an investor of that community; I am now a part of that community. If I choose to only hire my family to work my business, or my friends whom I trust and will not fight for higher wages, that is my right. I am contributing to that community by offering a service to everybody that is close to their home so they don’t have to go far out of town to buy or receive the service I offer; IOW that community is much better off with me and my business there than they would be if I were not. I do not owe anybody else a job; if anybody has a problem with that, let them invest their life savings to open up their own business and hire the people I refuse to hire.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Targeted by whom? Other blacks?

By American law and jurisprudence, for instance. As an example, there were never specific laws in the US that relegated Asians to generational slavery. There was never a Supreme Court decision that explicitly stated no Asian had any rights that a white man was obligated to observe.

Plessy v Ferguson did not include Asians.

Asians got a pass in most state anti-miscegenation laws, whereas blacks were explicitly called out in them. The "one drop rule" was never applied to Asians.

We don't have records of white mobs burning down any Chinatowns into the 20th century.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your first link states this:

The nature and characteristics of victims, offenses, offenders, and situational conditions of hate crimes against Asian Americans largely remain unknown.
I didn't waste my time with the other.
You do realize that your position here invalidates your OP ?

So ... it's either believe your anecdotes, believe the studies that have been done, or believe that nobody knows ...

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If I invest my life savings into a community in order to start a business where one does not exist, I am not taking from that community, I am now an investor of that community; I am now a part of that community. If I choose to only hire my family to work my business, or my friends whom I trust and will not fight for higher wages, that is my right. I am contributing to that community by offering a service to everybody that is close to their home so they don’t have to go far out of town to buy or receive the service I offer; IOW that community is much better off with me and my business there than they would be if I were not. I do not owe anybody else a job; if anybody has a problem with that, let them invest their life savings to open up their own business and hire the people I refuse to hire.
It's your right but it doesn't make you part of the neighborhood when neither you nor your employees live. You are more like a parasite than an investor in the neighborhood

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually that only "proves" that Asians have not been targeted as consistently and as long as blacks.
Dang, all those westerns portraying Chinese laying down the tracks were actually black? Hollywood, Heh...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dang, all those westerns portraying Chinese laying down the tracks were actually black? Hollywood, Heh...

A. A lot of workers laying rails across the nation actually were black from the east coast into the Great Plains. All of the rails laid in the South prior to the Civil War were by slaves, and at some point all the major railroads used slave labor.

B. That all you got?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Can we count Hiroshima as a hate crime against Asians? I wonder how much that would skew the numbers.
Operation meeting house would pump the numbers up more.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm curious as to in which cities these crimes are most predominant. Black on black crimes continue to skyrocket in already out of control Chicago, Baltimore, and St. Louis. 'Criminal reform' is playing a role, for sure.

Crime isn't "out of control" in Chicago.
List of United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia

Additionally, any rise in crime in Baltimore would undoubtedly involve "black on black" crimes since 2/3 of our population is black.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Being outraged at visible racist material being taught at a school when that person saw it is mostly considered a typically normal response. How is that anecdotal?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Had to look that one up.
It’s tragic that the details of the bombing campaign against Japan has been so over shadowed by its finale.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Being outraged at visible racist material being taught at a school when that person saw it is mostly considered a typically normal response. How is that anecdotal?
  • What does that have to do with the thread topic, which is the alleged (and refuted) assertion that Asian Americans are being disproportionately attacked by African Americans?
  • You are telling me that "Being outraged at visible racist material being taught at a school when that person saw it is mostly considered a typically normal response." That is the epitome of an anecdote. No names. No numbers. No evidence. Just a bald assertion. A story from one person.
How many people are outraged? What is the character of their outrage? What ages, sex, education, income level, ethnicity, work, etc. do these people have? How does their reaction vary in relation to these qualifiers? And so on. Provide that kind of information, that is typical of any social study, and you no longer have an anecdote. You have something meaningful.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0