• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Why are there Disabilities?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by TheKingOfImmortality, Nov 2, 2008.

1. TheKingOfImmortality

TheKingOfImmortality Senior Member

+32
    Buddhist
    Single
    If God Created all living things to be perfect machines then why are there people born with Disabilities? Deaf, Blindness, Mute, Austism, Down Syndrome, ADD, ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, teres syndrome, dwarfism, cancer, Turner syndrome, Tay-Sachs disease, Neurofibromatosis, and others? (No Offences ment to anyone reading this who falls in with any of theses, I count as one to)

Do these not disprove the whole eye ball argument by showing there are people born who are not perfectly built as ID claims?

As a man with Asperger Syndrome I would like to know.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. [serious]

[serious] 'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA Supporter

+1,651
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I assume the response will be "the fall" instead of "imperfect replicators"

3. plindboe

plindboe Senior Member

+151
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Fruit-did-it

4. Gracchus

Gracchus Senior Veteran

+753
    Pantheist
    Single
    US-Others
    This belongs in General Apologetics. OOPS. Sorry, that is defunct.

:doh:

5. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+41,599
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    "Perfect machines"?

He created us perfect, but the Fall is responsible for our maladies --- past and present.

6. TheKingOfImmortality

TheKingOfImmortality Senior Member

+32
    Buddhist
    Single
    I afraid to ask but are you saying we are being punished by God?

7. AV1611VET

+41,599
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't think "punished" is the word --- more like "victims" --- although I'm sure there's a better word for it.

8. Washington

Washington Well-Known Member

+331
    Agnostic
    I think "victim" is a very good word for the object of god's action.

Main Entry: vic┬Ětim [​IMG]
    Pronunciation: \ˈvik-təm\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin victima; perhaps akin to Old High German wīh holy
    Date: 15th century
    1: a living being sacrificed to a deity or in the performance of a religious rite2: one that is acted on and usu. adversely affected by a force or agent <the schools are victims of the social system>: as a (1): one that is injured, destroyed, or sacrificed under any of various conditions <a victim of cancer> <a victim of the auto crash> <a murder victim> (2): one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment <a frequent victim of political attacks> b: one that is tricked or duped <a con man's victim>

9. TeddyKGB

TeddyKGB A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude

+427
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh, right. The Fall. The thing that God did but that you call by a different name so that you can say that Adam did it to himself somehow but winkwink we know who's really in control but plausible deniability and stuff.

10. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    @AV: It seems this thread is about ID. ID tries to masquerade as science, so I don't think they'll be using the Fall as an explanation any time soon.

Sometimes I think I'm at least borderline Asperger's too... (well, I don't know what to do with people and I keep bumping into furniture anyway :))

11. AV1611VET

+41,599
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then why does it start off, "If God Created..."?
    That could be true --- I don't know --- I have no idea what all ID teaches.

If this thread is about ID, I'll graciously [and gladly] bow out.

12. Naraoia

Naraoia Apprentice Biologist

+293
    Atheist
    Single
    Well, I was just guessing, maybe not well enough. Given that he specifically mentioned ID (which, incidentally, uses good design to support an intelligent designer), and assuming he's heard "the Fall" countless times, I thought ID was the main target.

True, the OP is a bit unclear on which breed(s) of creationism it is about.

I don't claim a very deep knowledge of ID, but they seem quite careful to avoid obviously fundie things like literalism.

13. AV1611VET

+41,599
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Given that where ID came from, I have no doubt it breeds confusion.