Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are under no obligation to grant evil any of their lying self-identifications. They are NOT "gay", the rainbow does NOT belong to them, they are NOT "LGBT", etc. They are perverted in the literal Latin sense, their desires turned away from their proper objects (as all of our passions are). I respond to "LGBTQAIPBN etc" by calling it "the alphabet soup". The number of letters would have to encompass every imaginable passion in the end.

true story

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's such a vile act. The very nature of it mocks the marital embrace. The entire thing, the physical act of is, it's utterly repulsive. How people can stomach the thought of it let alone march in parades praising it as "love wins" and all this other mental illness....I just don't get it. I have had a lot of people say to me at coffee hour, "liberalism is a mental illness." I'm starting to think they're not far off. Compassion and forgiveness is one thing, tacit appreciation and encouragement of a sin is a whole other affair altogether. It's bizarre. I do thank God that there seems (note the word "seems") to be darn little acceptance of this in the Orthodoxy I live in compared to Catholicism and Episcopalians, United Methodists, etc. At my parish, I do hear some sympathy for the "LGBT" bunch here and there, but mostly it's totally and unequivocally rejected and loathed. Our parish is very traditional morally. Our priest is 110% anti this filth. I thank God for him, too!

We are under no obligation to grant evil any of their lying self-identifications. They are NOT "gay", the rainbow does NOT belong to them, they are NOT "LGBT", etc. They are perverted in the literal Latin sense, their desires turned away from their proper objects (as all of our passions are). I respond to "LGBTQAIPBN etc" by calling it "the alphabet soup". The number of letters would have to encompass every imaginable passion in the end.

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like Orthodoxy is starting to see the battle that has become full blown war in Catholicism.

Liberalism isn't mental illness - it's a disease. But it's not like cancer - it's a contagious one. Watch - people become what they are surrounded by. Be careful who you surround yourself with.

Good Catholics are starting to try and group together to survive. Where I am there is not one priest in the whole diocese I consider a rock of Truth. That means tens of thousands of people without a good shepherd. And when I debate topics with people, I can't look to the clergy to back me up - I have tried and been abandoned by them.

Don't wait too long - put as much pressure as you can for the Church to do right. Don't give a dime where it won't be spent right, bolster your education programs - and correct the liberals. We have to call them to the carpet, possibly publicly at times.

Upvote 0