Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why are some people so unkind? I have been searching for the answer most of my life as I come across this strange phenomenon daily. But I am a big boy and I can take it.
Unkindness is part of fallen human nature just like telling a lie, cheating, taking revenge, etc..Jesus taught a better way to live producing fruit of the Spirit, even being kind to enemies. We are the salt and light of the world, we make the difference.

Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Unkindness is part of fallen human nature just like telling a lie, cheating, taking revenge, etc..Jesus taught a better way to live producing fruit of the Spirit, even being kind to enemies. We are the salt and light of the world, we make the difference.
Is that meant to be totally literal and taken to the Altamont end or can we stumble and fall and be forgiven again.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,315.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unkindness is part of fallen human nature ...

We knew that. Just sticking a label on something gets us nowhere. Jesus, among others of different faiths and none, have made the point. I do not go along with the 'fallen' part because of its circularity.

For me the issue is why people are often unkind when it is just as easy to be kind.

• Useful
Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We knew that. Just sticking a label on something gets us nowhere. Jesus, among others of different faiths and none, have made the point. I do not go along with the 'fallen' part because of its circularity.

For me the issue is why people are often unkind when it is just as easy to be kind.
Why do ppl lie when it's a lot easier to tell the truth...It's all about the sinful nature, and it's all about the ME attitude ppl live in... we are to teach and train up our children in the ways of the Lord. We now have world full of kids that are disrespectful, mouthy, and rebellious. Parents are not doing their job correctly. Sorry I'm getting on a rant and don't mean to.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,315.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's all about the sinful nature ... we are to teach and train up our children in the ways of the Lord.

That is the same circularity, I'm afraid. People are unkind by nature because they are naturally unkind.

(Is it a sin to be unkind?)

Upvote 0

Campos

Seek God first. God Bless!
Aug 5, 2022
Virginia Beach
✟8,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
People are unkind for what has happened to them. We should not judge the unkind, but help them. If someone did something to you, you will have to forgive. Remember, lives can only be changed through God. Take them to church, be persistent if they say "no", and important of all, pray for them.

Upvote 0