Why are so many Christians against annihilation in hell when scripture supports it?

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Age lasting correct is absolutely true since only in this age are those things happening for the purpose to correct !!!! After their judgement they can no longer receive any chance of being corrected... it is just a choice they chose that will be granted to them in the just judgement giving to all what they decided for themselves by their lives deeds and actions. Some deny the Peace and Joy which is God Himself, some embrace bitterness and anger which consumes them day in and day out. God is just and gives everyone the choice to choose to be with Him or separated from Him (in this age with the hope of being corrected, after this age there is no more correction).

Dear DeeR: You evidently do not grasp the whole of creation being set free/delivered from the bondage/tyranny of change and decay. Perhaps you have never considered the equation in Romans 5 of the polus made sinners in Adam1 being "made righteous" in the Last Adam, the Master of reconciliation the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes, the same polus "made sinners" are destined to be"made righteous"!

No hope nothing! Please follow the bouncing ball>>>>>

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has crowned us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ; even as, in His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence. For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"And He is [the] propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Please note

1. Jesus Christ IS propitiation.

2. He is propitiation for our sins (all of us).

3. Jesus Christ IS propitiation for the sins of the WHOLE world.

4. Whole= holos.

5. Holos is NOT monos or monon.

6. Jesus Christ is NOT propitiation for our sins ONLY/monon, but for the sins of the WHOLE world.

Yes, the Saviour of all mankind is the hilasmos of the holos!

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Counselor by trade Christian by life.
Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Will Christ's aionios kingdom of the millennial aion (=eon/age) last forever? Obviously not.

Revelation 11:15
Verse Concepts
Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear DeeR: You evidently do not grasp the whole of creation being set free/delivered from the bondage/tyranny of change and decay. Perhaps you have never considered the equation in Romans 5 of the polus made sinners in Adam1 being "made righteous" in the Last Adam, the Master of reconciliation the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes, the same polus "made sinners" are destined to be"made righteous"!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has crowned us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ;

even as, in His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence.

For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure--

to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One.
It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace,
the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us,
when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose

for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

You do not even attempt to speak with Love or humility but so quickly chastise and correct with a sharp critical spirit. What I consider, and hope you too will one day, is that before anything else one who teaches must come in the right spirit.
If you spent more time listening and being humble you would know that I am a great supporter and speaker for having been set free. I was referring to the 'time of correction' being temporary.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You do not even attempt to speak with Love or humility but so quickly chastise and correct with a sharp critical spirit. What I consider, and hope you too will one day, is that before anything else one who teaches must come in the right spirit.
If you spent more time listening and being humble you would know that I am a great supporter and speaker for having been set free. I was referring to the 'time of correction' being temporary.

Dear DeeR: I am so sorry you feel this way. The facts remain, however: our God has destined to restore the whole of created life back into union with Himself.

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists & in Him the all ends..."

Yes DeeR, our God is the ta panta, the Source, the Guide & the Goal of the ta panta.

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Easy to say. Another thing to prove. Can you prove the "aionion" fire (Jude 1:7) that burned Sodom burned forever? Is Sodom still burning? If that fire was temporary & not "eternal", why must the use of the same words, aionion fire, in Matthew 18:8 & 25:41 mean the fire is "eternal"? Is Love Omnipotent an eternal sadist infinitely worse than what Satan, Hitler & Stalin have done combined?

Age lasting, Yes! Correct! It is absolutely true since only in this age are those things happening for the purpose to correct !!!! After their judgement they can no longer receive any chance of being corrected... it is just a choice they chose that will be granted to them in the just judgement, giving to all what they decided for themselves by their lives deeds and actions. Some deny the Peace and Joy which is God Himself, some embrace bitterness and anger which consumes them day in and day out. God is just and gives everyone the choice to choose to be with Him or separated from Him (in this age with the hope of being corrected, after this age there is no more correction, just a fearful expectation of judgement).

By that logic one day Jesus being with the disciples "will one day expire", since Jesus said:

teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days, until the completion of the age. (Mt.28:20)

You have merely asserted that, but provided no evidence, argument, reasoning or proof that what you allege is true and not false.

No. Is Jesus being with us only temporary since He said:

teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days, until the completion of the age. (Mt.28:20)

How much more will the blood of the Annointed, who through a Spirit of That Age* offered himself unblemished to God, purify our conscience from dead observances, for worship of a living God! (Heb.9:14, DBH, * "An aeonian Spirit.")

Through the Spirit of that age, e.g. the Holy Spirit that will reign in the millennial age of 1000 years, or the Holy Spirit of this present age, Jesus "offered himself". Does that mean this present age or the millennial age will last forever? No. Does that mean the Holy Spirit will die when those ages end? No. No more than Jesus' words in Mt.28:20 mean He will only be with His disciples in this age & not after this age.

Is Jesus being with His disciples temporary since He said:

And having been perfected he became a cause of salvation in the Age for all who are obedient to Him (Heb.5:9, DBH).

"salvation in the Age", e.g. the millennial age kingdom. Those who are not "obedient to Him" will not partake of that salvation. Does that limit salvation to only the millennium age? No, for the saved will also have immortality, incorruption, always be with the Lord, pain will be no more, etc (Lk.20:36; Rev.21:4; 7:14-17; 1 Cor.15:42-57, 1 Thess.4:17, etc). Eventually all will have salvation that never ends, for God will be "all in all" (1 Cor.15:22-28; Rom.5:18-19; Phil.2:9-11; etc).

Not by blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood, he entered once and for all into the Holy of Holies, having obtained an emancipation payment for the Age (Heb.9:12, DBH).

Those that obey Him (Heb.5:9) obtain redemption in "the Age" (Heb.9:12). Those that don't obey Him will not, though even they will be eventually saved along with the saints, as referenced above.

The same words, aionios kingdom, are used of Satan's kingdom. Are you going to argue that Satan's aionios kingdom is "eternal"? Early church father Chrysostom wrote that Satan's aionios kingdom will end:

"For that his[Satan's] kingdom is of this age,[αἰώνιος] i.e., will cease with the present age[αιώνι] ..." (Homily 4 on Ephesians, Chapter II. Verses 1-3). CHURCH FATHERS: Homily 4 on Ephesians (Chrysostom)

The Greek text may be found here:

http://www.documentacatholicaomnia...._In_epistulam_II_ad_Thessalonicenses,_MGR.pdf

Will Christ's aionios kingdom of the millennial aion (=eon/age) last forever? Obviously not.

Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years. (Rev.20:6)

For thus the entrance into our Lord and savior Jesus the Annointed's Kingdom in the Age shall be lavishly provided you (2 Peter 1:11, DBH).

And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Rev.20:4b)

Does that mean they only live for 1000 years & their life is temporary? Does that mean they reign only for 1000 years and their reign is temporary?

to whom the honor and might of the Age; amen (1 Tim.6:16b, DBH)

The power of Jesus in the millennial Age no more denies His power after that age or in this present age than your teenage years deny your adult years. Just because your teenage years ended, that doesn't mean you ended. That God is the God of Abraham or Israel does not deny that He is the God of all the earth. To say that God is the Sovereign God of this present wicked age does not mean He is temporarily God or will cease to be God after this present eon ends.

God's glory of that Age. Same idea as 1 Tim.6:16 above.

Now we know that, if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a home of the Age, in the heavens, not made by hands. (2 Cor.5:1, DBH*).

Paul already told the Corinthians, in his first epistle to them, that the resurrected body will be "immortal" & "incorruptible" (1 Cor.15). To repeat that again in 2 Cor.5:1 would be redundant.

The "heavens" (2 Cor.5:1) are not eternal, but will pass away. So why assume that "the Age" (2 Cor.5:1) is eternal? After the millennial Age ends the heavens will pass away (Rev.20). That doesn't mean the immortal body will pass away. Obviously it cannot.

* The New Testament: A New Translation, by Eastern Orthodox scholar David Bentley Hart, 2017, Yale University Press

More examples of aionios as a finite duration in Koine Greek:

Two Questions

Does aionios always mean eternal in ancient Koine Greek? (paradise, Gospel, hell) - Christianity - - City-Data Forum

If Jesus wished to express endless punishment, then He would have used expressions such as "endless", "no end" & "never be saved" as per:

How Scripture expresses endless duration (not aion/ios) (paradise, hell, punishment) - Christianity - - City-Data Forum

Jesus didn't use the best words & expressions to describe endlessness in regards to punishment, because He didn't believe in endless punishment.

ENDLESSNESS not applied to eschatological PUNISHMENT in Scripture:

could an 'eternal punishment' simply mean that once instituted it will not change?

12 points re forever and ever (literally to/into "the ages of the ages") being finite:

For the Lord will NOT cast off FOR EVER:

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear DeeR: I am so sorry you feel this way. The facts remain, however: our God has destined to restore the whole of created life back into union with Himself.

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists & in Him the all ends..."

Yes DeeR, our God is the ta panta, the Source, the Guide & the Goal of the ta panta.
I do not "feel" like this it is how you treated me when you reacted to my post. To say you are sorry "I Feel" like that, is not a genuine response. God does not force those with violating their free will. He will reconcile as the scripture says as a whole, All who receive Him. He also makes clear that All will not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has crowned us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ; even as, in His love, He chose us as His own in Christ before the creation of the world, that we might be holy and without blemish in His presence. For He pre-destined us to be adopted by Himself as sons through Jesus Christ--such being His gracious will and pleasure-- to the praise of the splendour of His grace with which He has enriched us in the beloved One. It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven

by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23
if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Yes The Father and Jesus have done these things "for the purpose" to reconcile all things to Himself It has even been done so ALL could receive it.... but much the same way that Bill Gates could create/provide a relief fund and aide so all Africans could come and be fed and taken care of, if they refuse to come and receive it they will no more be helped as those freely refusing to come to the Reconciler of all things. Just because God has made the way to reconcile All things to Himself does not mean He will ever violate the free will to come or refuse He has given all people and angels alike, forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do not feel like this it is how you treated me when you reacted to my post. God does not force those with violating their free will. He will reconcile as the scripture says as a whole, All who receive Him. He also makes clear that All will not.

Dear DeeR: I believe no "free will" will be violated. I also believe the Lord Jesus Christ draws/drags with power/impels all mankind unto Himself.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven

by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23
if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Dear DeeR: The especially of His love & grace are in the here & now in the process of reconciliation. The tense is in the present continuous of be being. The "especially" or in koine, the malista are known as the elect. But our God IS the Saviour of all mankind, not a potential Saviour, He is the Saviour.

The fact is the all in heaven and earth & he underworld our God declares He will reconcile to Himself. Every last being!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Dear DeeR: I believe no "free will" will be violated. I also believe the Lord Jesus Christ draws/drags with power/impels all mankind unto Himself.

Remember all of God's word is good, but all is harmonious and must work together as a whole not in contradiction with any other part.
You are referring to John 12 but read the whole of the message and intention (emphasis mine)

Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

34 The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?” (They heard from the law the Messiah will be forever and not die....something to remember)

35 Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. 36 Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”

Providing the way for all does not mean each must not choose to follow and walk in it.

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear DeeR: The especially of His love & grace are in the here & now in the process of reconciliation. The tense is in the present continuous of be being. The "especially" or in koine, the malista are known as the elect. But our God IS the Saviour of all mankind, not a potential Saviour, He is the Saviour.

The fact is the all in heaven and earth & he underworld our God declares He will reconcile to Himself. Every last being!

My friend be at Peace and smile at the glorious news.
The Greek tense of the oblongatadivida is that the context reveals this is all conditional on the God tense of "If"....

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

All of these things are conditional IF, IF you continue in the faith, why say IF my friend if all will get it regardless? It would not be conditional if it was guaranteed to all regardless.

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Savior to All mankind, no one disagrees with. He is also Lord of all and all do not obey him. Just to be everyone's way out does not mean He forces them to take it, or that everyone one day will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes The Father and Jesus have done these things "for the purpose" to reconcile all things to Himself It has even been done so ALL could receive it.... but much the same way that Bill Gates could create/provide a relief fund and aide so all Africans could come and be fed and taken care of, if they refuse to come and receive it they will no more be helped as those freely refusing to come to the Reconciler of all things. Just because God has made the way to reconcile All things to Himself does not mean He will ever violate the free will to come or refuse He has given all people and angels alike, forever.

Dear DeeR: I fully appreciate the relief fund of Bill Gates and the need for the exercise of starving "free will" individuals to reach out and partake.

The Father declares every knee shall bow & every tongue confess He is Lord. This confession & worship is not by perfunctory genuflections, and not "at" the Name of Jesus, but IN/EN the Name of all names. Will all beings in all dimensions of the heavens, the earth, and the underworld freely worship Him? YUP!

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

TO as many as have Received Him He has given such rights...to receive the promises He has made available to all who Believe

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear DeeR: I fully appreciate the relief fund of Bill Gates and the need for the exercise of starving "free will" individuals to reach out and partake.

The Father declares every knee shall bow & every tongue confess He is Lord. This confession & worship is not by perfunctory genuflections, and not "at" the Name of Jesus, but IN/EN the Name of all names. Will all beings in all dimensions of the heavens, the earth, and the underworld freely worship Him? YUP!
My friend Acknowledging He is Lord is never the same thing as surrendering your life to Him as Lord.
If a wicked person one day Acknowledges that what they did was wrong and the judge was right, but does not regret and turn from those sinful ways, the Acknowledgment will no more set them free than Acknowledging Jesus is the Lord He is, will pardon them.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Savior to All mankind, no one disagrees with. He is also Lord of all and all do not obey him.

Dear DeeR: Not yet: please be patient. He IS the Lord of the all. Every knee, every tongue, in every dimension ultimately worships Him! And yes, DeeR, this worship is IN/EN the Name of all names!

Upvote 0

DeeR.

Nov 16, 2018
Tampa
✟16,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear DeeR: Not yet: please be patient. He IS the Lord of the all. Every knee, every tongue, in every dimension ultimately worships Him! And yes, DeeR, this worship is IN/EN the Name of all names!
While that sounds nice the Word of God does not say everyone will worship Him.

Upvote 0